Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

'Weired' experieince

Spent the weekend in Liverpool (wife's birthday treat, great buzzy place lots to do and see) so had made my mind up that I wouldn't be able to watch the game. However, I found myself in a bookies in the city with my brother-in-law and settled down to watch the match - probably the only Addick's fan in Liverpool!

Fortunately made the right decision to leave at half time to sink a few pints in the Cavern! What a terrible performance; Swindon were crap and we were worse. No threat on either wing, Ajose and Novak? They can both do one. How on earth the club insisted on playing this without our main target man, plus Lookman and Holmes is beyond me. They obviously have no real intent on going up - three points chucked away!

Comments

• Weired spelling thread
  • edited November 2016
    addick05 said:

Spent the weekend in Liverpool (wife's birthday treat, great buzzy place lots to do and see) so had made my mind up that I wouldn't be able to watch the game. However, I found myself in a bookies in the city with my brother-in-law and settled down to watch the match - probably the only Addick's fan in Liverpool!

Fortunately made the right decision to leave at half time to sink a few pints in the Cavern! What a terrible performance; Swindon were crap and we were worse. No threat on either wing, Ajose and Novak? They can both do one. How on earth the club insisted on playing this without our main target man, plus Lookman and Holmes is beyond me. They obviously have no real intent on going up - three points chucked away!

Not the only Addick, my brother likes the nightlife so much he's buying a house there so he can do our northern aways and a weekend on the piss.
  • Strainge thred
  • Weired spelling thread

Says the man(?) who does not use a capital letter B for Blackpool!
  • addick05 said:

Not the only Addick, my brother likes the nightlife so much he's buying a house there so he can do our northern aways and a weekend on the piss.
    We won't be playing the scousers for a long time so I'd suggest he keeps hold of his money!
  • Weired spelling thread

I hadn't noticed that but too late to change it now
  • Sponsored links:

• sam3110 said:

And you're completely wrong about the club insisting on playing it, they reiterated multiple times that we had to play despite the callups.

2.5 lack of discipline, poor knowledge, can't spell Weird and a waste of thread space, should have been subbed off early

Is that correct though ? I read in two newspapers this morning that the club had turned down the opportunity of cancelling the game because it was due to be aired on sky

• Weired spelling thread

I hadn't noticed that but too late to change it now
    Specsavers open at 9 on a Monday.
  • sam3110 said:

And you're completely wrong about the club insisting on playing it, they reiterated multiple times that we had to play despite the callups.

2.5 lack of discipline, poor knowledge, can't spell Weird and a waste of thread space, should have been subbed off early

Is that correct though ? I read in two newspapers this morning that the club had turned down the opportunity of cancelling the game because it was due to be aired on sky

Probably just to allow katrien to get her PR 'facts' out.
  • sam3110 said:

We don't get much money for being on sky away from home, and the club has consistently trotted out the fact beforehand, I don't think they have the forward planning skills to lay this much groundwork just to chuck a game that's live on TV, as I have said before not everything is a conspiracy
  • So it was your wife's birthday and you left her to spend the day in the bookies and the pub?
  • sam3110 said:

sam3110 said:

..........as I have said before not everything is a conspiracy
    Are you trying to start a conspiracy that not everything is a conspiracy....... sounds iffy to me.
  • Sky can change fixtures around last minute and fuck up thousands of football fans travel arrangements, often leaving fans out of pocket. Yet we can't get a game called off last minute because of them. Football is a fucking joke.
  • sam3110 said:

If we had called it off Perks would not have had another free lunch, how could the club do that come on.
  • No, only in bookies for half hour -- she was happy shopping with her sister - and we all like the cavern - LIVE music and great atmosphere. Better then the Valley lately, that's for sure!
  • addick05 said:

No, only in bookies for half hour -- she was happy shopping with her sister - and we all like the cavern - LIVE music and great atmosphere. Better then the Valley lately, that's for sure!

The Cavern is a great venue, especially if you're a Beatles fan, they have a tribute band play there on a Thursday and Saturday. Seen them a couple of times and they put on a great show.