Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Botaka

Comments

• Options
    Think I'd probably get Lookman up front. I certainly would prefer Botaka out wide ahead of AL - he's been well off the pace last couple of games.
  • Options

On today's performance botoka over lookman I'm afraid.
    And just to keep my old mate dick Lukes happy ,fox did ok

Not that you've taken a short term view or anything.

Jesus Christ
    Explain
  • Options

Jesus Christ
    Explain
    Given that he's signing off as Jesus Christ, I'd say the meds are wearing off....
  • Options
    He needs to start. Either in a 4-2-3-1 with Holmes, Lookman and Botaka as the three, or on the right if we're sticking with the 4-4-2 with Holmes on the left and Lookman upfront with Magennis.
  • Options
    Cafnick 92 what's yr problem?Fox had a god ganme today. Blackpool72 has never been biggest fan of Fox but give credits where it's due.He played well today
  • Options
    I also thought fox had a good game. Possibly allied to the fact he had Holmes in front of him rather than lookman.

I think lookman is best in the hole.
  • Options
    Redrobo said:

I have been saying for a while, Botaka and Homes on the wings, Lookman up front with Mag.

And I've thought the same for about the last 8 games.
  • Options
    Makes the stick this fella got on here after his first appearance pretty embarrassing.
  • Options

Morgan Fox, did well.
  • Options
    He's not as good as 'we' all think. Typical 'flair' winger. Will do the lob over the head trick like today, buy will also fuck up 10 times in comparison.
    If we are pinning our hopes to him, we're in a worse stayed than I thought
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Redrobo said:

I have been saying for a while, Botaka and Homes on the wings, Lookman up front with Mag.

Allows Holmes to go left which he prefers and botaka is better on the right than lookie.
  • Options

Cafnick 92 what's yr problem?Fox had a god ganme today. Blackpool72 has never been biggest fan of Fox but give credits where it's due.He played well today

What?! I have nothing against Fox
  • Options
    I thought Lookman looked very lightweight; he offered very little going forward and seemed prone to losing the ball. Defensively, he didn't look reliable.
    Botaka coming on was a breath of fresh air, as he looked so much more solid, like he wouldn't get bullied off the ball so easily. I don't think he's magnificent, but I think it was the right substitution for that game.

Haven't seen either of them play enough to say categorically where/if they should play.
  • Options
    Botaka played well against Chesterfield, so hopefully we will see more of him.
  • Options
    I'd play both Botaka and Lookman. Lookman should be playing down teh middle feeding of Magennis. A no brainer really!
  • Options
    Well it's taken 15 games for Botaka to be given 20 mins. So by that reckoning Slade may just give him a start, before the season long loan ends.
  • Options
    Maybe there an appearance clause which would cost a lost of money if we play him more than 20 minutes in a game?
  • Options
    edited October 2016

I'd play both Botaka and Lookman. Lookman should be playing down teh middle feeding of Magennis. A no brainer really!

For a normal manager, yes. For Slade, no.
  • Options
    Gillis said:

Lookman is still our most threatening player by far, but is young and shouldn't be overplayed. He's played a lot of games recently (including England youth internationals), and looks like he could do with a rest. I'd be interested to see what Botaka can do if given a start.

Agree with this. If i was Slade i'd be giving Lookman the cup games with Scunthorpe and Colchester off and telling him to go and have a week to 10 days holiday somewhere. And when he comes back i'd tell him he's not taking corners any more.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited October 2016

Gillis said:

Lookman is still our most threatening player by far, but is young and shouldn't be overplayed. He's played a lot of games recently (including England youth internationals), and looks like he could do with a rest. I'd be interested to see what Botaka can do if given a start.

Agree with this. If i was Slade i'd be giving Lookman the cup games with Scunthorpe and Colchester off and telling him to go and have a week to 10 days holiday somewhere. And when he comes back i'd tell him he's not taking corners any more.
    From what I've read on here didn't AL have his deckchair with him on Saturday? :open_mouth:
  • Options

Gillis said:

I'd go the opposite way and use the Scunthorpe game as a free hit. Get Lookman playing is as far as an advanced role as possible. Although he probably won't play as we wouldn't want him cup tied.

Slade should be using this game to get the shackles off and play as expansively as possible without worrying about the result. Crofts is the bloke who needs to go on holiday and be replaced with one of the younger midfielders - @Clem_Snide was right on Saturday - take a punt on a kid in midfield.
  • Options

Morgan Fox, did well.
    I'd rather have Samantha Fox.
  • Options
    edited October 2016

Gillis said:

I'd go the opposite way and use the Scunthorpe game as a free hit. Get Lookman playing is as far as an advanced role as possible. Although he probably won't play as we wouldn't want him cup tied.

Slade should be using this game to get the shackles off and play as expansively as possible without worrying about the result. Crofts is the bloke who needs to go on holiday and be replaced with one of the younger midfielders - @Clem_Snide was right on Saturday - take a punt on a kid in midfield.
    Not sure there is anybody who is ready to be honest. We need to hang on until January and get as many points as we can muster. The problem for me is that the club had a long time to sort out the midfield in the summer and didn't. Why should we expect them to in January, when it is generally harder?
  • Options
    edited October 2016

Gillis said:

Not sure there is anybody who is ready to be honest. We need to hang on until January and get as many points as we can muster. The problem for me is that the club had a long time to sort out the midfield in the summer and didn't. Why should we expect them to in January, when it is generally harder?
    If we're at least in with a shout of the play offs then surely it shouldn't be too hard to get a midfielder in on loan who's out of favour at a bottom 6 premier league side or top half championship side. It must be easier in Jan than August as in the summer players will always have hopes of forcing their way into the side. By Jan they'll know whether that is/isn't possible.
  • Options

Jesus Christ
    Couldnt help but read in this voice

• Options

Gillis said:

Hopefully it'll be slightly easier this January (especially if we wanted to get a few loans in).

The likes of Louis Thompson decided to remain at their parent clubs because they felt that the likes of Norwich would be forced to use him seeing that they couldnt just loan them out in September / October time.

As it is, Thompson has played twice in the League for Norwich this season so will surely want some game time
  • Options

Gillis said:

If we're at least in with a shout of the play offs then surely it shouldn't be too hard to get a midfielder in on loan who's out of favour at a bottom 6 premier league side or top half championship side. It must be easier in Jan than August as in the summer players will always have hopes of forcing their way into the side. By Jan they'll know whether that is/isn't possible.
    With this league, virtually every team has a chance of the playoffs...or relegation! We're 4 points off both, 2 of those 1-1 draws converted into wins and we'd be 5th

To me Lookman isn't comfortable playing wide in a 442. He naturally wants to cut inside, and doesn't give enough support to the full back.
  • Options
    Lookman is a Defoe type player. That is what the Premier clubs looking at him see. I don't know why Slade doesn't even want to try having a look at him playing in this position!
  • Options
    Says a lot about Slade that Botaka hasn't started a game yet. Always looks a threat when he comes on.