Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Show of fan base for new owner

A number of people have said they will return to watching Charlton once the Belgiums are gone. Is it time to show potential owners & the press what this could be like by all coming to the FA cup game. I pick the MK Dons game as it will generate minimal income for the current incompetents whilst increasing stewarding costs if additional stands get opened, be at low cost to us fans, offer the chance for another show of strength, show the players that we are behind the team but not the regime & may even help us get to the 3rd round. Thoughts?

Comments

• I like idea of "This is what you could have had".

Will be very tough to convince a lot of the boycotters to return for the FA Cup, especially as it is MK.
  • Good idea, wrong game.

Man City at home in r3 might be easier
  • Nothing to do with the regime. However, I do not acknowledge the team we are playing against in the 2nd round. Franchise will never get a penny off me.
  • And then listen to Katrien crowing for the next year about how "we had 15k fans for an FA cup 2nd round tie so they must like us really". No thanks.
  • 801912601 said:

A number of people have said they will return to watching Charlton once the Belgiums are gone. Is it time to show potential owners & the press what this could be like by all coming to the FA cup game. I pick the MK Dons game as it will generate minimal income for the current incompetents whilst increasing stewarding costs if additional stands get opened, be at low cost to us fans, offer the chance for another show of strength, show the players that we are behind the team but not the regime & may even help us get to the 3rd round. Thoughts?

If and when the club goes up for sale, I'll happily turn up to an organised event to show potential new owners the strength of the fanbase. Until that time, there is little point. As Meire likes to remind us so often, the club is not for sale.
  • I once posted on here that not a penny more will leave my pocket and go to the club until RD and KM have gone. I will be sticking to that.
  • Potential owners will know what our crowds could be. All they need to do is look at the attendance figures for the last time we were in league one.
  • The best way to do this would be for every fan to pay the cost of a season ticket to an account (possibly held by CARD) which would guarantee purchase of a season ticket when the new ownership comes in.
  • Sponsored links:

• I will only attend games that CARD have called for protests otherwise i will not attend any home games.
  • edited November 2016
    cafckev said:

I will only attend games that CARD have called for protests otherwise i will not attend any home games.

my stance too (oh, except for Brizzle Rovers on 2nd Jan when the Hastings Valley Express coach has an audience with The Liar)
  • edited November 2016
    The only way to do it is a mass protest, but everyone stays outside the ground for the duration.

'All of these people could be inside the stadium'
  • No way will I be going to a game which lines Roland and McMong's pockets.