Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Jordan buys Smellhurst

for £12m, without Noades knowing that he is the buyer.

This court case is going to be a cracker if it gets that far, this guy is clearly used to doing things not in an upfront way.

Comments

• Options
    I sthis for real afka! Do you have a link??
  • Options
    Could hardly believe it myself, but it does appear to be on Crystal Palace site if you can bear to type it into your browser..!

Fair play to him, wonder if he'll bother doing the ground up now ?
  • Options
    'If i had the wings of a sparra' and all that!
  • Options
    Typical of him to do it in such a backhanded manner.
  • Options
    He's a very shrewd operator! Because let's face it, you would have to be to turn Noades over in such spectacular style!

At last SE25 is a noades free place!! Bloody marvellous! :-)
  • Options
    I prefered it when Noades owned it as at least he was screwing Palace out of rent every month. 12m for that dump. I reckon Noades ain't gonna be pleased though.
  • Options
    [cite] LargeAddick:[/cite]I prefered it when Noades owned it as at least he was screwing Palace out of rent every month. 12m for that dump. I reckon Noades ain't gonna be pleased though.

And Uncle Ron's position was preventing any form of stadium development or investment from interested parties......now Ron has gone CPFC can finally move forward.

I'm sure your delighted ;-)
  • Options
    Don't you hate websites which expect you to register eg. cpfc ?

Can find the story here.
  • Options
    edited October 2006
    PTV websites like Palarse's can usually be accessed with the username screwyou and the password screwyou. (for more, visit http://www.bugmenot.com/.

If Jordan's fcuked the old bastard over, good on him, frankly. In the great scheme of things, it's Noades who we should be directing more of our hatred to, rather than the Tango'd comedy chairman.
  • Options
    i hate both with an equal passion.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I wouldn't piss on Jordan if he was on fire, and he's clearly a fool, but I'd rather have him in the game than a cold-hearted cynic like Noades. London football's lucky he's not managed to kill any of the club's he's touched (his last bright idea was to move Brentford to Kingstonian's ground, before AFC Wimbledon moved in).

Better to have a clown in the game than a wannabe club-killer.
  • Options
    Interesting comments from Noades, mind:

"We knew it was a shell company who were buying it," Noades told Sky Sports News.

"I would have been quite happy to have sold directly to Simon. If he feels he had to go in that direction to achieve the sale then fine, we're very happy.

"For Simon to have actually bought the ground is the best thing that could possibly happen for the club.

"I held onto the ground because I wanted to ensure there was always a ground for Crystal Palace to play at.

"If they went into administration again they could always start with a new team providing the stadium was there.

"Simon needs the ground to dispose of it or in order to keep it up, it's up to him to demonstrate Palace's future.

"He hasn't said whether Crystal Palace football club are buying the ground or whether Simon Jordan is buying the ground."
  • Options
    "Crystal Palace fans will wear orange at Saturday's home match against Cardiff to show their appreciation for perma-tanned chairman Simon Jordan, who has purchased the club's Selhurst Park ground". (The Times)

made me chuckle!
  • Options
    great news...it'll give ours guys something to think about if in the unlikely scenario sj starts developing selhurst and the valley's expansion has stalled...