Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Not much makes me tearful but........

Saw this and made me well up, looking at the little boy's happy face in such a traumatic time for him done it for me.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/league-one

Well done Rochdale, my thoughts are with Josh and his family.

Comments

• Great touch by the club.
  • What a wonderful gesture.
  • Very thoughtful gesture by Dale and my thoughts are with Josh.
  • poor little chap .. that's why any donation to cancer research is a wonderful gift .. to try and prevent more Joshes and his family going through such immeasureable turmoil
  • Bless the little fella.......sometimes life just ain't fair.
  • Bless his little heart.

Far too many innocent young lives are taken by this despicable disease.
  • I was just reading that article myself on the BBC, great gesture for a brave little guy.
  • Saw this and made me well up, looking at the little boy's happy face in such a traumatic time for him done it for me.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/league-one

Well done Rochdale, my thoughts are with Josh and his family.

One of those terrible but heart warming stories, good on Rochdale for doing this. I am properly chocked up.
  • Heartbreaking that he won't even be able to be there.
  • Well that has upset me, poor little Josh, I hope they can find a cure and save him, well done to Rochdale FC as well. This puts football's 'ills' into perspective. I'll be routing for you Josh, I hope you can beat this terrible disease. My thoughts are with you and your family.
  • Sponsored links:

• From the BBC Sportsday page

Five-year-old Rochdale fan given award
    Rochdale's five-year-old terminally ill fan Joshua McCormack has been named the EFL's honorary player of the month.

Earlier this week Joshua, who has a terminal brain tumour, was named on Dale's bench for their Checkatrade Trophy tie at Hartlepool.

He was unable to make the match at Northern Gas and Power Stadium because of his illness, but the League One side still printed a shirt with his name and number and presented it to him the next day.

Rochdale boss Keith Hill spoke earlier this week about how Joshua's story had 'touched the hearts' of everyone at the club after the team first met him in February.
  • Just seen this, so sad:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/38613649

My thoughts are with little Joshua's family.
  • So sad. What a lovely little lad. RIP Joshua
  • RIP littlun.
  • Sleep tight, Joshua.
  • edited January 2017
    Shit shit shit.......that's just about as sad and tragic as it gets.
    He was absolutely adorable.
    RIP......little fella.....RIP.
  • Well that sucks. A brain tumour that leaves you dead at age 5. Totally awful and lost for words.

Cannot really imagine how his family and friends feel now. Hope you get through it.

Sometimes life is truly shit.
  • Rest east Josh. RIP
  • Top club, wish the family well
  • Sponsored links:

• So sad, Rest in peace young Josh.
  • Absolutely terrible.

RIP little man.
  • So so sad. In a world where the demands of Payet and Costa are news this, no doubt, won't make the front or back pages.

Thoughts are with with Josh's family.

RIP little lad
  • RIP Josh, thoughts are with his family and friends at this sad time.
  • So gutted and sad. RIP little man.
  • So sad, RIP.

• Very sad. RIP
  • Tragic news. No one should suffer like that, let alone a young child.

Rest in Peace Joshua.
  • May he rest in peace. My condolences to his family,
  • So heartbreaking RIP little Josh