Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

25 Years Back at The Valley' committee announced

http://www.cafc.co.uk/news/article/201

Good to see it is independant of the club. Note KP's comment includes "Charlton has a proud history and is remembered for the supporter-led fight to return to The Valley after a seven-year exile between 1985 and 1992. This was arguably the most defining period in the 111-year history of the club that then led us to the memorable day on December 5th, 1992. "

Supporter -led. Let's just hope the regime let the celebrations stay that we so we can enjoy.

Comments

• Perhaps the SMT could, in keeping with everything elso 'outsource' this event to people who actually give a toss #ourclubnotdecloob
  • Come on CARD. Great opportunity for something really big.
  • Look forward to welcoming influential people from those 25 years such as Steve Brown, Chris Powell and Yann Kermorgant as well as those fans that headed the drive to get the club back to the valley.
    I won't hold my breath.
  • Let's see how independent this is. I have been following this club avidly for nearly 40 years and know all the names of the fans and officials who have done the most for the club during that time. Sir Stuart Etherington may well be a lifelong Charlton fan but I've never heard of him before. It may the 25th anniversary of the Back To The Valley campaign and of the CACT but celebrating them both together is a mistake in my opinion. There will be fierce opposition from most of those involved in BTTV at celebrating anything that Meire has her grubby its on. "I shouldn't say this, but I don't care about the history of de cloob."

Let's see how independent this is. I have been following this club avidly for nearly 40 years and know all the names of the fans and officials who have done the most for the club during that time. Sir Stuart Etherington may well be a lifelong Charlton fan but I've never heard of him before. It may the 25th anniversary of the Back To The Valley campaign and of the CACT but celebrating them both together is a mistake in my opinion. There will be fierce opposition from most of those involved in BTTV at celebrating anything that Meire has her grubby its on. "I shouldn't say this, but I don't care about the history of de cloob."

Gree with all of this. Not that I know everybody but never heard of him myself either and been going since 1966. I would have thought that if he had played any significant part in our past that we would be aware of him. Does anyone on here?
  • Never heard of him.
    Meire Will say going back to the valley was all down to him
  • Impressive fella who was born and brought up in Surrey. The only connection on Wiki seems to be that he was involved with Greenwich Uni.

"From 2008 to 2013, he was a Pro-Chancellor and the Chair of Court of the University of Greenwich.[8]"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stuart_Etherington
  • Jobs for the boys?
  • Sponsored links:

• Bet he's spent more time at Stamford Bridge than the Valley.
  • What a load of bullshit.Sir Stuart Etherington my arse.
  • Through his work with NCVO he has worked with all the London football trusts so might explain why Jason Morgan is involved, Jason might conceivably suggested him?
  • edited November 2016
    The chair should be someone emotionally involved with the events of 1992. Curbs or Gritty should also be involved.
  • Another example of the SMT "appearing" to let the fans be in charge of something
  • I knew a Stuart Etherington many years ago who was a Charlton fanatic. He was at a charity near Regents Park, must be the same bloke.
  • Ah, just looked, it is him. Nice bloke.
  • Sponsored links:

• masicat said:

Ah, just looked, it is him. Nice bloke.

If he's genuine I'll take my comments back
  • Sir Etherimgton is a well respected man and has been responsible for many high profile during his career.
  • Sir Etherimgton is a well respected man and has been responsible for many high profile during his career.

High profile whats?

Know nothing about him but isn't he rather old for Katrien's world?

Will follow with interest to see who else gets invited to join this committee.
  • I'm assuming @Airman Brown has been contacted having written extensively on the subject and was a big part of it.

That might be what's known as a heroic assumption

• Peter Varney set up the community trust (as opposed to the community scheme, which Jason Morgan kicked off for the PFA in 1992). I doubt if Daisy realises that, but look forward to seeing PV invited to join the "independent" committee.

Of course she doesn't realise that as in her world, she started it

Been reading Wikipedia or you know of him personally?
  • adsads
    edited November 2016

Sir Etherimgton is a well respected man and has been responsible for many high profile during his career.

High profile whats?

Know nothing about him but isn't he rather old for Katrien's world?

Yes, she only ever knocks around with young fckwits like Roland and Richard Murray

Many high profile what?

• Curb_It said:

Sir Etherimgton is a well respected man and has been responsible for many high profile during his career.

Many high profile what?

Scandals