Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Remind You of Anyone?

Taken from an article in The Mail today.

Psychopaths display different traits depending on their disorder, but common signs include superficial charm, a grandiose notion of self-worth, the need for stimulation and impulsiveness, pathological lying, the ability to manipulate others and a lack of remorse and empathy.
Experts claim people usually find psychopaths intriguing, but can't put their finger on why.
This is down to incongruous behaviour because psychopaths tend to do a lot of acting to deceive, or mimic normal reactions, sometimes changing their views and reactions quickly.
For example, Mr Wells said upon meeting someone, he tries to become 'the most interesting person they know' and presumably adopts suitable interests and responses to do this.
His response also gives away another common trait - a grandiose notion of self-worth - in that he can be the most interesting person in the room.
Psychopaths occasionally tend to exhibit unconvincing emotional responses, with slip-ups including tone of voice or body language.
This may be because they are unable to understand emotions such as fear and love, but can mimic them.
Generally psychopaths' 'emotions' are shallow and short-lived and there is a manipulative ulterior motive to showing them.
For example, Mr Wells said he offers to do favours and tells false secrets to people to gain their complete trust.
He also displays insincere charm - another trait associated with psychopaths.
He says: 'I keep secrets, and tell them fake secrets to further gain their trust, and once they trust me enough, I ask for favours, reminding them of the favours I did them. I can get literally anything from them, which is incredibly useful.'
Psychopaths typically display an incredible ability to manipulate others and sometimes take pleasure in doing so.
Psychopaths often have an air of superiority about them, perhaps shown by Mr Wells' belief he can spot other psychopaths
Even expert Dr Hare warns that anyone can be duped during a short interaction with a psychopath.

Comments

• That sounds exactly like two of the SMT down to a tee
  • The similarity has been mentioned on previous threads. Not criticising just saying you are not alone in noting it.
  • Henry Irving ?

Very funny, should see you a six month ban though.
  • She's not a pyscho but just the female version of a complete Pratt.
  • Mother Theresa?
  • Fanny Craddock?
  • Fanny Craddock?

Wow that's a name from the past I've not heard for ages! I loved Jonny
  • Sounds like the perfect description of Donald Trump.
  • Sounds like a description of a large percentage of that papers readership.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited September 2016
    I think sociopath is a more appropriate diagnosis for Katrien

• I think sociopath is a more appropriate diagnosis for Katrien

Sociopaths appear to share much the same characteristic traits as psychopaths. I assume that Sue Parkes has already been reaching for the dictionary if she has become aware of this OS in order to find a word more suitable than her standby 'disgusting'.

However, there is abundant evidence that Meire has displayed many of the characteristics of the sociopath although in business I prefer to call them con-men - or in this case con-woman. No doubt a trained analyst would have a field day with the body language and comments from the Dublin interview, the 'every managerial change was right' press conference and others now becoming too numerous to mention. She really is a piece of work.