Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Rugby Autumn Internationals

13»

Comments

• Options
    Great last 50 from England. Aussies could and probably should have been further ahead when they were on top, but Jones has instilled a belief that means his team is ready to take advantage in any game.

All bodes well for the 6 nations and, if all goes to plan a cracking finale at 5pm in The Aviva...the day after St Patrick's Day!!
  • Options
    The merry go round is back, lots of good games lined up. especially as they will be the last chance for many players from all countries to stake a claim for a place at next year's world cup

Great quote in the Times about England's Tom Curry .. 'he's so strong he could bicep curl Richie Sunak's wallet'

All the games are live on Amazon
  • Options
    Watched Ireland A v All Blacks XV last night. A bit of a schooling for the Irish lads, with the ABs looking strong in every department. Liked the look of Jack Crowley when he came on near the end. Couldn’t see many of the others stepping up to the first team on that performance, but it might be the reality check that pushes 2 or 3 of them on in the next few months. 

About to head out to watch how the first team do against the Saffers. 
  • Options
    Watched Wales vs All Blacks at the Principality this afternoon. Wales' defence was absolutely destroyed. Only reason they didn't concede 80 was they were taking 10 minutes every time they had the ball. All Blacks were awesome, 2nd half especially. 
  • Options
    Caught the last 25 minutes of the Wales/NZ game and @Jonniesta is right about the ABs being awesome. They do, so often, have that ability to shift up a gear (or three) and destroy opponents at will. 

As for Ireland v South Africa. What an awesome game. Two top class teams, no quarter given, and some brilliant rugby throughout. Saffers lucky to only lose one man to a yellow (du Toit could easily have gone with joint offender Kolbe), Ireland losing McCluskey & Murray in the first half. They were at each other all game and it was great entertainment. Another feather in the Irish cap, beating the World Champions, after the series win in NZ. 
  • Options
    All Blacks muller the Welsh, Scotland beat Fiji who started off like a runaway train then ran out of diesel, Ireland won over Saffies, who would have won if they had kicked their goals.
    The best game i m o was France v Australia, where the drama loving French won with a last minute try, Penaud running through some very tired tacklers to get in right at the corner

England V Argentina today. Do not write off the Argies who have a player in the centre whose name should really be an invention of Alexandre Dumas or Barbara Cartland, the splendid Senor Jeronimo de la Fuente .. Olé !!
  • Options
    TelMc32 said:
    Caught the last 25 minutes of the Wales/NZ game and @Jonniesta is right about the ABs being awesome. They do, so often, have that ability to shift up a gear (or three) and destroy opponents at will. 

As for Ireland v South Africa. What an awesome game. Two top class teams, no quarter given, and some brilliant rugby throughout. Saffers lucky to only lose one man to a yellow (du Toit could easily have gone with joint offender Kolbe), Ireland losing McCluskey & Murray in the first half. They were at each other all game and it was great entertainment. Another feather in the Irish cap, beating the World Champions, after the series win in NZ. 
    Another fecking game I missed because of this poxy musical.
    Mind you, we gave the score out to the audience before the start as many had left the pub (5mins away) before the end. Put everyone in great form!
    Last performance tonight & my life can get back to normal.
    I hate missing all this sport 😩😩😩
  • Options
    All Blacks muller the Welsh, Scotland beat Fiji who started off like a runaway train then ran out of diesel, Ireland won over Saffies, who would have won if they had kicked their goals.
    The best game i m o was France v Australia, where the drama loving French won with a last minute try, Penaud running through some very tired tacklers to get in right at the corner

England V Argentina today. Do not write off the Argies who have a player in the centre whose name should really be an invention of Alexandre Dumas or Barbara Cartland, the splendid Senor Jeronimo de la Fuente .. Olé !!
    Sexton missed a few kicks, with his thigh injury, thought he should have been subbed long before he was.
  • Options
    TelMc32 said:

I was surprised that Murray started and not Gibson-Park who has recently been in top international form   .. Ireland looked much more fluid after G-P came on
  • Options
    TelMc32 said:

I was surprised that Murray started and not Gibson-Park who has recently been in top international form   .. Ireland looked much more fluid after G-P came on
    More than a hint of sentiment there with Conor’s 100th cap.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    England once more put in a rubbish performance .. par for the course though with ol Aussie Mate Jones, the bullshiting  bungler in charge .. England play Japan next week, Jones is a regular 'consultant' to Japan Rugby alongside his useless endeavours for England, as he is of part Japanese extraction, be interesting to see which shirt he's wearing next week .. as you might gather Iam not happy, i m o Jones should have been sacked (I'll type yet again) at least two years ago
  • Options
    Italy beat Australia 28-27 with Australia missing a last minute conversion.
  • Options
    amazing result ... got a message from my mate in Florence who said they deserved it
  • Options
    stonemuse said:
    amazing result ... got a message from my mate in Florence who said they deserved it
    first win ever anywhere for the Italians v Australia .. however, to be a bit of a joy buster, this was very much the Aussie 2nd XV ..
    Terrific games in Paris and Edinburgh, England as expected trample over Japan and have New Zealand next week .. I only hope that I can drive the 20 odd miles to my hotel from the Port Vale ground in time to watch it ..
     Useless Eddie Jones reckons England can 'overpower the AB's forwards' .. I have my doubts .. as ever, we will see
  • Options
    edited November 2022
    Ireland won a hard fought battle against Australia 13-10.

Very surprised to him come back onto the field.
  • Options
    Another rubbish series for England .. the RFU are holding a two week 'consultation', basically to decide if Ozzie Eddie should be sacked .. things are not going to improve over the next fortnight, Jones is a rubbish coach and will still be rubbish in 14 days  .. he should be sacked NOW (I have been saying this for at least 2 years), the odds are he won't and the next 6 nations and the Word Cup performances will be laughably (or tear jerkingly) bad and then Jones will depart with thanks and a bonus .. f f s !! 
  • Options
    Another rubbish series for England .. the RFU are holding a two week 'consultation', basically to decide if Ozzie Eddie should be sacked .. things are not going to improve over the next fortnight, Jones is a rubbish coach and will still be rubbish in 14 days  .. he should be sacked NOW (I have been saying this for at least 2 years), the odds are he won't and the next 6 nations and the Word Cup performances will be laughably (or tear jerkingly) bad and then Jones will depart with thanks and a bonus .. f f s !! 
    They won’t sack him with a World Cup coming up.  Bottoms line is they don’t need 2 weeks to decide. 2 mins should be enough - he has taken us backwards.
  • Options
    Saw talk while I was away that Ronan O’Gara was being considered for the England job. Mind you, he’s on about his 6th suspension of the season at La Rochelle, this one for 10 weeks, so he could probably step in while not working at the club 😉

https://www.sportsjoe.ie/rugby/ronan-ogara-england-coach-277345
  • Options
    TelMc32 said:
    Saw talk while I was away that Ronan O’Gara was being considered for the England job. Mind you, he’s on about his 6th suspension of the season at La Rochelle, this one for 10 weeks, so he could probably step in while not working at the club 😉

O'Gara can coach/manage Ireland, we'll have Farrell, on condition that picking his son is not mandatory .. Robertson, another antipodean is also being touted for Jones' job .. it's Borthwick or Farrell for me as coach with Rob Baxter as 'team manager/rugby director' .. unlikely to happen and we'll probably get lumbered with another antipodean chancer who can talk the talk but is not so good on the walking the walk
  • Options
    TelMc32 said:

O'Gara can coach/manage Ireland, we'll have Farrell, on condition that picking his son is not mandatory .. Robertson, another antipodean is also being touted for Jones' job .. it's Borthwick or Farrell for me as coach with Rob Baxter as 'team manager/rugby director' .. unlikely to happen and we'll probably get lumbered with another antipodean chancer who can talk the talk but is not so good on the walking the walk
    I don’t think Farrell will touch England until he knows his son is past being picked tbh 😳😂😂
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    TelMc32 said:

I'd be happy with Farrell
  • Options
    stonemuse said:
    TelMc32 said:

I'd be happy with Farrell
    I already am!! 🇮🇪 😉