Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Colchester away - Who's going ?

Seb won't be the only one ! +2 going

Comments

• Any idea if we can still progress in this thing? Or what the format is if we do? If no ones interested enough to care that's fair enough.
  • The 31 year man will be there. He's wearing it like a badge of honour
  • cabbles said:

The 31 year man will be there. He's wearing it like a badge of honour

Does this fella ever age , in fact it won't quite seem the right fit if he does , as you were caddles
  • The 31 years refers to his commitment on his 54th year on this planet to do 31 years of every game home and away up until his 85th birthday and then he was done with Charlton.

This commitment was made at the start of last season and by September he'd missed Blackburn away. Weak

Tonight he'll be lording it because he thinks this puts him in the big time.

• Seeing as we have lost a few for the Swindon game - perversely, this becomes a very useful game.
  • I'm a speedy 30 minutes away up the A12. I'm not going. Not even tempted.
  • Have they built any boozers within a 26 mile radius of the ground yet?
  • I went last time and have learnt my lesson.

Nice friendly bunch who let us use the home bar after our coach arrived at breakfast time. Obviously the organisers looked up the time it would take walking from north Kent by mistake.
  • Sponsored links:

• We're hard pressed to find 18 players to take, hope Seb has taken his boots
  • Roland will be there as usual, continuing to chase Seb's record.
  • cafcfan said:

I'm a speedy 30 minutes away up the A12. I'm not going. Not even tempted.

I'm a little more than 30 minutes away, but I was offered a free lift. Still don't fancy it.
  • drewman said:

Any idea if we can still progress in this thing? Or what the format is if we do? If no ones interested enough to care that's fair enough.

As far as i can see we either need to better Southampton's result or hope for a 6 goal swing over Crawley (ie. if us and saints both win 3-0 we're through)
  • Somewhat ridiculously, if I could get there, I'd go! Have weird OCD thing where I'd like to complete the set of group games!

Had it been Crawley I'd have gone on the train, but Colchester is too much hassle on public transport.
  • Sorry, but I'll be cutting my toenails.
  • Roland is probably having a meeting in Colchester today, but will head back to Belgium just before kick off.
  • Used the Dog and Pheasant in Nayland Road last time. About a 15 minute walk from ground, no problems.

http://www.hungryhorse.co.uk/locations/dog-pheasant/find-us
  • At best, we win a game in a competition nobody cares about.. At worst, I get flashbacks of one of the worst ever nights watching CAFC in recent years.

Holy sh*t - it still gives me shivers thinking of Naby Noballs getting rinsed by the worst team in the division below us.
  • Fair play to those making the trip!
  • Sponsored links:

You've been spying on me again !

• Huge game tonight, we have to win and hope that Crawley beat Southampton U21's to have a chance of progressing. Alternatively, we need a big win tonight and pray that Southampton fail to beat Crawley AND lose on penalties.

#MagicOfTheCup
  • Huge game tonight, we have to win and hope that Crawley beat Southampton U21's to have a chance of progressing. Alternatively, we need a big win tonight and pray that Southampton fail to beat Crawley AND lose on penalties.

#MagicOfTheCup

Does that mean 2 go through from each group. I had assumed it was 1!!
  • Will they use the Duckworth-Lewis it the weather intervenes ?
  • Not me, I'm watching Emmerdale.
  • Good to see Lapslie on the bench
  • Where's the match thread. ?