Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

When do you start taking notice of the League Table?

13»

Comments

• Options
    on paper i think the squad should be good enough for play offs but lets face it ...the players themselves arent fools ,i am sure they know the club is a basket case and they ll perform accordingly mid table this season relegated next

• Options
    I don't think we'll go down, we have two very good individual players in Holmes and Lookman, that and a defence that is pretty solid should see us to 12th or so. Slade is trying to keep us up rather than take us up, which is pretty disheartening. Leaving Ajose on the bench is inexcusable, as is playing 451 against a team who haven't kept a clean sheet in 26 games. Chesterfield on Saturday, second bottom, one win in ten and lost last four to nil. Surely we get at them from the start, Ajose and Magennis, Holmes and Lookman, 442, attacking football. Surely a manager of his experience can see if we grab a goal we will very likely win. Surely? No alright then, 1-1 it is.
  • Options
    its a funny old game. If lookman plays as well as he is capable of playing, he'll be sold in January.

If he plays as he is now, he possibky won't be and can outperform the rest of the season to help with a promotion push ;)

Never let it be said Charlton fans can't be patient and optimistic hey Russ?
  • Options
    Sir Lennie Lawrence said before the Everton home game in October 1989:

"By October, the die is cast"

We lost that game, and were subsequently relegated.

• Options
    When Roland sells !
  • Options
    I've tried to avoid it since this lot took over!
  • Options
    I haven't checked the Table for about a year.

Where are we in the championship now ?
  • Options
    Yes, and we are near the top. Oops! Sorry I have my newspaper upside down!
  • Options
    No one having a nibble on the 66/1 corals are offering
  • Options
    In a tight division it doesn't take much for things to get better or worse. If Holmes picked up a long term injury and a couple of the central defenders miss games through injury or suspension, it all looks a lot shakier. Mid-table looks favourite but anything could happen. If we do get in a serious relegation will this team fight their way out if it?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Is there any point right now?
    Until the Belgians sell up I have more interest in pretty much anything other than CAFC's performance on the pitch.
  • Options
    Forget about looking at league tables, I can feel it in my water that we are about to go on a run.

Trouble is , It might involve crossing a motorway or two somewhere up north.
  • Options
    I'm going to do what Mandy did. I'm not looking at all this season. Then, there is always hope.
  • Options
    Stig said:

I used to love looking at the league table and would follow it from game one. Nowadays it means nothing to me, to I just check towards the end of the season that the fools are on course for more failure.

Same here- the last few years it was checking to see how/if we were going to escape relegation and looking at the 'live tables' during the Saturday match. This season rarely looked at league table. Hardly a day goes by that I don't look at Charlton Life though.