Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

D.A.B Reception.

Has any one had problems with the D.A.B signal(in kent) I have a good D.A.B Aerial on the roof but recently all commercial have signal dropout.I listen to Jazz fm and Planet Rock,and about every three seconds the station signal goes off completely,and then for about the same time comes back on.

Comments

• Options
    Have you tried re-tuning?
  • Options
    Have you tried re-tuning?
  • Options
    Yes several times
  • Options
    Since Planet Rock disappeared from my pre-sets they say search for it and re-tune, i simply haven't been able to find it either in my car, or on the kitchen wireless.
    Anybody able to do it?
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    seth plum said:

Since Planet Rock disappeared from my pre-sets they say search for it and re-tune, i simply haven't been able to find it either in my car, or on the kitchen wireless.
    Anybody able to do it?

PR moved frequencies a little while ago. As a consequence the reception footprint also changed. Check your postcode on getdigitalradio.com

Sometimes a re-scan is not sufficient you need to do a full system reset.

http://getdigitalradio.com/retune
  • Options
    Try moving aerial next time Man Utd are on t.v.
  • Options
    The Arrow is better than Planet Rock. PR is terminally stuck in about 1974.
  • Options
    seth plum said:

Anybody able to do it?

I had the same problem but the solution was simple.

Instead of just pressing the auto tune button (where it appears a new scan is taking place) press and hold the button for say 10 or 15 seconds. The scan looks the same but the results were quite different - got the beloved Planet Rock back on all three of my digital radios.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Thank you every on for your suggestions,it may be a Aerial problem it is 13years old.I did contact a Aerial fitter and he said sometimes water can get in the cable,or perhaps the cable has come loose.I did try the D.A.B Radio in the car and the seems ok.I was wondering if new buildings can affect it, or Cranes.