Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

"Today was nothing to do with the owners..."

"too slow in midfield".

So said the Gooner, who was there because "Charlton are my second team" when I met him in the curry house tonight.

I agree with the second half of the statement. But I also see cause and effect with the first half. Maybe that's because I've been around for more than a couple of years.

Welcome to the wonderful new world of Kat's football for a fiver.

Comments

• Let me consult the Oracle:

A team without a competitive and effective midfield invariably struggles.

A team will do well when there's a positive buzz around the club.

• EVERYTHING is to do with the owners.

Fact.

Aboslutely. Like in any business. Especially a people business.

As the Czechs say, "the fish rots from the head"

Fact.

For removal of any doubt in my slightly sarcastic opening post, thank you. I agree wholeheartedly. In fact, I said that to him, which pretty much ended the conversation...
  • edited October 2016
    The speed of the train is the speed of the engine..............as they say.
  • Cool, cliche time.

A team is only as good as it's weakest link.

Fact.

Unless it's anything remotely positive then someone else is behind it.

Fact.
  • DRAddick said:

EVERYTHING is to do with the owners.

Fact.

Fact.
    Can you give us an example of something remotely positive, and who the someone else was.?

If you are tempted to say, "signing players like Josh Maginnis" well that is no more than you would expect a normally run club to do.

You have a germ of a point that once the negative perceptions to continued mis-management set in, it is very hard to shift perceptions back to something positive. Look at Sports Direct. But in both cases these perceptions were created by the business owner, not by the customers.
  • Sponsored links:

• DRAddick said:

EVERYTHING is to do with the owners.

Fact.

Fact.
    You can put a gold roof on your house, if there are no foundations it will still fall down.
  • edited October 2016
    Supporting Charlton is a bit like being stuck in that Nightmeire movie Groundhog Day. The Duo of 2Shits & Liar have kept making the same mistakes over and over again and I think they will carry on forever. They say they have learned by their mistakes but they haven't Liar is just paying Lip ServIce to us Customers. Why a couple of days before the season started do they let go a player like Callum Harriott who was supposedly a revelation in League One while on loan at Colchester last year. Why? To save a few quid? They will never learn. Inevitably Charlton with this Regime who have Absolutely No knowledge of Football in charge, will be relegated again & possibly even again after that. How they have been allowed control over a "Professional" Football Club beggars belief. The FA are also guilty of not giving a toss about the Clubs they are supposed to help Protect. Fuck em All.