Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Mascot Package

Has anyone else been called by the club today trying to sell mascot packages? I told Lisa Squires that Whist Roland is in charge it was out of the question. It made me wonder how desperate the club's ommercial staff must be feeling now constantly hitting a brick wall from fans because of the way the club is being run. My wife told me Ishould have accepted so that my daughter could take off Her shirt and reveal a Roland Out t shirt!

Comments

• Options

Got a phone call last season when it was nearing one of my sons birthdays and told em no chance while this clown owned us
    and had already emailed her earlier on last season cancelling an earlier booking for all 4 of my sons to be mascots and explaining the reasons why with this joke ownership
    I cc'd the meire in and didn't get a response from squires or meire funnily enough
    at some point all 4 of my boys will be mascots together once these bells leave , currently aged 4-6-8-10
    just hope their not 20 somethings by the time they do it !

Ditto mate, I should imagine 24,26,28 and 30 year old fellas would feel rather sheepish walking out holding hands with the skipper, goalkeeper and two others!!!

God forbid...
    At least they'll be old enough to join the "JJ is/isn't past it" debate
  • Options
    edited November 2016

Got a phone call last season when it was nearing one of my sons birthdays and told em no chance while this clown owned us
    and had already emailed her earlier on last season cancelling an earlier booking for all 4 of my sons to be mascots and explaining the reasons why with this joke ownership
    I cc'd the meire in and didn't get a response from squires or meire funnily enough
    at some point all 4 of my boys will be mascots together once these bells leave , currently aged 4-6-8-10
    just hope their not 20 somethings by the time they do it !

Ditto mate, I should imagine 24,26,28 and 30 year old fellas would feel rather sheepish walking out holding hands with the skipper, goalkeeper and two others!!!

God forbid...
    God if I walked out holding Solly's hand they'd think he was the mascot and that Makienok has been re-signed!!
  • Options
    Huge credit that you managed to keep recording!!
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    @ElfsborgAddick why don't you be a mascot? I think you have to be under 1 metre, so you''ll be fine.
  • Options

My eldest was a mascot v Watford and this hurt !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FH3Wbji83JA

Ouch ...but very funny
  • Options

@ElfsborgAddick why don't you be a mascot? I think I you have to be under 1 metre, so you''ll be fine.

Don't be sizeist baldy.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    A defo for You've been framed!
  • Options

Has anyone else been called by the club today trying to sell mascot packages? I told Lisa Squires that Whist Roland is in charge it was out of the question. It made me wonder how desperate the club's ommercial staff must be feeling now constantly hitting a brick wall from fans because of the way the club is being run. My wife told me Ishould have accepted so that my daughter could take off Her shirt and reveal a Roland Out t shirt!

They would probably have made her remove the shirt like they did last year for fans going on the pitch for a presentation wearing a black and white scarf.
  • Options
    masicat said:

Here is my grandson with Ventokele. He hasn't been to a match since. Mind you, neither has my grandson.

It's Vetokele !

Can anyone please explain to me why some people choose to put an "n" in the middle of his name ?

Why "n" , why not a random "l" or "m" ?
  • Options
    Big farter Vetokele.

After one serious ripper someone named him Ventokele and it just stuck.
  • Options

masicat said:

Here is my grandson with Ventokele. He hasn't been to a match since. Mind you, neither has my grandson.

It's Vetokele !

Can anyone please explain to me why some people choose to put an "n" in the middle of his name ?

Waker.

:wink:

• Options

masicat said:

It's Vetokele !

Its reserved for when Igor wants to vent a bit of anger
  • Options
    Already bagged one for the eldest's birthday in October 
  • Options
    and it does include the kit, I checked that when I ordered
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    I don't think that price is too bad. BUT I wish the club would NOT quote prices for this stuff as £x plus VAT.  (They have stopped doing it for hospitality packages fairly recently). I'm pretty sure it's a breach of ASA rules when the marketing is aimed at regular customers fans rather than businesses. Perhaps @Ollywozere would like to comment?

Edited to add:  this seems to confirm that: https://www.asa.org.uk/advice-online/compulsory-costs-and-charges-vat.html
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    BTW, as far as I know, Everton is one of the few (only?) clubs that does not charge for mascot packages. Mascots are picked at random from a list of junior members. A friend's son was chosen for the away game at Man City a few seasons back and had a thoroughly enjoyable experience. 
  • Options
    Rothko said:
    Already bagged one for the eldest's birthday in October 
    What was your favourite birthday present Son?

"Well between the mascot package and the socks, I think the latter Dad..."

Said Dave... Aged 21
  • Options
    They ought to mention any age limit on the ad
  • Options
    cafcfan said:
    BTW, as far as I know, Everton is one of the few (only?) clubs that does not charge for mascot packages. Mascots are picked at random from a list of junior members. A friend's son was chosen for the away game at Man City a few seasons back and had a thoroughly enjoyable experience. 
    As it should be 
  • Options
    cafcfan said:
    Genuinely thought that's how it's done everywhere. Selected from junior members, or by application. Always assumed I was free either way
  • Options
    It’s a fair outlay (particularly with twins!), but it was without doubt one of my favourite and memorable days following Charlton when my boys were mascots last season.

As long as you have a shave, you'd get away with doing it with them mate.
    Would be hilarious seeing an adult in full kit walking out holding Stockley's hand and having a pre match kick about with the team.

Think Hartlepool fans did it for the groom on a stag do.

• Options
    In 1999 we used to have one free mascot picked from junior reds but they had to have or buy the kit themselves. 

The club used to then sell mascot packages including kit for about £200-£250 per mascot as well but had a maximum of 3 or 4 mascots per game

Also used to other away team a free mascot if they also offered our junior reds a mascot package at the reverse fixture

• Options
    It’s a fair outlay (particularly with twins!), but it was without doubt one of my favourite and memorable days following Charlton when my boys were mascots last season.

As long as you have a shave, you'd get away with doing it with them mate.
    Would be hilarious seeing an adult in full kit walking out holding Stockley's hand and having a pre match kick about with the team.

Think Hartlepool fans did it for the groom on a stag do.

Someone did it at Welling a few years ago

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=trC7Sh0s_HU