Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton vs.Wimbledon - Post Match Views - Sept 16

Comments

• Options
    SE7toSG3 said:

I agree on the silence is more powerful, my Grandad often spoke of the ground turning their backs on masse to Arsenal when they first returned and played at the Valley, they ran out to complete silence...one of my all time I wish I was there moments

Agreed... I'd love to see that happen at the Valley as reckon that would send a HUGE message

What season would that have been?
  • Options

But its not the worst result in years... Its the worst result this season yet Huddersfield scoring FIVE against us last season was a lot worse.

Christ they only finished a few places ahead of us last season yet somehow managed to put that many past us

I'd take a spanking against Huddersfield or Hull over losing at home to AFC Wimbledon any day
  • Options

But its not the worst result in years... Its the worst result this season yet Huddersfield scoring FIVE against us last season was a lot worse.

Christ they only finished a few places ahead of us last season yet somehow managed to put that many past us

I'd take a spanking against Huddersfield or Hull over losing at home to AFC Wimbledon any day
    Can I ask why?
  • Options
    What really frustrated me more than anything else today was how Wimbledon can have a player on their books like that young powerful troublesome massive striker they brought on as a substitute and we have correspondingly utter shit like Piggot who we are forced to persevere with . How many seasons was Piggot given to prove himself whilst clogging up opportunities for others and what total idiot was responsible for that garbage decision ? We should be able to attract players like that Wimbledon forward given who we are but why don't we ? Why do we have to have Piggot , Munns and Muldoon as examples . Message to coaching staff - It's not rocket science - they aren't ever going to be good enough . We can see that , why can't they ?
  • Options
    gutted as for the mostpart we played well and the reason we lost was mainly because we lose possession too easily and because ajose and magennis are again giving poor performances and no amount of balls to them worked. Magennis was meant to be our new kermorgant but although he had some good games to begin with he is not winning enough ball and ajose should now make way for novak. There were some very good passages of play but the second half needed jackson to direct things and even get another goal. He is the only leader we have and he was missed today. Shame. Gutted.
  • Options

Can I ask why?
    Because the level's so much worse. Hull are in the Prem this season. AFC Wimbledon only formed five minutes ago and we're down in League One, a league we should be looking to win, and they're turning us over. It's far more depressing to me
    But this is the level we're at for a reason...

We will lose games this season and ultimately its a game between two teams of eleven players, just because one of those squads was only formed five minutes means nothing to me
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    Never went but I'll be at Scunny Tuesday. Sounds like Ajose carried on from where he left off last week, totally ineffective.

Just seen the goals on Sky, Solly and Lookman mugged off for the equaliser and the cross in for the winner unchallenged in the left back slot why? Peace out jumped 1-2.

Patience everybody it's the key word apparently :disappointed: .
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

The above post is just ridiculous. Big William would not have posted that if we'd hung on for a 1-0 win, but no.

winning = we're just fab
    losing = we're "tripe".

Don't blame Mogodon for my rants :-)
  • Options
    I'm in the 'depressed' camp. Played well for 20 minutes and reasonably - better than Wimbledon anyway - for another 30. Then, I don't know, Lookman and Holmes tired maybe. Whatever, we started knocking in long balls like the Wimbledon of old and gave them way too much possession. I'm not sure if it is Slade's fault tactically, I don't think he had the players he needed on the bench, or in the squad, to sort things out.

Wimbledon. Christ.
  • Options
    edited September 2016

Can I ask why?
    AFC Wimbledon weren't even a club not long ago....still something like 9 divisions below us a few years back. Now they're rocking up at 'fortress Valley' and turning us over. It's an absolutely sickening reminder of how far this club has fallen under this shower of shite. Even well run clubs are on the end of a real spanking every now and then, very few lose at home to AFC Wimbledon. Football snobbery maybe, but this isn't a case of how far they've come, it's how far we are falling.
    Yet we've only fallen two Divisions... Yes we might further but anyone can catch us if they climb high enough same with Wigan / Doncaster etc. who have beaten and been in higher divisions than us recently

Or what do Wimbledon have to do before it becomes "acceptable" for them to beat us... Sorry but Football snobbery from ANY fan at ANY club is simply pathetic.

There will never be a day when someone announces that "the Division you're in is the Division you'll remain forever, because we're abolishing promotion / relegation so accept it" so new teams will always potentially come and go through the League's, no different to someone from the lower classes winning the lottery and being able to send their kid to the same school as Lord Up-My-Own-Arse
  • Options
    Anyone film the Chris Parkes and fan arguing after the match? I saw some people videoed it!
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    Sadly got one more match (already bought football for a fiver tickets) but then I'm out. Season ticket gone and after today I don't think I can be bothered with individual matches. I wasn't even angry when AFC Wombles went ahead. Everyone around me saw it coming and I just thought yeah, same old shite. When the feelings gone, it's gone.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    They did play Red Robin
  • Options

I'll just leave this here.

Unfookingbelievable
    Yes Simon that's it, its never the players or managers fault just the fans to blame!!! What a twat! !
  • Options
    Ajose seems to need a kick up the jacksey
  • Options

They did play Red Robin

I stand corrected. Can't have been very loud because I always liked to sing it and it was hardly drowned out by the noise of the crowd.
  • Options
    C4FC4L1f3 said:

Anyone film the Chris Parkes and fan arguing after the match? I saw some people videoed it!

Was he explaining why he has no chance of keeping his wife from endlessly gushing about Katrien's superbness?
  • Options
    A great result for AFC and good luck to them, but they will admit they should have been dead and buried after an hour, as we had enough chances to kill the game off

The last 30 minutes was a negative mark for me against Slade, our play degenerated into hoofing the ball up towards Magennis, when our goal threat came from Lookman and Holmes running with the ball. There was no attempt to change things tactically, even after their second goal and baffled why Botaka didn't come on
  • Options
    Forgive for I have sinned.

My 2nd game of the season and when we scored early in was hoping for a toning to rekindle my enthusiasm.

But much as we were on top and they didn't have a shot we also created few clean cut chances and went long more often than not.

We looked pedestrian most of the time and when did find good positions we couldn't add the killer pass.

Seemed when Holmes switched with Lookman we were exposed on our right, Solly got beaten too easily once and then again to allow the first.

Atmosphere flat even when winning.

I joked on the way out that it was the protesters fault. Didn't actually think anyone would actually say it seriously.

No, there is a lot more wrong than a 750 black and white scarves.

But, but, but still only 7 games in.
  • Options
    Do people actually read.

Nobody said worst result ever ffs!!!