Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Slade Must Go!

Comments

• Options
    His post-match snide comments suggest he's cracking. Saturday seems to have got to him and it's just got worse tonight. Russell, if you can't stand the heat the get out. It's not going to get easier under this regime.
  • Options
    To quote Barry the Baptist "He's a f***ing liability".
    But alternatives there are not - and it's not actually Slade that needs replacing.
  • Options
    Pains me to agree with big Ben but he's right ya know
  • Options
    His post match comments tonight on top of his lack of understanding as to the main reasons behind the protests on Saturday confirms for me that like the owners he is at the wrong club. Don't get to comfy in that manager's chair Brussel.
  • Options
    Nathan Jones
  • Options

Nathan Jones

He's been gone too long.

• Options
    Yes, but the tablecloths at Sparrows Lane are first rate...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I've seen a lot of Charlton managers and they all seem to make the most ridiculous decisions at times:
    Andy Nelson refused to start Colin Powell at one stage.
    Curbs for some time preferred Carl Tyler over Stevie Brown
    CP refused to use his subs even though it was obvious to everyone that the opposition were getting on top and would inevitably score, and they normally did.
    Riga refused to play Harriot until it was too late.
    They all do crazy things in the eyes of fans. The difference with Slade is that Charlton fans were at the end of their tether before he even arrived and he is doing little to win them over. I cannot understand why he would open himself to such criticism by substituting our 3 best players, madness!
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    I think if this was an isolated occurence you could make excuses for him. Holmes close to a sending off, Magennis with a head injury. The problem is, we see this negative approach too often so you can't give the plonker the benefit of the doubt can you? He still had the option of bringing on Ajose for Holmes. Sometimes putting an extra defender on and mixing things up unsettles the defence who have got into a rhythm. Surely Slade knows this.
  • Options
    Sorry to Red chaser but even Chris Powell was guilty of retreating at 1-0 and conceding late goals. Twice he did it against the giant Zigic, at home and away against Birmingham( conceding in the last minutes) the important thing was not to invite tall strikers to get into your box and the defenders keep a high line.
    I feel like i have just slagged off the late Queen mother !

Remember what Slade did in the last 20 minutes against Wimbledon when they put the two big lads on, and in most of the other 12 matches we have played in the League.

I have always concurred with Roy Walker.

"Say what you See"

Without fear or Favour.
  • Options
    Powell had different qualities, but this criticism is valid. Slade is worse though!
  • Options
    edited October 2016

Powell had different qualities, but this criticism is valid. Slade is worse though!

When we were in League 1 before the "fallen giants" of Leeds, Southampton, Norwich and the two Sheffields' were there for some of our 3 seasons in the third tier.
    Now we have the Power houses of Bury, Fleetwood and Wimbledon.

If we kept being pro active and played an attacking game for 90 odd minutes(Think Eddie howe's teams) then the 1-1's may become a win and a lost.
    Say 3-1 and 1-3 (other results are available) total 3 points
    sitting back when ahead with scores of 1-1 and 1-1 = 2 points

I rest my case.

• Options
    edited October 2016

Sorry to Red chaser but even Chris Powell was guilty of retreating at 1-0 and conceding late goals. Twice he did it against the giant Zigic, at home and away against Birmingham( conceding in the last minutes) the important thing was not to invite tall strikers to get into your box and the defenders keep a high line.

Remember what Slade did in the last 20 minutes against Wimbledon when they put the two big lads on, and in most of the other 12 matches we have played in the League.

"Say what you See"

Without fear or Favour.

Why are you sorry mate? As for comparing him to Chris Powell that's a different debate altogether.

Slade made a double sub very late on not like for like and both at the same time! What was wrong with one sub a minute or so after the other so as to take momentum out of Vales late flurry? These changes must have unsettled the players and it was poorly managed and so unnecessary IMHO.

Yes we should have been out of sight but Slade should not have screwed up either!
  • Options
    I have not heard his comments after Saturdays game but did he really say that the protests were about team performance?
  • Options
    If last years relegation was avoidable this year's would be catastrophic.

It's virtually impossible to be close to relegation with the squad we have.

It is purely Slade's lack of tactics and team/subs selection why we're not at least 10 points better off.

He's a negative manager who plays in a very old fashioned way. We need a young manager without fear who can bring the best out of our players. I know some aren't brilliant but they're mostly good enough for league 1.

Not only is he not very good but his attitude is awful. What has he achieved in the game? Nothing.
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    RedChaser said:

"Say what you See"

Without fear or Favour.

Why are you sorry mate? As for comparing him to Chris Powell that's a different debate altogether.

The fact that Chris did the same thing as Slade on occasions is the relevant point. ( 1 goal up and being on top, then takes off attacker and puts on defender and we still concede because we sit too deep)

Chris Powell was a good man manager which have been covered on 1000's of CL threads.

I know you are a tad sensitive to any criticism of CP so i got my apologize in early.

• Options

"Say what you See"

Without fear or Favour.

Powell's "mistakes" that you've mentioned came when we were a new team just promoted in the Championship.

Slade is making these mistakes against teams like AFC Wimbledon at home.....
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    cafctom said:

"Say what you See"

Without fear or Favour.

Powell's "mistakes" that you've mentioned came when we were a new team just promoted in the Championship.

Slade is making these mistakes against teams like AFC Wimbledon at home.....
    If you see what i followed up with at 10.53, i made that point.
  • Options

RedChaser said:

"Say what you See"

Without fear or Favour.

The fact that Chris did the same thing as Slade on occasions is the relevant point. ( 1 goal up and being on top, then takes off attacker and puts on defender and we still concede because we sit too deep)

Chris Powell was a good man manager which have been covered on 1000's of CL threads.

I know you are a tad sensitive to any criticism of CP so i got my apologize in early.

Who me? Sensitive? How very dare you :wink: .
  • Options
    Can't see the point of sacking Slade.

Very disappointing in his defensive setups and defensive subs and lack of ability to make a good substitution.

However, I still think we should give him a whole season.

He needs to pack in with the complaints though and grow a pair.

• Options
    Anyone who says Slade shouldn't go is actually arguing with the man himself, he made a big ("I'm here") statement in the summer about top 6 the minimum and we are a long way short of that.

He's already made comments about promotion next year and one of his comments last night was port vale are 5 wins and 1 draw at home, they are 6th in the league so therefore by his own definition they are a side we should be beating - not taking off our three attacking options against.

His only saving grace is that it's not the end of the season and his top 6 failure isn't confirmed.

The sad state of our club is merely that he's not the main problem!
  • Options
    If you hire a manager with 22 years experience, who has never been Promoted or relegated, that indicates that you are looking for a Manager to
    keep the status quo. ( mid table League 1, that will do nicely)
  • Options
    edited October 2016

If you hire a manager with 22 years experience, who has never been Promoted or relegated, that indicates that you are looking for a Manager to
    keep the status quo. ( mid table League 1, that will do nicely)

And he's making a damned good fist of it thus far, poor old Chris Powell had an excuse, he was still wet behind the ears relatively speaking :wink: .
  • Options
    Slade is the sort who won't try to be positive because it might make it look like he is listening to us.
  • Options

No credible manager will work for these twats

I think you'll find there will be quite a few unemployed managers that will.
  • Options
    And JJ is surely worth a try!
  • Options
    edited October 2016

And JJ is surely worth a try!

They'd love that. Nice cheap option, fans love him so less grief for them.

No thank you. Any manager is doomed under these idiots, I'd rather not see Jacko become the next scapegoat.