Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Rod Temperton RIP

Few people may know this British songwriter. Certainly Heatwave weren't the biggest pop art of the 80s. But he wrote some of the best songs recorded by the man who claimed to be the King of Pop, including Thriller, Off The Wall and Rock With You.

Rest in peace, Rod.

Comments

• Options
    RIP
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    Love Off The Wall.
  • Options
    A friend of mine's band (Blast Furnace and the Heatwaves) were taken to court by Heatwave for using their name; this resulted in them changing it briefly to Blast Furnace and the Legal Matter...
  • Options
    RIP
  • Options
    Pedro45 said:

A friend of mine's band (Blast Furnace and the Heatwaves) were taken to court by Heatwave for using their name; this resulted in them changing it briefly to Blast Furnace and the Legal Matter...

I remember them - wasn't Charles Shaar Murray of NME fame/infamy involved?
  • Options

Pedro45 said:

Yes, Charlie was Blast Furnace! I roadied for them a couple of times, once supporting Eddie & the Hot Rods at The Marquee, and later supporting the Boomtown Rats at The Lyceum.
  • Options
    Wrote some great tunes in the80's RIP.
  • Options
    Sounds of the 80's RIP
  • Options
    There are very few people or bands I was a fan of . However, Heatwave was one, followed them all over London when the did the small venues. Saw them at Yorshire Grey, Saxon Tavern etc

Met Rod one night had 5 minutes in his company. A man with real talent, and a loss to the world of music.

Always and Forever . RIP Rod.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Terrific talent .. R I P ..... A Lincolnshire (Cleethorpes) man .. I believe that he went to the same school in Market Rasen as another great songwriter/lyricist, Bernie Taupin of Elton John fame
  • Options
    Loved Heatwave and everything that followed. Music that will live forever. RIP
  • Options
    Always & Forever was/is a great song.
  • Options
    RIP
  • Options
    a true loss to music
  • Options
    Pedro45 said:

Pedro45 said:

Yes, Charlie was Blast Furnace! I roadied for them a couple of times, once supporting Eddie & the Hot Rods at The Marquee, and later supporting the Boomtown Rats at The Lyceum.
    Eddie and the Hot Rods at the Marquee - I was there (dunno if they played there more than once) - it is the hottest gig I have ever been to. The crowd were calling for an encore and an announcement came over the PA that 2 members of the band had collapsed so there would be no more songs!