Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Gary Caldwell sacked as Charlton manager ***confirmed*** p7

In the spirit of the CO'L sacked thread I thought Id help out to get the Caldwell one going. Feel to amend the confirmed page in the title when it happens.

The 5 nil win at Millwall was a great moment, but he lost the dressing room after that and the negative tactics etc. The 20 million we got for Lookman wasnt spent well either which didnt help him.

Comments

• Nice bloke, but I suspect he couldn't settle in the south.
  • IF only we had been patient...
  • To be fair on RD he held off selling Ade until that Real Madrid bid came in....
  • Gary Caldwell had to go because the players couldn't understand his Foreign accent.
  • Yes, but when you only get £250,00 of the £20m to spend, you can't blame him that much! We love you Gary - always welcome back at The Valley!
  • edited November 2016
    Really disappointed he's gone. I wish him well at Edmonton Drillers. Not often a manager gets sacked and then 2 days later they get the chance to manage a much bigger club.
  • Right man, but no one can survive under this toxic ownership. Ferdinand Out!
  • It was only ever going to end one way after the video was leaked of him donkey punching KM
  • I was disappointed when we appointed him. I thought we were getting Minnie Caldwell.

(That's one for the oldies)
  • Jacko rumoured to take over according to a Rich Cawley tweet.
  • Sponsored links:

• Davo55 said:

I was disappointed when we appointed him. I thought we were getting Minnie Caldwell.

(That's one for the oldies)

I thought we were getting Minnie Bannister. You can't get the players, you know...
  • CAFCTrev said:

Jacko rumoured to take over according to a Rich Cawley tweet.

I remember him; used to play for us when we were good! Left after Driesen tried to play him up front on his own, just after his 37th birthday. Oh happy days in League Two eh!?! Be good to have him back, but I'm sure Arsenal will want plenty of compensation for taking their first team coach?
  • I blinked and missed him! Never mind I'm sure another nobody will be along soon.
  • Colin has just been spotted in Frankie and Benny's with Marc Wilmots #justsaying
  • CAFCTrev said:

Jacko rumoured to take over according to a Rich Cawley tweet.

I actually believed this and went straight to Twitter hunting for the original comment
    Wait a few months!
  • I really don't want Pep .. he won't change his philosophy to suit the beautiful English game.
  • Never really given enough time , a sad and indicative reflection of the modern game.
  • He lost the dressing room....
  • Sponsored links:

• I just felt he never fully engaged with the organisers of Target 2,000
  • To play defensively when when Peterborough got reduced to 9 men after 10 mins at 0-0 was a poor decision.
  • William Hill have Curbs at 16/1.
  • Seb Lewis is confirmed to be boycotting the next Charlton game.

It is truly the end times.
  • Never took to him myself.
  • CAFCTrev said:

Seb Lewis is confirmed to be boycotting the next Charlton game.

Would you bugger off... I started to believe this as well!!
  • CAFCTrev said:

Seb Lewis is confirmed to be boycotting the next Charlton game.

That would be like the crows leaving the tower of London.