Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Viagogo alternatives (and ideas)

Hi, I have flights booked for Napoli v Kiev in the CL next week. I made checks when purchasing but it seems this game is members only because it’s ‘high risk’.

Viagogo want £90+ for a 40 euro ticket and oddly they won’t post to the UK for this game. Can anyone recommend an alternative? Seatwave can bugger off as I received Dortmund tickets after flying to Germany a few years ago.

I’m also worried about the name on the ticket as they’re strict in Italy. Napoli & Listicket have so far ignored my emails, I could ask my hotel for help, but I’m tempted to give up the (untransferrable) flights and visit at another time. Watching football in Italy can be such a pain.

Comments

• when i used viagogo for dortmund tickets previously they were season ticket cards that i picked up 4 hours before the game and had to drop them off maximum 3 hours after the game, that could possibly be why they wont post them, if you go an arsenal game here usually a member buys the ticket and its loaded on to the card to be used.
  • @RedPanda i'm off to the Milan derby at the weekend and we had to get our tickets through viagogo. They asked for our details to change names and d.o.b etc but we were hit with a very painful handling fee. Our tickets are also e tickets. If you do get them through an agency print off all copies of name change and obviously bring your passport.

Another option is email your hotel for tickets. They should be able to help and will maybe ask for a photo of your passport for the ticket naming details.

Good luck, always wanted to grt to the Sao Paolo.
  • I would definitely try the hotel. Had a similar problem that Viagogo would only deliver to my hotel when I went to Madrid a couple of years ago. Contacted the hotel and they were so helpful and secured me tickets.

• Agree with Fish about asking the hotel to help. Would be tempted to go enjoy Naples & surrounding area regardless of ticket situation.
  • When I used viagogo it stayed up all night
  • Fiiiiiish said:

@RedPanda i'm off to the Milan derby at the weekend and we had to get our tickets through viagogo. They asked for our details to change names and d.o.b etc but we were hit with a very painful handling fee. Our tickets are also e tickets. If you do get them through an agency print off all copies of name change and obviously bring your passport.

Another option is email your hotel for tickets. They should be able to help and will maybe ask for a photo of your passport for the ticket naming details.

Thank you! I’m surprised you had to use Viagogo for that. I did the derby in January and was able to buy through Milan’s official site. I could only purchase top tier but it was relatively straight-forward.

Also, you could go and see Atalanta v Roma that afternoon. Bergamo is a nice town, easily reached from Milan and tickets are cheap http://www.listicket.com/ticketing/acquisto/acquistoStep1/36752/ATALANTA-vs-ROMA-Serie-A-TIM-2015-2016
  • I used Viagogo the other week for Malaga V Gijon .
  • Viagogo alternatives (and ideas)...........

Tried those herbal ones once out of the toilet vending machines. Bloody useless!!
  • RedPanda said:

Fiiiiiish said:

@RedPanda i'm off to the Milan derby at the weekend and we had to get our tickets through viagogo. They asked for our details to change names and d.o.b etc but we were hit with a very painful handling fee. Our tickets are also e tickets. If you do get them through an agency print off all copies of name change and obviously bring your passport.

Thank you! I’m surprised you had to use Viagogo for that. I did the derby in January and was able to buy through Milan’s official site. I could only purchase top tier but it was relatively straight-forward.

Also, you could go and see Atalanta v Roma that afternoon. Bergamo is a nice town, easily reached from Milan and tickets are cheap http://www.listicket.com/ticketing/acquisto/acquistoStep1/36752/ATALANTA-vs-ROMA-Serie-A-TIM-2015-2016
    @RedPanda Milan are doing well this season....no doubt had something to do with it. We managed to get middle sideline tier for a little bit more, but will be great to see both curvas.

We are off to watch Chievo v Cagliari on Saturday aswell but i did fancy the Atalanta game....was it easy to get to and from the station to the ground? The derby is in the evening so obviously don't want to risk getting there late or being held up.
  • Fiiiiiish said:

RedPanda said:

Fiiiiiish said:

@RedPanda Milan are doing well this season....no doubt had something to do with it. We managed to get middle sideline tier for a little bit more, but will be great to see both curvas.

We are off to watch Chievo v Cagliari on Saturday aswell but i did fancy the Atalanta game....was it easy to get to and from the station to the ground? The derby is in the evening so obviously don't want to risk getting there late or being held up.
    Nice! In Bergamo it’s a bus or long walk between the ground and station, we walked back after a 3pm KO and made the night game at San Siro without trouble (albeit we weren’t particularly early). Chievo is a good choice too, Verona’s a lovely city.
  • Sponsored links:

• RedPanda said:

Fiiiiiish said:

RedPanda said:

Fiiiiiish said:

Nice! In Bergamo it’s a bus or long walk between the ground and station, we walked back after a 3pm KO and made the night game at San Siro without trouble (albeit we weren’t particularly early). Chievo is a good choice too, Verona’s a lovely city.
    Thanks mate, good to know. I heard the walk from the Bergamo station to the ground is about half and hour so should be fine for us to get back to milan for.
  • Yeah they are very strict in Italy on making sure you have the name that is printed on the ticket. Every game I've been to I've had to show passport or driving licence just to get to the turnstiles.