Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Addicks v's Iron FA Cup 1st round proper match thread 5/11/16

Afternoon folks and welcome to today's match thread. We entertain League 1 leaders Scunthorpe today in the FA Cup, who currently stand 14 points above us!! Is this where our season finally kicks off or will we see yet another abject display? Who knows what RS has planned, (in fact does he know himself!!!). Sources are indicating that Solly and Pearce are out injured so if true then changes will be forced on RS, but I have a sneaky suspicion that he will make a few more besides those potential two.
The other interesting fact to look at today will be the attendance, season ticket holders are not counted, I believe, so we may well see an 'honest' attendance figure for the first time this season!! Will we exceed 5,000? I think if we do it'll be only just.
I cant see past a draw here today with a replay going to penalties. I hope I'm wrong but I'm not convinced we are good enough to beat Scunny at the moment.
I'll bring you the teams as soon as I get them, in the meantime COYR's!!

Comments

• Team news is coming up at The Valley
  • C'mon you Addicks...
  • Quite a strong side. Would've liked to see Botaka start...
  • as reported Pearce and Solly out. Foley at RB? playing 4-4-2?
  • Surprised Chicksen, Botaka and Novak aren't getting run outs
  • What the hell does Botaka need to do to get a start? Typical Slade negative selection.
  • Dont think RS rates Botaka, I'd play him from the off!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Think that's Scunthorpe's first 11
  • I heard bookies are 1,000,000 to 1 that Teixeira comes on as sub.
  • I heard bookies are 1,000,000 to 1 that Teixeira comes on as sub.

On the bench ahead of Johnson though
  • edited November 2016
    That is basically Scunthorpes first team. will be a good opportunity to see how shit we are !
  • i can't understand why Botaka is not given a start. He is off on international duty so why not. Jackson should not be starting on the left side of midfield.
  • edited November 2016
    Two CBs and two wide men on the bench (if you count Lookman of late) and no natural midfielders from the youth...... hmmm. I suppose if any of JJ. Freddy or Crofts gets injured it'll be Foley into midfield and Konsa or Chicksen to RB.
  • What has Botaka got to do to get a decent run out?
  • edited November 2016

What has Botaka got to do to get a decent run out?

Kick the manager's door down, that will normally get a reaction. Gotta make sure you don't miss though :wink: .
  • Sponsored links:

• Totally underwhelmed with this match
    Can't wait for the Big one on Tuesday
  • FRom Twitter

North Upper closed today - the traditional home of our most passionate fans.
    Says it all about decline of #cafc

That's stretching it though isn't it? The North Lower is the proper Covered End and we close the North Upper for a lot of games, including before the Belgian regime
  • From Rich Cawley on Twitter-:
    Scunthorpe sold about 700 tickets for today, which will boost a very low gate at The Valley. Expectation is probably for around 4,500 here.
  • edited November 2016
    Could see us getting seriously humped today
  • anyone got any commentary from Player?
  • Terry and Greg started broadcasting about 4 mins ago but Ive got nothing
  • 2 strong teams .. hair split time .. the team sheet reads Saturday 4th November .. today is the 5th

I mean. It's not as if today is insignificant in terms of certain celebrations this evening :open_mouth: .
  • Is Kennedy still with us or is he out on loan?
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!