Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Fireworks at the Valley

With all the fireworks currently going off tonight it got me thinking, is my mind playing tricks or did I once watch a firework display on the south terrace before a match at the Valley, probably in the early to mid 70's? If my memory is not playing tricks, can anybody tell me when was it and who did we play? Cheers

Comments

• edited November 2016
    On a Friday night against Plymouth.
    We won 3-1
  • On a Friday night against Plymouth.
    We won 3-1

Ah yes, as soon as I saw Plymouth I remembered. Cheers
  • It was regular thing at one time at the back of the open end after the match each bonfire weekend
  • I remember that. Was it just once
  • I remember that. Was it just once

I think it was just the once. I have no recollection of displays during that era other than that one for the Plymouth game.

Just looked, it was 1976 and my regular attendance at the Valley was sadly coming to an end, my old man moved the family oop north in Jan 77' and the first game I missed was the match against Cloughie's Forest. That was when reality sank in, I'll never forget how totally devastated and isolated I felt. No internet, no teletext, naff all on the radio, and no mobiles, I had to wait until a mate got back from the game so I could call him to find out the result. How I hated my dad back then ;)
  • I remember a rain soaked Saturday in 1978 me and family went to the Valley for a display. I think we had won either at Leicester or Cardiff earlier in the day.
  • Not sure it would be Guy Fawkes we would want to put on the bonfire now
  • I remember fireworks being done from a partly constructed Jimmy Seed Stand for a midweek game and everyone boooooing when they finished .
  • On a Friday night against Plymouth.
    We won 3-1

So pleased someone remembered when it was. I was certain I'd seen one but could not think when.