Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

West Ham Charltonised?

13»

Comments

• Options

Rizzo said:

Were they to get relegated, they would be stuck with some players on huge contracts and they could find themselves in a very large stadium with far fewer fans and a very poor atmosphere. I think they could slide very quickly if they went down this year.

The problem there is that they aren't paying for their very large stadium. It's costing them peanuts at the moment and if they get relegated it's pretty much paying them!
    Exactly. They are a zero overhead club. This means they will pay less in rent than, say, the Massives pay in match day overheads.They will get parachute payments. They will have the biggest corporate hospitality revenue in the division, and probably benefit from naming rights, as I suspect the deal will have been agreed by now, and have little or nothing in the way of "relegation reduction" for their 20%.

They will easily buy their way back up.

"Take your clients to the London Stadium and see at first hand our supporters fighting with stewards, blood curdling violence from the safety of your own box!"
  • Options
    Those photos are of the stadium during the Olympics so doesn't apply to those on the scaffolding seats.

Awful move for them I said before they moved that it would be the death of the club but they lapped it up. The comment about the East Stand being like the yellow wall did make me laugh!
  • Options
    west ham fan at work had a season ticket for years, went to the opening game and said he would never return.
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    Having now seen the inside of the ground, my view is West Ham seem to have got themselves a lemon. All be it a free lemon.
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    dizzee said:

Went to the West Ham v Chelsea game last night.

The atmosphere in that stadium is the worst atmosphere I have ever experienced.

It was meant to be one of their biggest games of the season and was like a library.

The Chelsea fans singing "You're not West Ham anymore" would have really hurt them.

perhaps because it was such a crap game. watched most of it on tv last night & couldn't believe the amount of sideways & backwards passing going on - worse than us . Playing Carroll up front they would have been better served just lumping it up to him & getting men around him to pick up the knock downs.
  • Options
    Boring game. West Ham mates who were there said the atmosphere was nonexistent. They're such a dull team to watch.
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    It was a bit of a dull game but Chelsea were class. It was a controlled, tactical victory.

Their fans were pretty good too. West Ham fans on the other hand.

Been to that stadium twice this season and not heard one song. Apart from their blowing bubbles song which is so washed out too. The stadium just doesn't work. The pitch is so far away too.
  • Options

How fucking funny would it be if they went down hahaha

As long as they take Palace with them.
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    18 pts from 14 home games, GD -9 (compare with Hull, 16 from 13, or Swansea, 17 from 14);
    15 pts from 13 away games, GD -1 (compare with Spurs, 18 from 13, or Everton, 16 from 14).

There's a reasonable case for arguing that, so far, they don't like playing there, and it's damaging their league position.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    ive seen some of there fans calling for brady out - as she is killing there club, and are likening themselves to charltons situation - fuck off
  • Options

ive seen some of there fans calling for brady out - as she is killing there club, and are likening themselves to charltons situation - fuck off

However bad things are at Charlton I'm glad I'm not a West Ham supporter. Their fans are as annoying as Arsenal....
  • Options
    Brady didn't help herself with her gushing article for Spurs in the Sun a couple of weeks ago.

Ewe, did I just write Brady and gushing in the same sentence? Doctor!!!!