Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Ryder Cup

Looking forward to this.

Danny Willett's brother has got the Americans a bit hot and bothered with this for starters:

nationalclubgolfer.com/2016/09/27/pete-willett-i-aint-partisan-hes-my-brother/

Comments

• Cant wait.
    Hazeltine is 6 hours behind us, so first tee-off is at 13.30 our time, and finish is circa midnight ....perfect.
  • Europe 9/4 - fancy some of that with a team finding a bit of form. Don't think the US have the mental game to win, especially after Dustins performance at weekend
  • Cannot wait, my favourite sporting event bar none.

Think this one will be especially tough with so many rookies.
  • Likewise lads. Great weekend in store!
  • Looking forward to this.

Danny Willett's brother has got the Americans a bit hot and bothered with this for starters:

I thought this was hilarious and although his brother and Darren Clarke apologized I bet they secretly they were pissing themselves
  • edited September 2016
    Cant wait. Just feel it could be the Yanks year,Europe have 6 rookies,2 or 3 of whom arent playing particularly well and to win away is a big ask. Hope im wrong!
  • For the Americans to win they will need Speith and Reed to play all the matches and win them. For Europe they will need Westwood, Kaymer and Willett to show more form than they have done since April.

I think it will finish 14-14 this time around.
  • red_murph said:

Cannot wait, my favourite sporting event bar none.

Think this one will be especially tough with so many rookies.

Its funny, I cant normally watch golf - but the Ryder Cup is riveting - one of the best Sporting Events on the planet.
  • Was lucky enough to be there on the Sat and Sun last time at Gleneagles - one of my best sporting experiences, excluding CAFC in the good old days.
  • Really fancy the US this time around.

For the Americans to win they will need Speith and Reed to play all the matches and win them. For Europe they will need Westwood, Kaymer and Willett to show more form than they have done since April.

I think it will finish 14-14 this time around.

Agree re JS and PR. Have put a few quid on Reed to be top points scorer.
  • Sponsored links:

• Its ok until Monty is doing the commentary, all we get is 'when I was captain I did this or that'. Just shut the fuck up.
  • USA to be leading after day 1 and 2 and then Europe to retain the cup would be my bet
  • i think it will be close and the USA will edge it ..however my overriding wish is for the good name of golf to prevail ( ie no stupidity from players relations or home galleries) Crowds in Europe are no worse or better than the US in my opinion (when it comes to the Ryder Cup) and i always feel that behaviour is only marginally on the right side of dignified ...but what a spectacle !
  • iaitch said:

Its ok until Monty is doing the commentary, all we get is 'when I was captain I did this or that'. Just shut the fuck up.

Agree totally. The rest of Sky's team is excellent but Monty is very annoying.

Love Butch Harmon's insight.
  • My girlfriend, with no interest in Golf, is down from Birmingham for the weekend. Of all the weekends to choose...
  • edited September 2016
    iaitch said:

Maybe you'll get a hole in one to cheer yourself up?

He have to improve his short game.
  • iaitch said:

Unless it's ground under repair week?!?
  • iaitch said:

Anything round the back is out of bounds
  • Don't come up short of the hole.
  • Sponsored links:

• Any gamblers might wanna sign up to Sun Bets. Saw advert enhanced odds on USA of 5/1 I think and get free bet if any of your choices is leading at the turn but ends up losing. That is in all three formats, fourball foursome and singles

I thought this was hilarious and although his brother and Darren Clarke apologized I bet they secretly they were pissing themselves
    I bet they weren't!! The last thing Willett needed on the eve of the tournament was his brother mouthing off! Heard him on 5Live being interviewed live from the course about an hour ago and it clearly had affected him. He had even been given grief during his practice round today.

The last thing he needed was a gob shite of a brother trying to make a name for himself. It was ill informed and showed a real lack of intelligence and judgement.

Buffoonery and Muppetry of the highest order I'm afraid.

I bet they weren't!! The last thing Willett needed on the eve of the tournament was his brother mouthing off! Heard him on 5Live being interviewed live from the course about an hour ago and it clearly had affected him. He had even been given grief during his practice round today.

The last thing he needed was a gob shite of a brother trying to make a name for himself. It was ill informed and showed a real lack of intelligence and judgement.

Buffoonery and Muppetry of the highest order I'm afraid.

His brother is a teacher too. Hope he's not going to blame the parents for the way some of his kids act.
  • Opening ceremony a bit cringeworthy so far.
  • Does anone else think that the Europe team look like something out of the Blues Brothers?
  • Sillybilly and The President you are spot and have thought exactly the same myself.This torture must end soon! Mind you it could get worse now its over to the Americans?!
  • This is hilariously bad. The band is utter chuff. Completely out of tune. The Canadian bloke who is CEO of the European tour was really embarrassing and you'd think with all the money that gets spent in this they could at least get suits that fitted properly. Let's hope the actual golf is a bit more interesting.

Nice tribute to Arnie though.
  • Over the years I have always been very familiar with every member of the European team. This time, to my astonishment, I have literally never heard of 4 or 5 of this team. I just did not realise how much I have lost touch with the sport of golf.
  • 1st games up tomorrow....
    Rose/Stenson v Speith/Reed
    Mcillroy/Sullivan v Mickelson/Fowler
    Garcia/Kaymer v Walker/Johnson
    Pieters/Westwood v Johnson/Kuchar
  • Feel we may struggle to get to 2 points from that.