Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Strangest place you've been on way to a match?

Question for Charlton Live tonight after Palace Louis went to the ballroom in Blackpool pre game yesterday

Comments

• Tour of Coronation Street at the Granada Studios before an evening game v Man Utd
  • A free Arts museum in Basel.
  • Ikea in Denmark before the Lyngby pre-season game.
  • Hooters in Nottingham will probably crop up as well.
  • I've been to that leisure centre at Barnsley too
  • Sponsored links:

• At QPR a couple of seasons ago we couldn't get in any pubs so we ended up in a chinese restaurant pre match beers and a No. 65!
  • Had lunch in Fleetwood Wetherspoons yesterday (nothing strange about that), then went to the ground on a tram (never done that before).
  • Also, Croydon before Palarse away, weird place that
  • edited September 2016
    Went to Barcelona Zoo on the way to Andorra v England a few years ago
  • 10 Downing Street.
  • having been to watford a couple of times and realising there is fuck all there, we decided not bothering to get there till after 2. which gave us plenty of time to have a wander round Highgate cemetery. the morbid feeling continued as we then watched Watford stuff us 5 nil.
  • A shop that sold nothing but gloves in Bergamo en route to Brescia for the Anglo-Italian.
  • Sponsored links:

• The morning of England vs Japan in Graz 31 May 10 - a private opening of the Graz Tram Museum, arranged by my son Ben.
  • Blackpool pleasure beach for seven roller coaster rides yesterday and then the tram up to Fleetwood.
  • Interesting and unique, rather than strange. Before the Fulham game last season, I visited St Mary's Church, Putney. In 1647, this church was the forum for the first debates about the nature of democracy in England. stmarys.parishofputney.com/the-church/the-putney-debates/
  • Thanks for all the inputs, we read out all the ones from before 8.30 on the show - podcast will be up overnight.

Now let's keep this thread going!
  • A 'pub' in Blackburn that turned out to be an old newsagents a guy had taken over, not refitted and would pour your beer out of cans into a pint glass.

Very 'local' too.

We only stayed for that first drink!
  • The midlands manufacturing expo in Telford before heading to Bury for a midweek league cup match 0-0.

The OU library tin Milton Keynes before heading up to Walsall for a midweek match 4-2.

Have done serval bank jobs before heading off to matches.
  • Last season I played a match in Chiswick, lost 7-1, then hotfooted it to Craven Cottage, where we lost 3-0
  • Leuth said:

Last season I played a match in Chiswick, lost 7-1, then hotfooted it to Craven Cottage, where we lost 3-0

How was your back?
  • The Long Pond

:wink:
  • In some old Norwegian fellas back garden at 4am, drunk the night before a match up in Alta. Guy must've heard me and came out shouting in Norwegian at me, in a rash drunk decision I decided to opt for the hop the fence option, I got caught up in it so ended up him helping me over and me showing him a card to my hotel and him pointing me towards it, he pointed the wrong way.

Love the new avatar.