Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Club's PR people

This week has been a bit of a shambles for the club PR wise.

Have their PR people (Pitch?) gone, or are they being ignored Baroni style but unlike her are happy to bank the money or are they just a bit crap.

Comments

• I reckon they've given it up as a bad job. Meire and Duchatalet are completely unmanagable as far as PR goes. There's no way a PR agency was involved in the shoddy and amateur statements issued by the club this week.
  • Bitch PR, sorry I mean Pitch PR are still their raking in the ££££'s

Good to see that while we have naff all money for players, table cloths or anything else of worthwhile use Daisy can still manage to find a few grand to pay for some damage limitation.

Talking of damage limitation, has any other administration at CAFC need a PR company before?
  • cafc999 said:

Bitch PR, sorry I mean Pitch PR are still their raking in the ££££'s

Good to see that while we have naff all money for players, table cloths or anything else of worthwhile use Daisy can still manage to find a few grand to pay for some damage limitation.

Talking of damage limitation, has any other administration at CAFC need a PR company before?

Yes, Jimenez had a PR firm handling the press stuff when they took over.
  • Being that they have little to do with the club, the people at Pitch might just have admiration for the lengths Charlton fans will go to to make their point
  • Pitch employ CARD.

Now there's a thought.
  • edited November 2016
    Advisors advise. Clients don't have to listen to or take that advice.

I don't suppose Pitch care that much either way as long as they get paid for the work they are asked to.do, whatever that may be.
  • 3blokes said:

If I was a successful PR agency, with a good track record elsewhere, I would just keep taking this lot's money.
    If I was giving them sound advice, but they were disregarding it and basically crashing their Bentley repeatedly into a wall, well I'd say ok, fair enough let them, as long as they were paying me well enough so that I could buy my own Bentley.
    Which I wouldn't be crashing into a wall.
    If you are working for a rich set of buffoons, who think they know best, let them think that, as you take their money :wink:

This is undoubtedly what will be going on. Charlton will be seen as a difficult client, but compared to some of the names on their roster, they are a relatively small account. They'll want to keep the retainer on their forecasts, and would only consider sacking them if they were unprofitable.

The cataclysmic failing we have seen from the clubs comms isn't enough for Pitch to lose business, and even if a potential new client mentioned it they could easily turn round and justify the statement that Charlton is a basketcase club and despite their continued recommendations they regular make decisions contrary to the advice given, or without Pitch's advice at all.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited November 2016
    3blokes said:

If I was a successful PR agency, with a good track record elsewhere, I would just keep taking this lot's money.
    If I was giving them sound advice, but they were disregarding it and basically crashing their Bentley repeatedly into a wall, well I'd say ok, fair enough let them, as long as they were paying me well enough so that I could buy my own Bentley.
    Which I wouldn't be crashing into a wall.
    If you are working for a rich set of buffoons, who think they know best, let them think that, as you take their money :wink:

Spot on!

They're not putting their brand at risk by advising The Regime, after all - outside of CharltonLife there probably isn't that much visibility between Charlton Athletic and Pitch PR. In fact, they can continue dining off of the success of clientele such as Red Bull, Beats by Dre, Captain Morgan, Sony Music, Chelsea FC, Yahoo, Tag Heuer, Virgin and their other high profile clients. Charlton Athletic is simply a drop in the bucket for them; they're not exactly struggling for case study subjects after all!

You can't blame them for funding their Christmas party by taking money that the club are prepared to give them.. Not much different to me sitting in an office with nothing to do, but charging a day rate for it - if they don't want to utilise me correctly then they shouldn't be spending money on my time!
  • To be fair, they probably had a minor PR score with the 1970s DCI Gene Hunt response to RDs comment about not wanting a woman as CEO. 'That's not true, we took two women with us on our jolly to Belgium Guv and the boys are organising a coach for the next trip and we are asking more women to come with us' probably doesn't quite fully counter RD. Only an observation and no doubt HI will go apoplectic with it and do his trolling bit.
  • edited November 2016
    I think we should be demanding a replacement female CEO. I mean - we don't care what sex they are and it would take this cheap shot away from them. We could say, we want a female CEO because we understand that there are a lot of extremely talented women out there and they are underepresented in football - it is just that Meire is not one of them! What we demand is ignored anyway so no skin of our noses to say it!
  • I don't think the PR company has any problem with the regimes weird (I mean unique) gaffes. As some one in the creative industry, you advise clients as much as you can, but I've lost count of the amount of times they've gone against my advice which has ultimately cost them more money. As long as the club is still paying them I doubt they care Roland occasionally has his outbursts, as it has nothing to do with their performance and ultimately means more work and so more money for them.
  • Isn't KM the one who said she doesn't want to play the gender card? She should complain to RD if he claims that this is what is happening, when she has expressed a wish for it not to happen.
  • Isn't KM the one who said she doesn't want to play the gender card? She should complain to RD if he claims that this is what is happening, when she has expressed a wish for it not to happen.

She doesn't use her gender card as she constantly uses her victim card.
  • edited November 2016

Isn't KM the one who said she doesn't want to play the gender card? She should complain to RD if he claims that this is what is happening, when she has expressed a wish for it not to happen.

She plays every card she can. Sexist, bullying etc... She really is pathetic as well as useless. The problem is that Roland for some reason chooses to overlook this fact, but everybody else knows it!
  • Sponsored links:

She plays every card she can. Sexist, bullying etc... She really is pathetic as well as useless. The problem is that Roland for some reason chooses to overlook this fact, but everybody else knows it!
    Uncle Roly trusts and believes his 'niece'.

He is happy to keep her here 'learning' about business until she is ready for a more 'important' role in one of his businesses.

I just cannot see any other explanation apart from this. We are her 'learning curve' and it is immaterial to him what happens to us in the meantime.

Katrien is the point of this exercise, not us.
  • But it is still costing him loads of money.