Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

RD & KM or Charlton Redball FC

Serious question,
What would fans actually prefer between RD and KM or the Redball Franchise?

Comments

• Charlton Red Ball
    Red Ball
    Ball
  • Surely there's no question that Red Bull would be more beneficial to the club. I would take them in a heart beat.
  • I think that would be out of the frying pan into the fire. Yes they would bring investment but with that would be a complete rebrand including a name change (if they could get away with it) to RB Charlton and likely a move away from The Valley. We desperately need new ownership but for me we need owners that respect the history and culture of our club. If Red Bull buy us (highly unlikely imo) we would become more of a franchise than MK Dons.
  • There was a long thread on this last week which came to an end when red bull released a statement saying they have no intention of buying an english club, which is quite likely because they wouldn't be allowed to change the team name.
  • Red ball? Does it give you bollocks?
  • I do like a can of Red BALL I must say. Red Ball gives you balls!
  • Serious question,
    What would fans actually prefer between RD and KM or the Redball Franchise?

http://www.redbull.com/uk/en
  • edited November 2016
    RD & KM

I'm a supporter of Charlton Athletic not Charlton Red Bull
  • edited November 2016
    MrLargo said:

Why does it have to be a choice between those two? I'd prefer it if Roland sold to someone else, Peter Varney's consortium for example, or the people Paul Elliot is involved with.

I think this is one of them would you rather scenarios Largo, as opposed to the only choices we have.
  • Sponsored links:

• MrLargo said:

Why does it have to be a choice between those two? I'd prefer it if Roland sold to someone else, Peter Varney's consortium for example, or the people Paul Elliot is involved with.

I think this is one of them would you rather scenarios Largo, as opposed to the only choices we have.
    Yeah I know mate, but deliberately or not, it promotes the theory that this is the only choice we've got.
  • edited November 2016
    Duchatelet will kill Charlton in a few years, Red Bull would kill Charlton instantly. Maybe a quick death would be less painful but hardly a choice!
  • rd & km unfortunately as at least we would keep our name and stadium.
  • Not saying Red Bull are the solution but clearly RD and KM aren't either. I feel they've had their chance and if someone else wants to try, then let them. I would personally rather it be somone other than Red Bull, but if it's between the two, I cannot see how I could possibly defend RD and KM.
  • What would you prefer? To be stabbed or shot?
  • I'd prefer Red Bull franchise, never heard of RedBall's Franchise? What do they do exactly?
  • The fa will never let a team change it name, look at Hull that did not happen
  • edited November 2016
    Dazzler21 said:

I'd prefer Red Bull franchise, never heard of RedBall's Franchise? What do they do exactly?

I believe they are pioneers of the "Don't put hair removal cream on your scrote" amazon review movement.
  • The fa will never let a team change it name, look at Hull that did not happen

Wimbledon FC - > MK Dons
  • Red Bull every time.
    These Belgians are poison for CAFC.
  • Sponsored links:

• Red Bull every time.
    These Belgians are poison for CAFC.

Annnnnnnd Red Bull is a silenced pistol at point blank range to the back of the skull
  • Compromise. Let's call it Charlton Deadball...
  • Judging on what I know of this regime and how I understand that Red Bull operate, it doesn't seem to be much of a choice.

Screenshot 2016-11-15 10.10.42

I'd prefer a person or organisation who genuinely wanted footballing success for Charlton as Charlton, even if they had less resources to spend on it.
  • Red Bull would be really bad for Charlton.

On that basis, they'd be much better than RD, so get my vote.
  • I'd rather us start again, Charlton Athletic 2017.
  • edited November 2016
    sam3110 said:

The fa will never let a team change it name, look at Hull that did not happen

Wimbledon FC - > MK Dons
    That is different as Wimbledon went tits up(I could be wrong?) we are not in that position yet.
  • They didn't go tits up, they didn't own a ground as they shared with Palarse and decided instead of moving to a local site they'd relocate to MK.

If Red Bull bought us and decided to relocate to a new ground, they'd also be able to change the name of the team, as like I have already said forcing a team that now plays in Greenhithe, Ashford, Land's End or on the Isle of Wight to still be called Charlton Athletic makes no sense.
  • Why would you create a false dichotomy?
  • Better than blue ball
  • Neither thanks.