Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Next four games.........

Against top six sides, tough times ahead?

Comments

• I never want Charlton to lose but I am as angry as anyone what is happening to our Club.
  • Port Vale we smashed away from home and drew thanks to a pen.
    Bristol Rovers just lost 4-0 away at Millwall
    Sheffield United and Bradford are the two that slightly worry me

But we'll have our full squad back... How about we judge yesterdays performance when we've got everyone back from International Duty

Yes yesterday was poor and yes yesterday proves we wont win without key players but name me a squad that can afford to lose FOUR players and win?

But we'll have our full squad back... How about we judge yesterdays performance when we've got everyone back from International Duty

Yes yesterday was poor and yes yesterday proves we wont win without key players but name me a squad that can afford to lose FOUR players and win?

But we have had those players available for most of this season and we are way down the league and look like we have no chance of reaching the playoffs

But we have had those players available for most of this season and we are way down the league and look like we have no chance of reaching the playoffs
    We're 5 points from the playoffs (even ignoring the game in hand which we'll lose). It's one of those divisions where most teams could reach the playoffs or get relegated. Too many draws is why we're mid table, not the crap performances like yesterday

Sheffield United
  • Weve had a slow start yes I agree but as said, were five points from the Play-Offs with a game in hand.

We've had a whole new squad which looks like its starting to gel yet at the same time we were always going to have a result like yesterday (i.e. Even when we romped to the League One title we lost 4-2 at home to Notts County and that performance really was awful from us)
  • Weve had a slow start yes I agree but as said, were five points from the Play-Offs with a game in hand.

We've had a whole new squad which looks like its starting to gel yet at the same time we were always going to have a result like yesterday (i.e. Even when we romped to the League One title we lost 4-2 at home to Notts County and that performance really was awful from us)

The difference to that Notts County game is that we was 10 points clear at the top after that. We could afford the old slip up back then

Now as Henry Kelly would say on Going for Gold, "Rusty, you are playing catch up"
  • Before Christmas we play Port Vale (6th), Bristol Rovers (5th), Sheffield United (4th), Bradford (2nd), Peterborough (11th) and Millwall (9th). After Christmas, until January, we play Mk Dons (21st), Southend (12th), Rochdale (10th), Millwall (8th), Scunthorpe (1st) and Bolton (3rd). We've shown we can beat Port Vale and Bristol Rovers just got spanked by the Spanners. Any competent manager attacks these games, goes for all three points and then tries to build momentum for the undoubtedly tougher games against Sheffield United, Bradford and Millwall at their gaff. Will Slade? We have to start attacking games because this is a horrid run of fixtures. February looks easier at least.
  • And we are 3 points from relegation. Botaka has never started. Lookman will no doubt go in January and the amount of time Holmes gets kicked up in the air he may be injured a few more times this season. we have tons of games coming up and it will take its toll on this tiny squad. The squad is not big enough or good enough
  • Sponsored links:

• Nicholas said:

And we are 3 points from relegation. Botaka has never started. Lookman will no doubt go in January and the amount of time Holmes gets kicked up in the air he may be injured a few more times this season. we have tons of games coming up and it will take its toll on this tiny squad. The squad is not big enough or good enough

The squad may be flawed, but it's not tiny when compared to the majority of teams in this division. And they'll suffer injuries and departures as well.

For example, Josh Morris has scored 15 for Scunthorpe this season. I bet a few Championship clubs will be making a move in January

Starting to gel !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just don't understand posts like this, we are a million miles away from anything that went on when we won League One. The club is broken, hopefully not permanently, and the only thing that needs to be done before we can fix it is to get rid of the idiots destroying this great club. I truly hope we don't go down because I fear we would struggle to come back but I couldn't give a toss if we go up or not if this lot are still around, not that I think there's any chance of that happening with the squad and manager we have.

We're 5 points from the playoffs (even ignoring the game in hand which we'll lose). It's one of those divisions where most teams could reach the playoffs or get relegated. Too many draws is why we're mid table, not the crap performances like yesterday

Ever the optimist eh?!

the game in hand - also known as a defeat to Millwall :wink:
    We'll beat the spanners then you'll be wanting Slade to stay for the season.

• edited November 2016

Weve had a slow start yes I agree but as said, were five points from the Play-Offs with a game in hand.

:wink:
  • The fact that Slade continues to pick the same underperformers in midfield, when all but him can see that is why we struggle. Not as though he hasn't got other options. Foley, Lookie and Fred regularly out of position and 4-5-1 at home don't suggest much will improve.

Ever the optimist eh?!
    No, realist. For all the faults on and off the pitch, promotion is still very much a possibility.

Ever the optimist eh?!
    No, realist. For all the faults on and off the pitch, promotion is still very much a possibility.
    You did see Swindon run rings around us yesterday didn't you ?

• Sponsored links:

Ever the optimist eh?!
    You often get a team that will go on a run, but by this stage of the season this is normally a good barometer for how a season is going to pan out for most teams.

Weve had a slow start yes I agree but as said, were five points from the Play-Offs with a game in hand.

Ever the optimist eh?!

We were crap, yes. But it's that sort of division where everyone can beat everyone else, if one team plays well and the other badly, especially as we were missing our 3 best players. Bristol Rovers (currently 6th) lost 4-0 to Millwall. Peterborough have just beaten Bolton

Ever the optimist eh?!

We were crap, yes. But it's that sort of division where everyone can beat everyone else, if one team plays well and the other badly, especially as we were missing our 3 best players. Bristol Rovers (currently 6th) lost 4-0 to Millwall. Peterborough have just beaten Bolton
    Do you think we're capable of a top two finish?
  • We have tended to play better against the top sides but not so well against the lesser sides. So it will be mixed.
  • Are some posters being paid by Roly to try and re-define this complete balls up of a failure as something else ?

Just curious.
  • Remind me where we are in the league and how many games we have won.

Ever the optimist eh?!

No

Top 6 yes

Ever the optimist eh?!

No

Top 6 yes
    I hope you're right mate i really do but under Slade i just can't see it happening
  • Everyone moans about us having 3 players missing because of internationals, but against Scunthorpe, only Josh Magennis started the game, Lookman was on the bench until Holmes was injured and Botaka is normally an 85th minute sub. The starting 11 against Swindon wasn't a lot different to the starting 11 against Scunthorpe. Forget excuses, we were just useless