Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Gillingham v Charlton 2016 post match views

Comments

• Options
    Utter crap first half. Strolling around the pitch, making Emanuel Thomas and frank nouble look good. Second half much better with two strikers - who'd have thought it. Nelson played very well in goal for them, I thought their keeper going off would help us, but evidently not. Ajose looked lively when he came on.

Our two penalties were good calls by the ref, Solly pretty much throttled for the first and blatant handball for the second. Gills fans seemed pretty upset with the ref but hard to see from the away end if they were justifiably annoyed.

Quite a negative atmosphere, not surprising but sad to see fans insulting each other. Bring on the post-RD era so we can get back to some positivity.

Plane was a highlight.
  • Options
    Why was our fans fighting each other.?
  • Options
    They had a cast iron pen appeal turned down 2nd half, we were very very lucky today.

Completely not connected as a team whatsoever.

Just 1 example: 1st half Fox defending ball with player back to goal in final third, wingback ran straight past him and took the ball . Lookman just standing there... Got pelters from Fox and Pearce, Lookie shrugged turned round and trotted off.

Great drink before game, should have got back on the train and come back home at 3.

Got wet, watched some turgid football, they ran out of beer 10 mins before half time ( I assume that someone told Gillingham that 2500 customers were coming?), directed for a 20 minute walk back to station when it takes 5 mins normally.

we used to say" it's the hope that kills you", don't even hope much now....
  • Options
    Who missed the first penalty?
  • Options

Holmes according to BBC.
  • Options

Holmes
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    HandG said:

Horrible performance, horrible day.

I then had the pleasure of walking back to the station with the Charlton youth punching cars and abusing the police and station staff which perfectly topped off the afternoon. I'm definitely getting old.....

And as it was my car getting punched and jumped on I was not best pleased.
  • Options
    Didn't go but this sounds awful. Is this how it's going to be with every away performance vis-à-vis the fans behaviour? My God, what have these Belgians done to our club? Protests apart, really don't see the point in going anymore until this cancer has been removed from CAFC.
  • Options
    Apart from the plane, which was fun, the highlight for me was the burger... really good for a football game kiosk.

First half genuinely worst I've ever seen Charlton play. Speechless.

Completely depressing really so can't be arsed to say anymore apart from as Joe said the ref was man of the match.
  • Options
    He shouldn't have to wait for the bloody fans to tell him what to do. What's his middle name - 'Negative'?
  • Options
    Poor from start to finish. Every time I see us play I fail to see any sort of game plan. Very lucky to get a point. Time for Slade to go!
  • Options

Got a feeling that the lad who was attacked by stewards last week was a first guy today to be dealt with by stewards on the pitch.
    Another lad was apprehended by stewards after the game and I went to ask them why he was apprehended only to be dealt with and advised in a respectful/ professional manner.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    addick05 said:

Didn't go but this sounds awful. Is this how it's going to be with every away performance vis-à-vis the fans behaviour? My God, what have these Belgians done to our club? Protests apart, really don't see the point in going anymore until this cancer has been removed from CAFC.

Home support supine and in freefall while away we seem to be turning into Millwall. What have we become.
  • Options
    Paddy7 said:

First half: timid, let up for it Gills make all the running and looked as though we needed a bloody visa to visit their box. Magennis fought manfully with sod all support.

Second half: surprise surprise Gills weren't actually very good (as their position below us suggests). Amazingly playing two up front gave us a bit of impetus and a contest broke out. Both pens were pens. Nice to see the tosser who saved the first one so upset when his antics failed to stop the second.

Verdict: Russel, if we stop constantly worrying about what our opponents might do to us, we might just find them out in their own half.

The gap between Magennis and the rest of the team is definitely a problem. Alongside the negativity of Slade, the poor midfield and Slade's inability to address the difficulty in any coherent way.
  • Options
    What's Slade said?
  • Options
    According to the official site the last question to Slade by the interviewer for us said Crofts played really well and put in a big performance. Are we talking about the same Crofts here? Seems from other posts he was his same usual crappy sideways self.
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    What are the chances of Slade playing 4-4-2 from kick off with Ajose and Mag up top? NA was crying out for a creative centre mid and now he's got one in Fred. Play with lookman and Holmes on the wings. Bring JJ on with 15 to go for Crofts. Simple.
  • Options
    Also I think we should put it to Slade in facts. 3 wins in 14, 1 win in 12. He mentioned 5pts from 9, as if it's some sort of upward curve. The curve has been very, very level for a long time now