Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• The main priority is for a change in management and ownership.
  • very good
  • 'Katrien, its RD, its time to work out the Christmas bonus. Tell me what you've done to earn yours, what's different this year from last year ?'. 'Well boss, one year ago there was a club, there was a team that was heading for relegation, there were fans that came along to watch a game and there were fans that for some weird reason came along to protest about me and you. One year on and this year there's obviously still a club, there's a team that's shaping up nicely now in the league and as at this moment in time is challenging for two cups and RS reckons we will be challenging for a promotion spot pretty soon, there are still fans that come along to watch a game and we've more or less got rid of those fans that used to come along and protest about me and you as they rarely turn up and on the odd occasion they do they give us loads of warning about it so we only spend extra on police and stewarding when we need to.'. 'Good girl KM, sounds like we are winning, keep up the good work, there'll be a little something extra in your christmas box this year.'
  • edited November 2016
    Sad it is that it took so long for popular protest to materialise. Before the 'Do it yourself, then' comments fly forth, some of us did try....and were ignored and out-voted. Nevertheless, there was a pocket of resistance to Duchatelet's tenure well before one year ago. Unfortunately, it was small and without publicity. The popular alternative was to seek talks. Okay then, so let's try that.......
    ......Feb , March, April.......September, October, November...... 2014, 2105, 2016.....
    I am aware of the meetings with 'fan groups' that senior management is hosting. This, I believe, is the result of an English Football League Directive, i.e. there is compulsion so to do.
    I am not decrying dialogue per se, for talking can, in some circumstances, yield positive results. But this circumstance? It may result in a better Duchatelet / better SMT. How much better do things need to be to satisfy the critics? And what is our collective aim? A 'better' version of something that is, thus far, demonstrably and evidentially grim, or a situation whereby the owner sees fit to sell the club (and thus, in time, we see what a new owner has in store)? My thoughts remain the same as they were in the early months of 2014.
  • Good thing we have Richard Cawley and other journo's on our side. Long may it continue.

As long as we all stick together I firmly believe we will win in the end.
  • edited November 2016
    When was the spell it out campaign. THe game was Ipswich was it? It may not have been CARD but I class that as the first major protest. Certainly lots of participation. I was there giving out the posters..
  • Very good article.
  • When was the spell it out campaign. the game against Ipswich was it? It may not have been CARD but I class that as thatched first major protest. Certainly lots of participation. I was there giving out that hehe posters..

The 2% poster protest was the Ipswich game

• When was the spell it out campaign. the game against Ipswich was it? It may not have been CARD but I class that as thatched first major protest. Certainly lots of participation. I was there giving out that hehe posters..

The 2% poster protest was the Ipswich game

Thanks. Surprised you managed to understand what I was saying there. Auto correct did me no favours at all!
  • Sponsored links:

• Autocorrect! More like lunchtime drinking after lectures...
  • AshBurton said:

Autocorrect! More like lunchtime drinking after lectures...

I wish! Not this week, deadlines and assessments next week, so full day in the library for me!