Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Gillingham v Charlton 2016 post match views

Comments

• Options
    Leuth said:

I mean his average mark. He's been one of our best players for three games in a row now, according to everyone.

Oh, I misread. "Have you bang wrong". Anyway.

Fair enough, I'm going to have to be one of the minority. He's clearly got class, and he's clearly good on the ball and finds beautiful beautiful passes like the one for Magennis' third. But, he offers nothing defensively (people seem to WANT to attribute all our defensive mishaps to Crofts in the CM area, like you), and pulls out of 50-50s.

And when Ulvestad has been one of our best players for three games in a row? We should be worried that someone so mediocre is seen as so good.
  • Options
    Also, next time someone uses racist language, try to get a snap of them so it can be posted to the internet and the perpetrator hopefully banned
  • Options
    Leuth said:

I mean his average mark. He's been one of our best players for three games in a row now, according to everyone.

Hardly an achievement is it?
  • Options
    Yeah, but this is the Buyens argument again. You'll miiiissss hiiimmmm
  • Options
    We were awful yesterday, 1st and last visit to priestfield, what a hole, had left on ft, was walking to station when about 10 gills lot come running over giving it large to anyone they could see, I popped in the co-op and after coming out was lots of chanting and a firework set off, then walked to station and personally had a row with a Charlton fan for punching a car window there was a baby in the back seat - prick, the police actually at the station it's self was way ott, cameras shoved in your face constantly, shouting at people that were doing as asked, headed to Rochester after the game which was very pleasant, fair play to the person that paid for the plane was a good thing to see.
  • Options

Roly is winning, we're having a much better time meeting up before the game getting to meet fellow Lifers making bonds that would never have existed without this despised, toxic regime.

By the way @ElfsborgAddick is a legend, he was buying drinks all round in the Dog and Bone, someone was even taking a video so @ricky_otto would stop libelling him. Good to meet the odd fellow Brexiteer, cheers @blackpool72 and even @Treacey1969 spoke to me :wink:

Raytreacy69th is a wrongun i shall bash him against chesterfield.
    Leave him to me
  • Options

Gills players who would fit in nicely dahn the Valley ..

Jackson the young Gills right back is a heck of a player .. like a quicker version of Solly from years back, very promising .. SIGN HIM UP Miere .. and midfielder Billy Knott and of course Brad Dack are VERY useful ..
    also their central defender Max Ehmer, another f b g .. but not quite as b as Bauer ((:>) .. thing is, we are overloaded with central defenders ... Ehmer looks better than most of them, though Konsa had the best game I have seen from him today .. VERY powerful and committed, very good positional sense

Bradley Dack? Another Charlton reject doing well!
  • Options
    waldo said:

Gills players who would fit in nicely dahn the Valley ..

Jackson the young Gills right back is a heck of a player .. like a quicker version of Solly from years back, very promising .. SIGN HIM UP Miere .. and midfielder Billy Knott and of course Brad Dack are VERY useful ..
    also their central defender Max Ehmer, another f b g .. but not quite as b as Bauer ((:>) .. thing is, we are overloaded with central defenders ... Ehmer looks better than most of them, though Konsa had the best game I have seen from him today .. VERY powerful and committed, very good positional sense

Bradley Dack? Another Charlton reject doing well!
    Was at Charlton from age 9 to 15 then released by email.
    Chances of coming zero.
    Can't blame him can we
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    North korean Sun report.

Charlton Athletic managed to stay unbeaten again, with their English Manager Russel Score draw Slade, creating a cunning plan to play defensive against a team that had conceded a goal in every match they had played this season. With only 3 defeats in 14 matches, the man who have never been relegated is on his way to the goal of mid table respectability.
    The head honcho has a Symbiotic relationship with the shouters who yell 4-4-2 at him.
    The bald one listens to the screams and implemented the change in formation.

This local derby between a London team and a kentish team is know as the Tinker derby, because both sides are watched by Peasants who sell heather and spend time looking into Crystal balls and saying" we are doomed".

Our great leader KIM JONG-UN is Preparing a bid for the "Addicts"
    because he saw supporters of this club fighting with undercover Agents
    to hold on to a Flag of the Peoples republic of korea.
    The Owner Roland Douchebag made 5 thousand dissidents disappear in the summer.
    It's good but it's not quite KIM JONG-UN.

• Options
    We have some complete idiots that support us away. Ignorant, rude and obnoxious. It puts me off going to these games nearly as much as Slade's negativity! The sooner something is done about both the better!
  • Options
    Well said the last two. Don't accept this crap.
    I'm certainly on your side.
    J BLOCK said:

"If you don't behave and act like I do you're not proper Charlton and I don't want you in our club" - laughable

Yeah. Hilarious

• Options
    Where have these dickheads come from? It's been years since I have heard about stuff like this . . . and from CAFC fans? Incredible. NEVER heard or seen this at home games, do these twats just surface away from home? Have they just jumped on the 'protest' bandwagon and turn up just for the aggro? Hope next time someone mouths off this shit a fit Charlton fan lumps them!!!! As if we don't have enough to put up with just now!
  • Options
    vff said:

http://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/10628808/gillingham-1-1-charlton

Sparse highlights. Holmes penalty was way too easy to save. Soft penalty decision for the equaliser, handball and the defender should not have his arms up but on first viewing not obviously deliberate. Ajose puts it away nicely.

If your arm is deemed to be in an unnatural position and the ball hits it, it's a foul.

His arm was up above his head, which is unnatural. It was a penalty all day long.
  • Options
    Sounds bad.

Nothing to do with the protests but may have been encouraged by them.

Stop it.
  • Options

Quoting from above:

'As for the fans - I was disappointed to hear, after Nicky Ajose played a through ball that went out for a goal kick: "Why did he play the ball through there?!" "Because he's a n****r mate.'

Now I'm generally pretty tolerant towards stupid comments having made a few myself over the years while a bit toasted.

If anyone goes with this in front of me they can expect an immediate punch to the head and beggar the consequences.

If this is a fact, then this twat needs to get moved away from our club by any means possible.
  • Options
    seth plum said:

I was taken aback by the police presence although the ones I spoke to were universally helpful.
    It may be the match was a live training exercise which would explain the overkill but the overall effect was unsettling to me.
    However some of the behaviour of our support, the sheep like and racist (yes downright racist, where everything done by our black players was castigated by non stop reference to their colour). I don't know whether the security presence was in some way provocative, it was totally targeted at Charlton fans, and if the police wanted a shameful and embarrassing reaction they certainly got it.
    Is it snobbish and disloyal to say that our fans ought to moderate (as in stop) the racist language, the constant swearing in front of everybody, the physical provocations, and the vandalism all of which I saw and heard?
    Yesterday was a shitty day in virtually every aspect of it.

No Seth. It's not the Charlton most of us grew up with. I don't care if these idiots wear a Charlton shirt or a protest one. We don't want a racist, violent group in our ranks. These idiots seem to be a growing minority, and KM and TK should maybe try whittling out thes geezers rather than targetting protestors.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited October 2016
    PaddyP17 said:

Post match views time! This is a full on blast of stream of consciousness.

It was a pile of steamy sweaty shit. First half, we had no urgency or passion, while Gillingham closed us down and moved the ball much, much quicker. Their goal was absolutely deserved. Dack wasn't picked up by Pearce/Fox; Holmes was ineffectual against Konchesky; Lookman was marked out of it. Crofts and Ulvestad may as well be sports bags; Magennis had no help; Jackson is past it; Konsa played well; Solly was... meh. Fox was poor and skinned three/four times... Rudd was blameless for most things, and had nothing to do. Made a good save.

This is for Russell Slade - I can tell you where we're going wrong, and even in some aspects how to change it.

- Fox is overexposed because Lookman cannot defend. We have no adequate LM player/cover, so Fox will continually come under pressure, and as he's not the best left back we've ever had, will make more mistakes because he has more opportunity to. SOLUTION: get a fucking left mid
    - Crofts and Ulvestad do not get "stuck in". Seriously - no closing down, and we invite pressure. End result - they have more space to attack; we have less space in defence. This gives the oppo control of all their attacking situations.
    - As a corollary, we allow ourselves to be closed down instantly when in possession. We have less space to attack; they have more space to defend. This gives the oppo control of all their defensive plays.
    - Space is our friend. We do not use it at all well. Tempo is also our friend, and ours is so fucking slow. Fox, Crofts, Ulvestad are the three main perpetrators. They also do not move into space. Criminal at any footballing level.
    - SOLUTION to the above: 1) sign an actually good centre mid; 2) tell your players to press high and close down; 3) get them fitter; 4) play at a higher tempo (2 and 4 are contingent on 3).

--------

As for the fans - I was disappointed to hear, after Nicky Ajose played a through ball that went out for a goal kick: "Why did he play the ball through there?!" "Because he's a n****r mate." Idiots. There was no atmosphere (not helped by the lack of roof); some idiot fans; and all of that. Anyway. Back to the football.

--------

- JJ off Ajose on was a good move. However I take Ajose with a pinch of salt - one good season does not a forward make, and we've signed him based on one good season. He played well, and put the penalty away very calmly. Same cannot be said for Holmes, who took a shit penalty and played shit.

- Gillingham knew to mark Holmes and Lookman and we had no ideas when that happened.

- Central midfield is appalling. There's no drive there. Both are... just kind of there. That's about it. Nothing doing.

- Fox desperately needs a midfielder who tracks back (even like Holmes) to help cover him. Lookman leaves him exposed.

- Lookman, while obviously a fantastic talent, was disappointing and in some aspects rather casual.

- Slade's body language; demeanour; and tactical nous are all very very worrying. Totally uninspiring.

- Solly had Nouble on him all game and dealt with him well considering he was never going to win any aerial battles.

- Konsa played very well; Pearce alongside him no doubt helps him play well. I think that's a good central defensive pairing, but Bauer/Tex would be a lot better.

--------

I mean, it's shit. There's nothing to celebrate; nothing to note; we are shit. Why do I keep going?

Very good analysis, except I feel Ulvestad has done well in the last 3 games.

The reason we don't close down the opposition is because our midfield are too old and aren't capable of it. That's why their is so little movement. They can't do it.

Every game this season we carry the same players Fox (he cost us a goal once again, massively outjumped by Dack who is 10 cm shorter. I appreciate Dack had more of a run, but even so, he didn't even put in a challenge).

Crofts & Jackson, both anonymous.

Every week it's almost like 8 v11.

Let's hope RD's gone before the end of the season.
  • Options
    addick05 said:

Where have these dickheads come from? It's been years since I have heard about stuff like this . . . and from CAFC fans? Incredible. NEVER heard or seen this at home games, do these twats just surface away from home? Have they just jumped on the 'protest' bandwagon and turn up just for the aggro? Hope next time someone mouths off this shit a fit Charlton fan lumps them!!!! As if we don't have enough to put up with just now!

Unfortunately, others have heard similar over past seasons.

A Lifer told me about racist filth being aimed at SCP when he was manager - this from West Stand patrons seated close to the Directors' Box & I believe it wasn't an isolated incident....

Some things never change, I'm afraid.
  • Options
    The dickheads have nothing to do with CARD and the protests.

To an extent, they have nothing to do with Roland either, as we had similar when we were down in L1 previously. Indeed, didn't the police do some undercover work and arrest some people after a match at Walsall under Parky?
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    I also unfortunately overheard a racist remark during the second half but wasn't able to figure out who it was.

And to answer a question from above about who these types of fans are - they usually only go to any of the derbies, local-ish games as one offs and probably go a bit mad on the booze as its a rare away day.

Certainly don't see them at games against the likes of Walsall, Bury away etc.

What irks me as well is how they can't seem to say/shout anything other than things like "f**k off (insert name), you c**t" every two minutes, just because said player has misplaced a pass.

Braindeads.....yesterday really was a weird day.
  • Options
    Kick it out.

No place for this anywhere.

• Options
    edited October 2016
    There was loads of 'Black C**t' this, 'Black c**t' that on Saturday.

Walking to the station it was the first time I've really heard VFR used as an 'aggressive' chant while these coked-up tools were bending wipers, punching car windows and threatening occupants (a female I saw was terrified), and looking for a ruck with anyone, including other Charlton fans.

Sadly that's one thing that can't be blamed on the current owners as it started quite a few years before.
  • Options
    Hmm, there is no place for this.

Nothing too wrong with a toot on a day out, in moderation.

The racists and the out of their own heads need to take themselves a look in the mirror before it gets out of control. We don't want to have to force that on.
  • Options
    I've heard the Kevin Lisbie song sung at Leyton orient on New Year's Day, that was a few years back, as I've said before the behaviour on Saturday was dickheadish and I interveined when a charlton fan went too far, but on the whole we ain't a bad club, I prefer the further away days as Less twats go.
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    None of the abusive lowlife twats on Charlton Life then? Overpaid players and little PRIMMA Donnas have a bad day, and the manager is a 'fat c' 'bald c' 'fuck off Slade you f c' etc etc etc. I don't remember them being on CL in the past, but they are on here now.