Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Should Driesen be given a go as manager?

About time either Driesen or KM had a go at managing - conventional managers just fail at Charlton so we need a fresh approach.
I'm sure either of them could do a great job....

Comments

• But who would be the scout? We might miss out on the next nabby sarr
  • Honestly, why not I guess...
  • Yeah, lets go down all balls out in style.
  • Tommy D's Red and White Army.....etc etc...
  • Not yet. We need to get through Chris O'Loughlin and Nobby yet. His time will come.
  • May as well with Daisy as chief scout
  • RD could do it via his live feed. He could install another feed to the training ground to monitor how that goes and which players he wants to pick. He could send messages to the dugout during matches to tell them to send a sub on, argue with the fourth official, stand on the edge of the box and wave and point.
  • I want Nobby if only to hear the variations on how to pronounce his name
  • Sponsored links:

• Daisy is going to be Director of Football.

Driesen is chief chief scout and assistant manager.

The ball boys will take it in turns to be matchday manager.
  • Still think Driesen deserves a go working with COLin and Nobby Vinegar. Our ranking would definitely improve.
  • There is an ancient South-East London saying...

"At some point, EVERYONE can be Charlton manager"
  • we could do it as a winner stays on game show, manager is drawn at random on the Sunday and they get to take over the fist team till they lose a game.

you could probably sell it to a tv channel like a reality show.

• Only if he watches every game on his laptop in the dugout, I feel that's only fair to the lad, better check the hard drive though just in case.
  • Yes. Get him out in the open where we can see him. He"s provided all these cock wombles for other managers, now lets see him create a winning team with the players he's scouted, with all the logical and deserved abuse when it all goes tits up.
  • I reckon he could claim a refund on his live feed seeing as he doesn't use it! Yes Katrien - we know that now!
  • edited November 2016
    Might as well. He can't be much worse than Karel. The sooner we get all Rolands morons in and out the manager's job, the sooner he might think of pissing off because nobody in their right mind will work for the twat.
  • Couldn't do any worse than Slade.
  • Sponsored links:

• Driesen as manager AFTER the hexagonal nets have had a chance.
  • vffvff
    edited November 2016
    This may be the quickest way to rid Charlton Athletic of Drieson's helpful input. Unfortunately, Drieson as manager is likely to happen of Charlton in League 2.
  • If by 'go' you mean 'boot' and if by 'as manager' you mean 'up his arse' then yes.
  • Knockaert who started playing professionally 7 years ago in France when Driesen was probably just finishing primary school?
  • Ultimately he is in charge of our scouting. The number of duds he has forced on us is phenomenal.
  • edited November 2016
    Rob62 said:

Ultimately he is in charge of our scouting. The number of duds he has forced on us is phenomenal.

Law of averages and by the same reasoning our next manager could probably end up taking charlton to a Champions league final. Obviously whether he will also be able to arrange enough tickets for the team to sit together to watch it could be a bit more tricky.