Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Addicks v's Oxford match thread 24/9/16

Afternoon folks, after a hard fought for point against the League leaders (although we had a couple of chances at the end to win it), we now travel to the University City of Oxford for today's game. On Tuesday we were missing Holmes and Novak, it'll be interesting to see if either of them are back, and indeed if either of them (or both) are in the starting line-up.
I fancy us to take all 3 points today, it wont be easy, but after Tuesday nights showing I think we are good enough to get a first win since 20th August, 6 games ago!!.

I'll bring you the teams as soon as I get them....but in the meantime.........COYR's

Comments

• Options
    Thanks red for the updates
  • Options
    Thanks as ever RM, you're a lifesaver. I am stuck at home with cracked ribs and full of codeine so will be F5ing all afternoon.
  • Options
    At work so many thanks in advance
    Coyr
  • Options
    Have a ticket for Marseilles v Nantes tonight but will be following this thanks to Red and others.
    Come on the Haddocks.
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    IdleHans said:

Thanks as ever RM, you're a lifesaver. I am stuck at home with cracked ribs and full of codeine so will be F5ing all afternoon.

I find one of these helps :wink: .
  • Options
    Evening all. I'm stuck on a platform in the middle of the Indian Ocean, appreciate the updates RM et all.
  • Options
    Went to pick up his ticket?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    IdleHans said:

I thought codeine bunged you up ?

• Options

ozaddick said:

Evening all. I'm stuck on a platform in the middle of the Indian Ocean, appreciate the updates RM et all.

Big news is @ElfsborgAddick fucked off out the pub when it was his round.
  • Options

ozaddick said:

Big news is @ElfsborgAddick fucked off out the pub when it was his round.
    And your surprised?! ;-)
  • Options
    Jason Pearce misses out with a head injury, Harry Lennon with his first league start of the season replaces him #cafc
  • Options
    edited September 2016

Addicks fans out in force today.
  • Options
    TEAM NEWS | Ricky Holmes and Lee Novak return to the bench after recovering from injury and illness respectively.
  • Options
    No, not understanding that team, looks much too defensive.
  • Options
    Attacking bench!
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    So Lennon in for Pearce, must be injured as not on bench and 4-5-1 again or 4-1-4-1 as Russ would have it. Didn't expect any tactical changes to be honest after the Scunny game which we should have nicked had we taken our chances.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    What has happened to pierce, isn't tex fit to play at least on the bench, why is Holmes on the bench?
  • Options
    That team is all wrong. Far too defensive. This is Oxford not Old Trafford. If Holmes and Novak are fit for the bench then I would like to think they are fit to start. They haven't been out that long.
  • Options
    What's wrong with Konsa and Tex? Assume some club has expressed a financial interest in Lennon.

Untested back four = more cock ups at corners.

Downgrading my forecast from 0.0 to 2.0 defeat.

Pathetic.
  • Options
    edited September 2016

Manager happy with the last performance so goes again with same game plan. After Fleetwood can't blame him for wanting to get a foothold in the game, plenty of opportunity hopefully later on in the game to win it, IF he makes attacking subs ealier enough!
  • Options
    An attacking bench..ffs.

Given the only part of the bench is allowed on and Slade seems to favour subs on 80 minutes I hope he's changed his mind, we look solid and create well in first half and then he makes two subs at half time and one on 70 minutes (depending on the flow of the game on timings clearly but not 1 sub on 80 minutes)
  • Options
    Why such a defensive midfield? I can understand Ajose not starting but why not Botaka? It's almost as if it's to justify bringing in both Crofts and Foley.
  • Options
    Start botaka ffs. Not enough goals and he continues to go defensive.
  • Options
    RedChaser said:

Manager happy with the last performance so goes again with same game plan. After Fleetwood can't blame him for wanting to get a foothold in the game, plenty of opportunity hopefully later on in the game to win it.
    Manager happy with 0.0 draw so changes back four and picks no one that can score.

Perfect.
  • Options
    seth plum said:

Afternoon all. A return to the more prosaic efforts from myself after PaddyP17's appearance for the Scunthorpe game.
    I intend to follow from the Oxford coverage to complement RM's excellent updating from the Charlton coverage, it is about how others see us, and what they have to say about us.
    Hopefully RM and I won't get too much delay and lagging and our contributions synergise, and personally i hope I don't get the off topic commentators that are often encountered.
    I want to apologise in advance for my spelling, and my slowness.
    Afternoon Red.

Afternnon @seth plum thanks as ever for your assistance.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!