Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

CARD Statement - Resumption of matchday protest activity

Comments

• Options
    I really think it should be the football for a fiver match against Rochdale that sees the next concerted effort.

I think the protests have been most effective when we've disrupted them inside and out. This might be the biggest crowd the Valley sees this season, why not take advantage of that?
  • Options
    Just going to leave this here so EVERYONE reads it!
  • Options
    Another CARD protest planned I see! Everyone falling over themselves to give them 100% support and congratulate them on being able to write a half eloquent statement.....Am I the only one who doesn't get it (or at least admit it on this forum)?

Whilst I don't want to knock others for 'trying' their best to rid the club of RD and KM, there does come a point when you have to realise and accept your efforts (albeith past ), have simply been ineffective.

The numerous protests have achieved very little. Nothing has changed. Lessons haven't been learnt, promises haven't been kept and the owner, CEO and their numerous cronies couldn't care less if you sing in the car park, wear black and white scarves or hold up bits of paper etc.

I know that sounds hard and uber critical and I genuinely applaud everyone for their past efforts, but it simply doesn't work! What is the point of continuing with ineffective repeat protests?

In my opinion, CARD needs to dramatically change it's approach or it'll end up like the Labour Party...an ineffective, ridiculed, questionable and pointless opposition.

#boycottcontinues
  • Options
    braydex said:

Another CARD protest planned I see! Everyone falling over themselves to give them 100% support and congratulate them on being able to write a half eloquent statement.....Am I the only one who doesn't get it (or at least admit it on this forum)?

Whilst I don't want to knock others for 'trying' their best to rid the club of RD and KM, there does come a point when you have to realise and accept your efforts (albeith past ), have simply been ineffective.

The numerous protests have achieved very little. Nothing has changed. Lessons haven't been learnt, promises haven't been kept and the owner, CEO and their numerous cronies couldn't care less if you sing in the car park, wear black and white scarves or hold up bits of paper etc.

I know that sounds hard and uber critical and I genuinely applaud everyone for their past efforts, but it simply doesn't work! What is the point of continuing with ineffective repeat protests?

In my opinion, CARD needs to dramatically change it's approach or it'll end up like the Labour Party...an ineffective, ridiculed, questionable and pointless opposition.

#boycottcontinues

I happen to agree with you.

We must target KM. She is the weak link.

• Options

C4FC4L1f3 said:

all targets that can be hit are already planned, what doesnt help is when people point specifics out on this forum, it then gives the club heads up.

if you have an idea - contact someone you know is part of the protests.

LOOSE LIPS SINK SHIPS!

What as in don't start threads entitled "OFFICIAL! Pitch Invasion ANNOUNCEMENT!" revealing details of imminent planned pitch invasions to all and sundry you mean? ;-)
    basically YES lol
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Plan on journeying from Chertsey on 15th but won't go to match.
  • Options
    I'm afraid this thread has just opened up that we have a number of Checkatrade haters
  • Options
    Excellent. Bring it on. Hopefully all non protestors will avoid the valley that day.
  • Options

braydex said:

#boycottcontinues

I happen to agree with you.

We must target KM. She is the weak link.

Then target her v Coventry?
  • Options
    Good news. Let's make it a day to remember!
  • Options
    Why didn't you announce this two days ago? Just booked my holiday and fly out on the 14th. Bloody CARD. Will be there in spirit.
  • Options
    Was also expecting a Protest For A Fiver, but appreciate why CARD isn't doing it. Am stood down for Saturday, and on alert for he 15th...
  • Options
    Very very disappointed that they aren't doing anything for saturday, its a perfect opportunity to to piss on the Footy For A Fiver Fireworks (unless of course its a CARD Bluff)

Opportunity missed iMHO.
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    Another Belgium trip on the cards..
  • Options
    The club were the signing of a half decent midfielder away from avoiding this. Bring it on!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    kentred2 said:

Excellent. Bring it on. Hopefully all non protestors will avoid the valley that day.

The simple fact is that there are far more non-protestors that are staying away than protestors that still attend.

braydex said:

#boycottcontinues

So please contact CARD with your alternative better ideas.
    I dont need to contact CARD they can see my posts and i've said plenty of times. A full boycott and an empty ground week in week out will force their hand. No club, no matter how stubborn the owner is, can realistically continue with no fans, which bring in no income, which attracts, no sponsorship, which further dents the income not to mention forces the players to say enough is enough and generates twice the amount of negative publicity as they currently get.

All the while fans continue to turn up, support the team, spend money (no matter how little), buy tickets etc. the club can function, albeit on a revised, tighter budget with obvious consequences.

Protests that do not interrupt the game, have lost their impact, decrease in size etc. will have very little effect.
  • Options
    CARD's control is limited in the respect of a full boycott though.

What should they do? Get volunteers to forcefully stop people entering the ground?
  • Options

The club were the signing of a half decent midfielder away from avoiding this. Bring it on!

It's a bit more than half a decent midfielder
  • Options
    Not this season. If the reason for resuming the protests is the results as has been given. It is typical of how badly run the club is that we were allowed to go past the window with strong players in both attack and defence, but with the most pathetic midfield in the division.
  • Options
    Will be breaking my boycott for the 15th. Good decision, CARD.
  • Options
    braydex said:

kentred2 said:

The simple fact is that there are far more non-protestors that are staying away than protestors that still attend.

braydex said:

#boycottcontinues

So please contact CARD with your alternative better ideas.
    I dont need to contact CARD they can see my posts and i've said plenty of times. A full boycott and an empty ground week in week out will force their hand. No club, no matter how stubborn the owner is, can realistically continue with no fans, which bring in no income, which attracts, no sponsorship, which further dents the income not to mention forces the players to say enough is enough and generates twice the amount of negative publicity as they currently get.

All the while fans continue to turn up, support the team, spend money (no matter how little), buy tickets etc. the club can function, albeit on a revised, tighter budget with obvious consequences.

Protests that do not interrupt the game, have lost their impact, decrease in size etc. will have very little effect.
    You may already know that I did not buy a season ticket this time but attend every match, both home & away, all things being equal.

Last night's match could have been a turning point for me. I could echo what others with a far longer record of support have done before me.....say enough's enough & boycott until Roland slings his hook. I was THAT close TBH.

However, and I realise this is somewhat of a cowards' way out, IF, let's say around 2-3,000 of the regulars still attending made a commitment to boycott, one match at a time for starters, then I WOULD do likewise. This would be a huge step for me & one I wouldn't take lightly...as t has already been by many Addicks far more resolute than me.

But, the question remains.....how could I & other like minded fans, make this scenario reality ?

Over to you, dear fellow Lifer as I feel you may be THE MAN to devise & put forward a cunning plan to make this happen.

No pressure ....
  • Options
    I think a defeat against Rochdale on Saturday (which is more than possible with them winning three on the bounce) could create the conditions where we can have a real boycott for the Coventry game. I think such a gesture we can get the crowd down to 2 or 3k ish would send as big a shockwave as anything we can do. Arrange for us to stand outside the ground as the game takes place.
  • Options
    C4FC4L1f3 said:

Pop up beer festival for Coventry game? protest before the match - have a few beers during and then protest after :)

As long as there's vino for me & Arsenetatters , I'm up for it !