Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Torture for a fiver - how many there? game

2»

Comments

• Options

BTW. Is that the housing rising on the land we rather stupidly sold off a couple of years ago behind the East?

It is nice to know that the fuckwittery is not exclusive to this bunch, it's just that they have taken it up a couple of notches...

Fuckwittery great word.
  • Options
    I'd imagine there were circa 13,000 there in real life - which is around 50% of the capacity which is absolutely abysmal on a football for a fiver match day.
  • Options
    Having seen pictures of the West and East stands, allied to Rochdale bringing so few, and I simply cannot see how the ground was, by official reckoning, more than half full. It just doesn't add up.
  • Options

BTW. Is that the housing rising on the land we rather stupidly sold off a couple of years ago behind the East?

It is nice to know that the fuckwittery is not exclusive to this bunch, it's just that they have taken it up a couple of notches...

When did we sell the land? Madness...
  • Options
    ColinTat said:

When did we sell the land? Madness...
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    mogodon said:

Having seen pictures of the West and East stands, allied to Rochdale bringing so few, and I simply cannot see how the ground was, by official reckoning, more than half full. It just doesn't add up.

If you take out what we know about the Jimmy Seed - capacity and Rochdale turnout - the official attendance would require the home stands to be 60 per cent occupied. In practice you never get much more than 85 per cent of season tickets used and 75-80 per cent is quite likely. Plus with £5 tickets they get bought and not used, and there are always unused comps. So I'd say the home support was probably under 12,000, which is about 50 per cent occupancy in home stands.
  • Options
    mogodon said:

There was about 5000 in the West, 3000 in he East & I'd guess about 5,000 in the North, plus a few hundred from Rochdale.
  • Options
    From the pics I've said there is 2k max in the East.
  • Options

mogodon said:

There was about 5000 in the West, 3000 in he East & I'd guess about 5,000 in the North, plus a few hundred from Rochdale.

3000 in the East would be 50% occupancy. I may be wrong but it doesn't look that that from this photo.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The view from the directors box shows the East Stand to be almost full. 8)
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    I agree the east was well under 50 per cent (5,800-ish out of 23,700), but it is the smallest home stand. 2,000 east, 4,500 west, 5,500 north would be enough.
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    I have to say there were loads more seated at 3.20 then there were at 3.05, because I remarked at the time, how much the attendance swelled after KO. I wonder when the photo was taken ? Not that it's of much consequence.
  • Options
    I have a photo of the west taken from the east but I don't know how to add it, I seem to need a url so presumably I have to host it on the internet somewhere first?
  • Options
    Click on attach a file underneath the text box, then choose file and select it from your photo library
  • Options

I have to say there were loads more seated at 3.20 then there were at 3.05, because I remarked at the time, how much the attendance swelled after KO. I wonder when the photo was taken ? Not that it's of much consequence.

Several trains were cancelled including the one that arrives from London/Greenwich just before 2.30 and the following one was delayed, which would explain why quite a few were late to their seats.

Oh, and the fact it was almost a locked on Rochdale win. :-(

I was in lower north and the concourse was full at half time but empty beforehand.
  • Options

A lot of people seemed to be clueless as to where they were supposed to be sitting. That might explain it??
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    mogodon said:

mogodon said:

3000 in the East would be 50% occupancy. I may be wrong but it doesn't look that that from this photo.
    1,500 I reckon.

They'll be announcing crowd changes rather than team changes soon.
  • Options

This one was taken at 3.37pm.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

This one was taken at 3.37pm.

You could have put everybody in the three central blocks, 2,000 absolute maximum.

• Options

A lot of people seemed to be clueless as to where they were supposed to be sitting. That might explain it??
    There's enough threads about Slade thanks.
  • Options
    mogodon said:

Not quite what is was, eh? In the days the football sold itself, Katrien. And we didn't even need a bloody sofa to get people to come.

I miss Floyd and Harvey! They signed my autograph boom when I was a kid!
  • Options

mogodon said:

Not quite what is was, eh? In the days the football sold itself, Katrien. And we didn't even need a bloody sofa to get people to come.

I miss Floyd and Harvey! They signed my autograph boom when I was a kid!
    The pair of them could do a better job in centre midfield than the current dross.