Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Chris O'Loughlin sacked as Charlton manager

Just gonna leave this here and bump in a few months...

He did well to get 6 points v Millwall to be fair but was clear he'd lost the dressing room and relegation meant we need to mix it up and get someone in who can seriously challenge with a top 6 budget for promotion back to League one.

Comments

• His biggest mistake was thinking he could pick the team.
  • He's not the manager, he's just going to sit in the dugout, coach the players and pick the team.
  • edited November 2016
    C_A_F_C said:

He's not the manager, he's just going to sit in the dugout, coach the players and pick the team.

I wouldn't wanna break the news to Mowgli about someone tampering with his squad!
  • he was unlucky with injuries to key players like Crofts and Foley, if they had been fit we'd more likely have made the play offs instead of relegation. Nice bloke too. Good luck at Upjest Chris.
  • Feck oughlin
  • C_A_F_C said:

He's not the manager, he's just going to sit in the dugout, coach the players and pick the team.

That will make a change.

Has Roland lost his mobile number then?

• Sponsored links:

• Well, his stay was short but he did beat the other 243 candidates to get the job.
  • edited November 2016
    Surely it's no coincidence that his sacking came after 275 of our fans visited Roland and his wife at their luxury spa break in Paris to celebrate their 50th wedding anniversary.
  • He improved our ranking, but he had to go. Let's all support new head coach Jose Riga.
  • IA said:

He improved our ranking, but he had to go. Let's all support new head coach Jose Riga.

Her justification angle to sack of all the managers was officially the most stupid thing ever said in the game of football.

I don't even think she's human.

She's a robot created by Roland.

The strange robot is a failure.

1. The creation has to have fake feminine charm, so people trust and initially warm to it.

2. The creation has to literally deflect everything.

3. The creation needs a bit of donald trump DNA.

4. The creation needs to be able to instantly lie about everything and be good at playing victim with instant effect.

5. The creation must obey all orders, not take responsibility for anything, have little dignity....and be 100% loyal to it's master.

• KF has turned us down following the sacking - Pardew said to be interested.
  • KF has turned us down following the sacking - Pardew said to be interested.

Would love to see Fraeye tell Roland to f*ck off.

Who then also goes the opposite direction and becomes a CARD activist.

The Guardian would be all over it.

• IAIA
    edited November 2016
    Will new head coach Jose Riga have enough time to prepare the team for our next league match? Dover are in good form at the moment, might be too early for him to have an impact.
  • I think it was difficult to keep him on after he sat naked in the dug out. Although no one mentioned it at the time, retrospectively, it was probably a turning point.

And telling porkies that it was cold when everyone else was in shirt sleeves simply was not credible.

Like manager like CEO
  • I knew he was fucked when he came out and apologised for something...
  • Sponsored links:

• I must say I quite liked him and thought he was very unlucky with injuries. The final nail in the coffin of course was losing 3-0 to Brackley Town in the FA cup third round.
  • Asking Ahearne-Grant and Lennon to fill in prematch as Sir Valiant and Robyn was humiliating and unprofessional (especially as they were also in the starting XI).
  • edited November 2016
    Come on, nobody was going to get us promoted to the football league with that squad
  • Glad that it din't take long for the new owners and new chief executive to rid us of the dross appointments of Roland and Katrein.
  • It was a bit ridiculous when he named 7 centre backs on the subs bench away at Coventry though
  • Knew his time was up after he had to escape the last away game in a laundry basket.

Nobby Vinegar up next? Or Riga's turn again?
  • I'll always remember him for his innovative grasp of tactics, like when he told the lads not to spread out.
  • vffvff
    edited November 2016
    This is a great thread. Chis O'Loughlin the manager / head coach after the next if they can find a current manager that is. Will definitely need a future revisit.
  • Dave2l said:

KF has turned us down following the sacking - Pardew said to be interested.

Would love to see Fraeye tell Roland to f*ck off.

Who then also goes the opposite direction and becomes a CARD activist.

The Guardian would be all over it.

Fraeye is an unctuous worm, but he knows on which side his bread is buttered

Twat

(By that I mean Fraeye)