Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Bristol Rovers game in doubt

I'm working in Bristol and the weather is atrocious. The main train station has just closed. Some parts are flooded. The forecast is poor too. I will be surprised if it goes ahead.

Comments

• Options
    Hope they make an early decision either way
  • Options
    Cheers @WelshAddick

I'm in Exeter where its been pouring all day. Intending to go to the game if on but my recollection of last visit to Memorial Ground (where I think Chris Powell was sent off as a manager) was that it is unlikely to be the type of ground where there has been great expense on drainage etc.

• Options
    Team all got there alright anyway
  • Options
    Damn, I was looking forward to it.

Ok, I'm lying. I considered going as I don't usually miss a new ground (for me) opportunity, but couldn't think of anything worse for a November Tuesday evening.
  • Options
    The pitch is wavy and not flat, that's certain!
  • Options

Ok, I'm lying. I considered going as I don't usually miss a new ground (for me) opportunity, but couldn't think of anything worse for a November Tuesday evening.

Carlisle ? .. Hartlepool ? .. Barrow ?
  • Options
    edited November 2016

Opponents changed to Bristol Rowers ....

Aarrrgh they ain't called the pirates for nothing me old matey. :wink:
  • Options

Bradford midweek in JANUARY cup game 1990s or midweek Grimsby,PNE,OR Boro .now i know you have done them as well as Rochdale on a Tuesday night afew years ago because i spoke with you and Mark Stuart.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The above was for COVERED END.
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    Fiiish said:

Does that mean we have to watch out for divers in the box?

I can perfectly understand why you're worried Fiiiish :wink:
  • Options
    From Bristol Post Online:

Marcus Stewart is hopeful that heavy overnight rain will not put paid to Bristol Rovers' game against Charlton Athletic at the Memorial Stadium on Tuesday night.

Bristol was brought to a standstill on Monday morning as commuters were forced to battle their way through flash flooding following persistent rain fall that started on Sunday night.

Groundstaff were at the Memorial Stadium first thing on Monday morning working overtime in a bid to drain the pitch in preparation for the match, and Stewart said: "The rain is in for today, but I believe that it won't be so wet for the rest of the week. Our pitch at the Memorial Stadium drains pretty well so I think we'll be fine."

Read more at http://www.bristolpost.co.uk/will-bristol-rovers-sky-bet-league-one-match-with-charlton-athletic-go-ahead-on-tuesday-night/story-29921250-detail/story.html#ytjaLIrUCXLs21v1.99
  • Options
    If they sack it off it better be before my 2.30 pick up at Eltham.
  • Options
    Fiiish said:

RedChaser said:

Fiiish said:

I can perfectly understand why your worried Fiiiish :wink:
    There may also be confusion if someone announces that they're bringing on a sub...
    Especially if it's a Uboat, they're still lurking about like the one here :wink: .
  • Options
    edited November 2016

Bradford midweek in JANUARY cup game 1990s or midweek Grimsby,PNE,OR Boro .now i know you have done them as well as Rochdale on a Tuesday night afew years ago because i spoke with you and Mark Stuart.
    I've done quite a few Tuesday/Wednesday night over the years .. but now certain criteria must be met .. I must be able to book a hotel for a good price a few weeks in advance, preferably the away ground will not be more than 150 miles from home and there will not be a game I'm booked for the following Saturday, so as I'll be in London for the Blades game, B Rovers was a no no this week ..
    the last long away Tuesday I did was last season at MK Dons (more than 150 from home) .. what a waste of resources that was ((:>) ..

Now, Richard and his Mrs from Greenwich, Norm and Dave, Seb and Fanny F .. now they are ALWAYS at EVERY game near enough .. and I am sure a few more that I have not named .. it's time for my therapy ((:>)

PS forgot about Preston and Bolton last season .. a nice drive over the Pennines and a decent cheap Travelodge off the M62 near Rochdale
  • Options
    We should be fine with Declan Rudd(er) at the back, steering us to a win!! :smile:
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    RedChaser said:

Fiiish said:

RedChaser said:

Fiiish said:

There may also be confusion if someone announces that they're bringing on a sub...
    Especially if it's a Uboat, they're still lurking about like the one here :wink: .
    If only we still had Mike Salmon or Mark Fish.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    TelMc32 said:

We should be fine with Declan Rudd(er) at the back, steering us to a win!! :smile:

Rudd might be out injured, but if he's missing we'll put the Woolwich ferry in goal
  • Options

I've done quite a few Tuesday/Wednesday night over the years .. but now certain criteria must be met .. I must be able to book a hotel for a good price a few weeks in advance, preferably the away ground will not be more than 150 miles from home and there will not be a game I'm booked for the following Saturday, so as I'll be in London for the Blades game, B Rovers was a no no this week ..
    the last long away Tuesday I did was last season at MK Dons (more than 150 from home) .. what a waste of resources that was ((:>) ..

Now, Richard and his Mrs from Greenwich, Norm and Dave, Seb and Fanny F .. now they are ALWAYS at EVERY game near enough .. and I am sure a few more that I have not named .. it's time for my therapy ((:>)

PS forgot about Preston and Bolton last season .. a nice drive over the Pennines and a decent cheap Travelodge off the M62 near Rochdale
    i will correct one thing nice flight over North Sea .
  • Options
    Fiiish said:

RedChaser said:

Fiiish said:

RedChaser said:

Fiiish said:

Or Sailor Brown even :wink:
  • Options
    TelMc32 said:

Fiiish said:

RedChaser said:

Fiiish said:

RedChaser said:

Fiiish said:

who was the cartoon fish who was a famous footballer ?
  • Options

I'm working in Bristol and the weather is atrocious. The main train station has just closed. Some parts are flooded. The forecast is poor too. I will be surprised if it goes ahead.

What has it been like this evening in the last couple of hours?
  • Options

TelMc32 said:

Fiiish said:

RedChaser said:

Fiiish said:

RedChaser said:

Fiiish said:

who was the cartoon fish who was a famous footballer ?
    to answer my own ? .. Billy The Fish from Viz magazine
  • Options

I've been to Carlisle & Hartlepool and Barrow are non league :wink:
  • Options

I've been to Carlisle & Hartlepool and Barrow are non league :wink:
    on a Tuesday ?
  • Options
    edited November 2016

Oh yes. I've done midweeks away at Bury, Doncaster, Hereford, Cheltenham, Grimsby, Rochdale etc etc, but that was then and this is now. I'll go to Rovers away (The Memorial, seen them at Bath) next season on a Saturday, when RD and KM have departed.