Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Help please - trains on Saturday

2»

Comments

• Options

I'm down for the Trust AGM and staying on for the match on Saturday. Please don't ask why or turn this into a pros and cons of boycotting thread.

I have a simple Q: going to visit step mum in care home in Darenth on Sat morning. Was planning to jump on train back from Dartford to Charlton, but there don't seem to be any direct ones? Any recommendations on best/ quickest way back?

I go from my parents place in Chatham (home from uni for the weekend) so I'm on the same line as Dartford. When this happens (regularly) I get the train to Blackheath ans either bus/cab it... about half the time of taking a rail replacement bus through the ghetto of erith and Slade green (did that once and some smackheads threatened to kill me - genuinely feared for my safety so won't be doing that again).
    Why? Were you trying to steal their smack?
  • Options
    Leaf on the track at Crayford, major delays.
  • Options

I'm down for the Trust AGM and staying on for the match on Saturday. Please don't ask why or turn this into a pros and cons of boycotting thread.

I have a simple Q: going to visit step mum in care home in Darenth on Sat morning. Was planning to jump on train back from Dartford to Charlton, but there don't seem to be any direct ones? Any recommendations on best/ quickest way back?

I go from my parents place in Chatham (home from uni for the weekend) so I'm on the same line as Dartford. When this happens (regularly) I get the train to Blackheath ans either bus/cab it... about half the time of taking a rail replacement bus through the ghetto of erith and Slade green (did that once and some smackheads threatened to kill me - genuinely feared for my safety so won't be doing that again).
    No I had a seat (because I'd already been on the bus for about an hour) and they didn't. (Although there were spare seats upstairs...
  • Options
    edited November 2016

No I had a seat (because I'd already been on the bus for about an hour) and they didn't. (Although there were spare seats upstairs...
    I presume you offered your seat up then Canters, always best to avoid confrontation :wink: .
  • Options
    RedChaser said:

I presume you offered your seat up then Canters, always best to avoid confrontation :wink: .
    I probably would have had they of asked. I did end up leaving the seat a few moments later once the threats and grabbing started.
  • Options
    Not sure what the situation is for Saturday?

I won't be affected this time but just thought @i_b_b_o_r_g would appreciate me bumping this in any case.

Very belated thanks to @redman and @Eynsfordaddick for helping us out last time.
  • Options
    It would appear that SE Trains are running a normal Saturday time table tomorrow
  • Options
    Does anyone know if London bridge is open or have i got to go to cannon street
  • Options
    We pass through LB, but the platform we would have used to get to Charlton is being worked on now, so we change at Victoria and pass straight through.
  • Options

We pass through LB, but the platform we would have used to get to Charlton is being worked on now, so we change at Victoria and pass straight through.

Cheers, cannon street it is then
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Funny enough going this way gets us back in Bedford earlier, downside is Saturday night tv.
  • Options
    edited December 2016

London Bridge open so either!

Cannon Street only doing 1/2 hourly via Greenwich (NOT stopping at London Bridge)

Charing Cross also doing 1/2 hourly via Waterloo East, London Bridge and Lewisham

• Options
    Thanks CatAddick.
    Just found out trains leave London bridge at 17 and 47 past the hour
    COYR
  • Options
    edited December 2016

The trains to Charlton from Charing Cross stop at London Bridge now, if that's any help. They leave Waterloo East at 12 and 42 so a few (five?) minutes later at LB.
  • Options
    1st home game im attending and barnehurst to charlton via blackheath working lovely jubbly now just need the 3 points.
  • Options

Macronate said:

addickson said:

As an "outsider" I usually love London transport, but when it goes wrong then I'm totally at a loss. One night when Bexleyheath trains were cancelled I jumped on a Plumstead train on the basis that it's quite close to B'heath. Got off the train and caught the first bus that had B'heath on the front. It took a really roundabout route via Slade Green where some very dodgy characters got on board, one of the very few times that London has given me the fear.
    Nuffink wrong with Slade Green folk.

Salt of the earth characters.
    Genuinely thought I was going to get stabbed on a rail replacement bus at 12pm on a Saturday. By someone with 3 teeth and the world's most greasy hair. That's enough Slade Green for me..
    Didn't know Elfsborg came from Slade green
    You're funny man.

What is wrong with Slade Green anyway?
  • Options

Both stations have wheelchair lift facility.
  • Options

Thanks CatAddick.
    COYR

Make sure you let the station staff know so they can arrange for the wheelchair ramp.
  • Options

Thanks CatAddick.
    COYR

Make sure you let the station staff know so they can arrange for the wheelchair ramp.
    They're very helpful like that.
  • Options
    edited December 2016

Thanks CatAddick.
    COYR

He also ought to write down where he lives in case he forgets. He ended up getting back Sunday afternoon from the Ramblers last Friday.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Thanks CatAddick.
    COYR

He also ought to write down where he lives in case he forgets. He ended up getting back Sunday afternoon from the Ramblers last Friday.
    So soon.