Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

New 5 Year Kit Deal With Hummel (Away Kit Revealed, pg.19)

Comments

• Options
    dizzee said:

I didn't realise that when you buy shop clothes etc the money goes to the club. I was told the shop was run separately to the club. Whoops.

It is but a percentage still goes to the club.

They take a lump sum and a small percentage of shirt and other sales.

Don't know if Hummel will run the shop or bring it back in house.
  • Options

Love Hummel stuff

Me too. I think they did the spurs kits early 90s.
  • Options

Instead of supplying new kit ...... couldn't they just buy the club instead?

Then they could sell us supporters all the kit we want.

(Meanwhile, back in the real world ......)
  • Options

dizzee said:

I didn't realise that when you buy shop clothes etc the money goes to the club. I was told the shop was run separately to the club. Whoops.

It is but a percentage still goes to the club.

They take a lump sum and a small percentage of shirt and other sales.

Don't know if Hummel will run the shop or bring it back in house.
    check with the NHS first
  • Options

Surely the main reason we follow Charlton is to see success on the pitch. How many fans are truly concerned about the kit? This is so insignificant.

A decent kit is still a plus though, even if you don't buy it
  • Options

Love Hummel stuff

Spurs owned the franchise for Hummel in the UK.
  • Options

5th September 2015 - Tom Sinclair, Sport Market Manager for hummel in the UK said;

“hummel is looking forward to this new collaboration: It would be hard to find two brands better suited to partnership than Lewes FC and hummel. Both partners place great value in tradition, character and local ties, and we are proud to be working with The Rooks and Premier Sports and Leisure as the Rooks open a new chapter in the clubs ongoing development.”

26th October 2016 - Tom Sinclair, Sport Market Manager for hummel UK and Ireland, is looking forward to the collaboration:

“Through this exciting new partnership we hope to expand further our presence in the UK football market. It would be hard to find a better suited partnership than Charlton Athletic and hummel. Both brands have wonderful histories, place great value in tradition, character and local ties..."

obviously not that hard

Wonderful History, shit future

• Sponsored links:

• Options

cafc4life said:

some big clubs in there, Boldklubben Frem & Cultural y Deportiva Leonesa are absolute footballing powerhouses.What a deal!!!

Not very interesting fact, but contrived connection to our club....... Cultural y Deportiva Leonesa were bought by Aspire Academy (Qatar) a couple of years ago, and is where Jose Riga worked as Head of Football before joining Charlton.

This was their 90th anniversary kit......

They looked thrilled!
  • Options

cafc4life said:

some big clubs in there, Boldklubben Frem & Cultural y Deportiva Leonesa are absolute footballing powerhouses.What a deal!!!

Not very interesting fact, but contrived connection to our club....... Cultural y Deportiva Leonesa were bought by Aspire Academy (Qatar) a couple of years ago, and is where Jose Riga worked as Head of Football before joining Charlton.

Third from the Left and Third / Second from the Right look like they want to murder the smiling bloke in the middle
  • Options
    LoOkOuT said:

cafc4life said:

They looked thrilled!
    Not surprised, terrible kit.
  • Options
    LoOkOuT said:

cafc4life said:

They looked thrilled!
    Who are all the people in that photo anyway? None of them look like players!
  • Options

Surely the main reason we follow Charlton is to see success on the pitch. How many fans are truly concerned about the kit? This is so insignificant.

Exactly this!
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    Hummel(s) .. a versatile man .. central defender for Bayern Munich and Germany and knocks up a nice little bit of kit in his spare time .. with respect to @ricky_otto
  • Options

5th September 2015 - Tom Sinclair, Sport Market Manager for hummel in the UK said;

“hummel is looking forward to this new collaboration: It would be hard to find two brands better suited to partnership than Lewes FC and hummel. Both partners place great value in tradition, character and local ties, and we are proud to be working with The Rooks and Premier Sports and Leisure as the Rooks open a new chapter in the clubs ongoing development.”

26th October 2016 - Tom Sinclair, Sport Market Manager for hummel UK and Ireland, is looking forward to the collaboration:

“Through this exciting new partnership we hope to expand further our presence in the UK football market. It would be hard to find a better suited partnership than Charlton Athletic and hummel. Both brands have wonderful histories, place great value in tradition, character and local ties..."

obviously not that hard

Wonderful History, shit future

Good tie in with Hummel then! Their mid 80s kits were iconic but the current ones are crushingly dull.

Good to see Pitch are getting their teeth into the press releases though
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    LoOkOuT said:

This kind of fan involvement in design is an awful idea, in terms of pure design; it's patronising and a distraction.

Any proper designer should do their research, which, of course, should involve talking to the appropriate people and that should include supporters. Organise a full day at the museum talking with one or two of the volunteers, taking in the history, and looking for inspiration amongst the artifacts for design elements. Back to the Valley commemorative kit; talk to some of those in the Valley Party. Talk to club reps who have been involved in kit production before and get their opinion on what works and what doesn't. And so on. Combine that with your skills in selecting fabrics, cuts, colours and motifs to produce a pleasing kit that works.

But don't asks Bob from Eltham or Sue from Perkville to help because they won a raffle, otherwise you're just going to get some Frankensteinian monstrosity. British Airways wouldn't ask them to help fly a plane. Not everything should be driven by cheap brand exercises to superficially increase affinity. We're all better off when we leave that to the pilots who have trained extensively.

I tell you what we'll never have.
    A Staprix Commemorative kit.

No five year deals. Just leave.

Exactly this.

Does anyone think fans are actually going to have a say? Are they fuck.

It will go two ways.

A ) Groups of 'selected' fans will get to have a say. Fans selected will be those she has already met and deemed fit. The fans will say they want it to look like the BTTV kit and hey guess what, Hummel have already designed something like that! So the fans didn't actually design it because you'd have to be seriously dense to not know what we would like but it can still be touted around as if they did.

B ) Hummel put 3 kits up that look like the BTTV kits a bit and get us to vote. This won't be anything special as all of the designed kits be have been passed by Hummel anyway but it can still be touted as the fans choosing the kit.

If you think they're going to get fans down to sit around a table and draw what they like with Hummel designers there then you're going to be disappointed.
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    this could mean they are in it for the long haul, genuinely think if we are not backed financially, we could be playing football in the national league within 4/5 years, he has and will continue to underestimate the cost of football clubs in england belgian scrote,

dw lads back to back relegations but weve got a nice kit, go fck yourself roland.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    'Yes Jim, we have learned from our mistakes, we are now interacting with fans more and respecting our club hostory. In fact you may be surprised to hear that we will be allowing fans to interact with the design of our commemorative 25 years back in the Valley kit.

We have many more facile initiatives to roll out before key public statements as a form of distraction and thanks to our partners Pitch for that.'
  • Options
    That said I think it's quite a good idea.
  • Options

"hummel will work with supporters to design a special, bespoke kit for next season to mark 25 years back at The Valley" #cafc

Does anybody else find this quotes sticks in the craw, given Meire's stated disdain for the club's history and her contempt for the current age demographic of those that would have been most active in making that return to the Valley a reality at the time.
    It was our achievement not yours, piss off.
    Maybe there will be a bespoke CARD anniversary shirt?

This^

The 25 year shirt will look great with 'Betdaq' on the front. That's all the Belgians have really brought to the club, apart from the stink of failure
  • Options
    Not only that... this kind of arrangement also allows the club and kit maker to deflect a bad kit by pointing to any poor elements by saying: "Well, that's what such and such asked for." Then it's fans against fans.
  • Options
    edited October 2016

Actually pleased with this news, I reserve judgement on the kits until I've seen them though - Fans groups will be Target20k, Sue Perks & the East Kent Addicks

Target 20k remit is to get more bums on seats at the Valley, not to be the next Gok Wan!
  • Options

Love Hummel stuff

They also done kits for Aston Villa, Sunderland, Southampton and Coventry City
  • Options
    Have CARD posted the email address for Hummel yet?

Would love to drop an email expressing surprise and the fact that there is currently a boycott of replica goods at CAFC...
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    Error, sorry