Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

ALMOST CURED!

I think I took the final dose of my medication last night....and I think I'm almost cured of Charltonitis. It's been a long treatment -some 50 years - but after sitting through that dross in a three-quarters empty stadium with the atmosphere akin to a morgue and wondering what the f**k I was doing there I realised that enough was enough. Like many Lifer's I just can't bring myself to care much anymore.
OK Roland, you win, you've cured me of my love for the club and indeed possibly football in general. We can only pray that he either sees the error of his ways (not very likely) or he can be persuaded to sell up and just plain f**k off.
Maybe then we can dream of seeing a properly run club with a proper coach/manager challenging for promotion. Sadly, unless Rio Ferdinand's hint about Christmas comes to pass, we are stuck with the 'Dynamic Duo' for the foreseeable and RD can expect to see more 5,000 crowds at the Valley.... but then again, does he really care?

Comments

• It is so sad to hear stories like this. They really do have a lot to answer for.
  • addick05 said:

I think I took the final dose of my medication last night....and I think I'm almost cured of Charltonitis. It's been a long treatment -some 50 years - but after sitting through that dross in a three-quarters empty stadium with the atmosphere akin to a morgue and wondering what the f**k I was doing there I realised that enough was enough. Like many Lifer's I just can't bring myself to care much anymore.
    OK Roland, you win, you've cured me of my love for the club and indeed possibly football in general. We can only pray that he either sees the error of his ways (not very likely) or he can be persuaded to sell up and just plain f**k off.
    Maybe then we can dream of seeing a properly run club with a proper coach/manager challenging for promotion. Sadly, unless Rio Ferdinand's hint about Christmas comes to pass, we are stuck with the 'Dynamic Duo' for the foreseeable and RD can expect to see more 5,000 crowds at the Valley.... but then again, does he really care?

whats this about?
  • Rumour that a cabbie in Orpington picked him up and he reckons a takeover is imminent at xmas (or as implied).

Hopefully some truth and he wasn't merking
  • couple of questions

what was Rio doing in Orpington?

and

how the fuck would he know?
  • couple of questions

and

Rio lives in Orpington
  • masicat said:

couple of questions

and

Rio lives in Orpington
    And he's a member a Nigerian business consortium
  • masicat said:

couple of questions

and

Rio lives in Orpington
    fair enough, i though he lived in Cheshire.

• masicat said:

couple of questions

and

Rio lives in Orpington

Peckham boy - I think it's his mum who lives in Orpington
  • Pedro45 said:

masicat said:

couple of questions

and

Rio lives in Orpington

I know hes a londoner but thought he was still in cheshire from his man u days.
  • Sponsored links:

• Pedro45 said:

masicat said:

couple of questions

and

Rio lives in Orpington

One would suspect he bought his Mum a nice little house in Orpington out of his wages. If true, that's the kind of story that warms the cockles of your heart.
  • Pedro45 said:

masicat said:

couple of questions

and

Rio lives in Orpington

One would suspect he bought his Mum a nice little house in Orpington out of his wages. If true, that's the kind of story that warms the cockles of your heart.
    Thought court rd, Eltham..
  • edited September 2016
    I felt exactly the same watching that dross on Tuesday night. The result was irrelevant, it was awful and you have to question why you put yourself through it! Had we won, I would have felt the same - that performance from the team and the manager was just not good enough. I wouldn't go on Saturday if I was paid to, it affected me that much. I have supported the club, going to all the matches - well missing very few -for over 40 years!
  • Rio lives in Keston - as does Paul Elliott
  • the ONLY cures for Charltonitis are dementia or death
  • Ffs Rio lives in Farnborough park in a great Big house, his mother lives next door to him. He has spent the last 2 years having both properties built.
    I know this because I do a fair bit of work in Farnborough park and see him occasionally, Next time I see him i will ask him if there is any truth in the rumour