Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

11+

To all those kids and parents getting their results today , good luck to all !

Comments

• Options
    Literally more nervous than she is :scream: thanks
  • Options
    My daughter's school in Higham had a mix of children doing the Medway 11+ and the Kent 11+. The Medway kids got their results through two weeks ago despite sitting the Medway test after the Kent test. Her best friend passed and a couple of her other friends did too but they'll all be going to different schools next year. I so hope she passes but it wont be the end of the world if she doesn't.

Are the Bexley results due today as well?
  • Options
    Yeh the Bexley results through the post this morning . fck knows why they dont do it online
  • Options
    I have to wait til after 4pm for an email
  • Options

I have to wait til after 4pm for an email

Fingers crossed.
  • Options
    Remember the feeling well - fingers crossed
  • Options
    4:07 and I still havent had a phone call from either my daughter or her Mum. Aaaaargh cant take much more of this!!!!
  • Options
    JohnBoyUK said:

4:07 and I still havent had a phone call from either my daughter or her Mum. Aaaaargh cant take much more of this!!!!

Can you not go online yourself and check it?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

JohnBoyUK said:

Can you not go online yourself and check it?
    No, he failed his IT 11+
  • Options
    She never passed she was convinced she had, poor little mite. Never mind though the school she liked the most wasn't a grammar.

Hope your news is better johnboy
  • Options

She never passed she was convinced she had, poor little mite. Never mind though the school she liked the most wasn't a grammar.

Hope your news is better johnboy

I am sorry if any of you feel any disappointment.
    I feel sure that you'll take a continual interest in her school work and that kind of support can lead to high achievement in the future.
    A snapshot does not define a life.
  • Options
    Makes me fucking furious. 11 and given to understand you're not good enough based on a test created by people who wouldn't know genuine intelligence and creativity if it smacked them in the face.
  • Options
    Can someone please explain to me in simple terms what this post has in relation to cafc please?
  • Options
    waldo said:

Can someone please explain to me in simple terms what this post has in relation to cafc please?

The title accurately reflects how many goals we have conceded already this year against sides one year ago we should have been walking over.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Makes me fucking furious. 11 and given to understand you're not good enough based on a test created by people who wouldn't know genuine intelligence and creativity if it smacked them in the face.

Especially when it is multiple choice, therefore if you had a minute to go with a third of the questions remaining, it could all be down to chance.
    Some children get tutored months in advance just for this test.
    It is a fucking sham as far as I am concerned.
  • Options

JohnBoyUK said:

I got the call to say she passed. I'm pleased for her but I stand by what I said to her before she took the test.

The 11+ isn't the be all and end all. Children develop at different times and should be allowed to develop at their own speed.

The one thing they need to acknowledge early on is they need a work ethic. As long as they are prepared to work hard, they'll be rewarded for their efforts.

I passed my 11+ 30 odd years ago now and went to a Grammar. I came out with decent GCSEs but awful A-Levels and a next to useless 2:2 in my degree because I was bone idle lazy from the moment I discovered a social life. As long as she buckles down and dont make the same mistakes I'm sure she'll do well. There's no pressure on her, she needs to find her own way and if she makes the same mistakes then so be it.

Had my daughter not passed, I really wouldn't have been concerned. We visited two of her local schools which she would have gone to and I came away hugely impressed by the schools, by the teachers and the general love of the school shown by the pupils that helped to show us round.

Sorry to hear your news Sadie but your daughter really shouldnt be too disheartened. If she has your attitude to life, she'll go far too :)

(sorry for the essay, probably would have got me a c- back at school!)

I wasn't expecting her to pass, she was top of her class and heads and shoulders above everyone else 18 months ago, but not anymore she has had an abysmal last 18 months. her little brother doesnt sleep and. keeps her up every night, her older sister has been in and out of hospital, police cells, foster care and so on, she watched her sister attack her father with a carving knife and has lost her grandmother to cancer. I'm surprised she done as well as she did. However I am very proud of her she is the most kind and helpful young lady I could possibly ask for and she has been my rock through some of the worst times of my life. She is also a Charlton fan poor thing.

@JohnBoyUK well done to your daughter, I wish her all the best in her future.
    @sadiejane1981 thats exactly what I was getting at. I've read your posts on here at various times and have been in total awe of your and your family's ability to cope. Not many families would stand up to a testing time like your lot has. Your daughter sounds like she's an absolute credit to you.
  • Options
    When I took it many moons ago I wasn't even aware I was taking what amounts to an entrance exam. Just some more tests at school that I'd been taking regularly from the age of seven.

Half the problems with the current 11+ set up is that pressure is put on the children by their parents about it being the be all and end all. This is exemplified by the number of parents who pay for extra private tuition.

• Options
    JohnBoyUK said:

I passed my 11+ 30 odd years ago now and went to a Grammar. I came out with decent GCSEs but awful A-Levels and a next to useless 2:2 in my degree because I was bone idle lazy from the moment I discovered a social life. As long as she buckles down and dont make the same mistakes I'm sure she'll do well. There's no pressure on her, she needs to find her own way and if she makes the same mistakes then so be it.

Sounds like me except for alright A levels and a 3rd in my degree. My sister and brother both failed (at 10!) and left school as soon as they could. My sister has since gone on through a lot of hard work to get a Doctorate in Psychology.

Glad my kids haven't had to go through this and good luck to everyone's who has. Pressure on kids these days is crazy.

• Options
    rananegra said:

JohnBoyUK said:

Pressure on kids these days is crazy.
    The pressure is only generated by the parents though.

• Options
    waldo said:

It does nt . That simple enough for ya ?
  • Options
    Addickted said:

rananegra said:

JohnBoyUK said:

Pressure on kids these days is crazy.
    The pressure is only generated by the parents though.

I'll have to disagree.
    Kids are under a lot of pressure at school, not only is the work harder but playground politics can make life very uncomfortable if you're not perfect.
    Kids can be extremely cruel to each other.
  • Options
    waldo said:

why read it if you have no interest in it?