Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE...

2»

Comments

• Options
    edited September 2016

If you could get more people outside the stadium protesting than stated attendance then that would be powerful. If people who regularly go boycotted the game and we all stand outside protesting for the whole 90 minutes and beyond whilst the game goes on in an empty stadium that would be a huge statement of discontent and surely be different to anything before.

ie all attendees and boycotters all just meet and remain outside before, during and after the match.

Great idea but there's 5k+ who bought season tickets even after the appalling mess we were in last year. They will all troop in like the living dead & sit & watch whatever they're given. Buy their pints at half time & then congregate in crossbars afterwards all the while declaring that the 20/30/40 quid they put over the bar will make no difference because douchbag is a very rich man.
    Makes me sick that they see what's going on around them but refuse to even attempt to do anything in the name of protest. That is the problem we face.
    This is quite insulting for those who have purchased a Season Ticket. Every Season ticket holder will have there own reason for purchasing a ticket some will support Card some will not. The whole tone of your post is outright rude and not needed.

Season ticket holders refuse to do anything in the name of protest. I bet my bottom dollar that many of those Season Ticket Holders have contributed finacially to Card; have taken part in the protests and have purchased Card branded products. Your post sows division and is an utter insult.
    I know several season ticket holders and not one of them have supported the protest, contributed to card or purchased Card products. They view the protests as bothersome and something that stops them watching their game of football.

So maybe, no insult is actually there.
    You're quite right mate no insult is there, people wetting their pants over a generalisation. Of course there will be season ticket holders who may have supported CARD & the protests, on the other hand there are many, happy to throw their money over the beer counters just after singing roland out. Why not use the local pubs ? Why (last season) not support the protests behind the West stand if you want them out ? And then there are the season ticket holders that you mention. Head arse stick, do nothing & there won't be a club to support.
    I objected more to your pompous and pious tone. But If you want to stay home and flog yourself with birch leaves, whilst being sick at the thought of 5k choosing to attend that's fair enough, everyone's personal choice.
  • Options

One of the things this whole thing has taught my is how difficult some people find it to follow through with any form of meaningful change.

I fall into this category as I was staunchly not going to attend this season and, for reasons discussed, have now weakened. But that doesn't mean I am unable to follow through with any meaningful change in life!

Mate, nothing personal at all but some of the posts from the non renewers on here over the last few days have a serious "holier than thou" air about them. You all made the decision to stop going and all credit to you as you are missing nothing and you've seen through what you said you were going to do. But this sniping at those that are still attending and particularly the "you mustn't spend a penny to harm Roland" assumption just seem to encourage the sheep mentality. I thought it was okay for individuals to protest in the way we see fit? Or do we all have to do the same thing?
  • Options
    edited September 2016

If you could get more people outside the stadium protesting than stated attendance then that would be powerful. If people who regularly go boycotted the game and we all stand outside protesting for the whole 90 minutes and beyond whilst the game goes on in an empty stadium that would be a huge statement of discontent and surely be different to anything before.

ie all attendees and boycotters all just meet and remain outside before, during and after the match.

Great idea but there's 5k+ who bought season tickets even after the appalling mess we were in last year. They will all troop in like the living dead & sit & watch whatever they're given. Buy their pints at half time & then congregate in crossbars afterwards all the while declaring that the 20/30/40 quid they put over the bar will make no difference because douchbag is a very rich man.
    Makes me sick that they see what's going on around them but refuse to even attempt to do anything in the name of protest. That is the problem we face.
    This is quite insulting for those who have purchased a Season Ticket. Every Season ticket holder will have there own reason for purchasing a ticket some will support Card some will not. The whole tone of your post is outright rude and not needed.

Season ticket holders refuse to do anything in the name of protest. I bet my bottom dollar that many of those Season Ticket Holders have contributed finacially to Card; have taken part in the protests and have purchased Card branded products. Your post sows division and is an utter insult.
    I know several season ticket holders and not one of them have supported the protest, contributed to card or purchased Card products. They view the protests as bothersome and something that stops them watching their game of football.

You're quite right mate no insult is there, people wetting their pants over a generalisation. Of course there will be season ticket holders who may have supported CARD & the protests, on the other hand there are many, happy to throw their money over the beer counters just after singing roland out. Why not use the local pubs ? Why (last season) not support the protests behind the West stand if you want them out ? And then there are the season ticket holders that you mention. Head arse stick, do nothing & there won't be a club to support.
    Sorry there was clearly an insult; and the statement has now changed ' of course there will be season ticket holders who may support Card' Thats not what the first post says.
  • Options
    Do you have that effect on everyone you meet Henry?
  • Options
    Lucky Tony wasn't there or you would have copped it. He's already got NLA running scared. ;)
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    @HandG I agree with you, so if any of my own posts have come across that way then I personally apologise.

I can't get away from the fact I'm gutted that so many did renew as after last seasons protests that was the logical UK protest for the start of this season imo in highlighting the destructive damage they have done, but I would never intentionally criticise others as I'm no position to. I agree fully that 'I'm right, you're wrong' posts do nothing other than further alienate the person with the opposite stance.

look on the up side of all this though mate, what with those empty stands there is less chance you being groped on the concourse at half time :-)
  • Options
    It was a tad inflammatory to wear your zebra cardi that day, Henry.

As for accusing Kat for " trying to start an enlargement"......

....I'd have thought that was the last thing on her mind !

:smile:
  • Options

@HandG I agree with you, so if any of my own posts have come across that way then I personally apologise.

I can't get away from the fact I'm gutted that so many did renew as after last seasons protests that was the logical UK protest for the start of this season imo in highlighting the destructive damage they have done, but I would never intentionally criticise others as I'm no position to. I agree fully that 'I'm right, you're wrong' posts do nothing other than further alienate the person with the opposite stance.

look on the up side of all this though mate, what with those empty stands there is less chance you being groped on the concourse at half time :-)

No need to apologise mate-none of us are happy at the situation, just dealing with it in our own way.

If anything, I need more than ever to be groped at half time, full time and even during the game-anything to take my mind off what is taking place on the pitch. Are you back for the Coventry game? :-)
  • Options
    I keep singing the James Brown tune when I see this thread title.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    We boycotted Selhurst and got the Valley back.

If we now boycott the Valley we may get Our Charlton back.