Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Bloody good idea I thought

I heard somewhere, can't remember where, that a potential manager of ours wanted to switch the home and away dugouts so that he could be behind the linesman to give him stick and influence decisions in our favour. Should Pards do this anyway ? Seems like we are missing a trick with this one.

Comments

• Options
    So is that part of your forward planning for next Tues, boss? (Though aren't we the away team anyway?)
  • Options
    Yes, the porkys are the home team!
  • Options
    i heard this somewhere as well, and it certainly made sense to me.

Sadly getting at the linesman and putting pressure on him is a part of the game now, we could be disadvantaging ourselves with the current set up.
  • Options
    I thought the away dug out was deliberately smaller than the home one
  • Options
    This is something Curbs & particularly Mervyn Day wanted sorted in their time, personally I think giving an official stick gets you no-where thats just my opinion though.
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]personally I think giving an official stick gets you no-where thats just my opinion though.

Unless it's a CL charity match :)
  • Options
    Why go through all that agg when you can just pass him a load of cash in a brown envelop?
  • Options
    Would be funny if we did that and then the lino ended up running the other line!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]This is something Curbs & particularly Mervyn Day wanted sorted in their time, personally I think giving an official stick gets you no-where thats just my opinion though.

Alex Fergusson has made a whole career out of it. Even down to the "watch waving" in injury time.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]I heard somewhere, can't remember where, that a potential manager of ours wanted to switch the home and away dugouts so that he could be behind the linesman to give him stick and influence decisions in our favour. Should Pards do this anyway ? Seems like we are missing a trick with this one.

You believe any old rubbish Large. What idiot told you that?

Might be a good idea anyway