Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton v Crawley - You're surely not going, are you?

Tuesday sees our next home game in the Checkatrade cup.

Apart from Seb, how can anyone seriously want to go to watch this shower of rubbish (keep it clean), managed by a fat, useless buffoon, play a nonsensical cup match in a near empty stadium?

If you are going to go, confess here and tell me why you are doing so. Seriously, I would love to know.

Comments

• Will this game attract Charlton's lowest-ever professional, first team attendance?
  • MrLargo said:

I'm undecided. It could be the only opportunity I ever get to knock one out in a football stadium without anyone being there to complain.

You doing the crossbar challenge?
  • How many will Crawley bring?
  • I don't usually miss home games unless i'm abroad, but I just can't face this, so short of winning the lottery before hand and going down there just to throw £25m at Rolys puppet I won't be going.

Could we be outnumbered by the away supporters?
  • Yep, first game of this season.

How's it been going then?
  • I'm not going. And I'm Damo. Not Shirley.
  • Chizz said:

Will this game attract Charlton's lowest-ever professional, first team attendance?

People asking this question will probably ensure that it isn't, as there are always those that want to be able to say "I was there......" when there only 2 men and a dog in the ground.
  • Ooh, I'd have broken my boycott for this.

But I'll be in Ireland.
  • Sponsored links:

• Surely the chance to see *Premier League stars of the future is a major draw....

*Ryman
  • Chizz said:

Will this game attract Charlton's lowest-ever professional, first team attendance?

People asking this question will probably ensure that it isn't, as there are always those that want to be able to say "I was there......" when there only 2 men and a dog in the ground.
    It'll be much worse than the famous 7-6 Huddersfield game ...... 25, 000 said they were there, even if only a handful actually turned up.

• iainment said:

Ooh, I'd have broken my boycott for this.

But I'll be in Ireland.

Why do you have to bring Ireland into it?
  • 757 inc 53 Crawley.
  • yep going
  • Chizz said:

I am certain that it will not be lower than the 817, the Belgians will massage the gate to advertise more, BUT I am certain the bums on seats will be less than the 817.
  • As I said about the Southampton game it should only be attended by Seb and any Crawley equivalents of Seb.

Pointless competition from our point of view, now with an unnecessary group stage. Even more ridiculous with u23 teams especially when that includes u23s from clubs such as Brighton, Wolves and Blackburn.
  • yep going

Why? Totally serious question.

Are you on a run of home games? Meeting up with a friend/relative you don't see often? Having a pint with mates beforehand? Or just like the fish and chips from the chippie in Charlton Church Lane?

It can't be the football. Or is it?
  • Not a bloody chance
  • Sponsored links:

• iainment said:

Ooh, I'd have broken my boycott for this.

But I'll be in Ireland.

Why do you have to bring Ireland into it?
    Because that's where I'll be. Smiley stuff and all that.
  • Am I going???
  • At this rate in five years time this will be seen as a big fixture by us ...
  • Seriously swerving this one.
  • Technically Crawley are my local League team. For most my life we've been four to seven divisions apart so right now it's tempting, and quite justifiable to sit in their end.
  • edited October 2016

Seriously swerving this one.

Oh, Fanny ..... I was really looking forward to your match report.

:-(

• Didn't even realise we had a game, giving this a miss that's for sure
  • edited October 2016
    Watched Crawley for years in the non league with friends who are still fans of theres! I look for their results but don't go anymore since they entered the league so the away game at the Broadfield stadium not the checkatrade stadium in the away end is more temping! !
  • I'd rather take a sanding disc to my nut sack and polish them to a shine that Slades slaphead can only dream about