Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

PlayStation Pro

http://www.mirror.co.uk/tech/playstation-pro-slim-revealed-8786540

Went into game , the retailer today to enquirer about FIFA 17, and asked the fella in there a bit about the PlayStation Pro coming out shortly, which I'd heard about online

Man was he drooling about it as games are done in 4K mode, anyone going for it?

He reckoned they'd already had a ton of preorders, and you had no chance of walking into the store a week befor Christmas and getting one.

Comments

• edited September 2016
    It's not actually 4k apparently but something like 1800p rendered up with some computer wizardry to try and represent 4k. Don't know what, if any, difference in reality that makes. Plus there's talk that you're also gonna need an HDR tv to get the full benefit from it.
    For me personally it's not worth getting as I'm happy with my normal PS4 but no doubt it will sell out quickly. Think I'll wait for the PS5!
  • Are they even using the ps4 to its full spek yet ?
  • They dropped a bollock with no UHD BR player
  • Sony have gotten a bit big for their boots/complacent with the fact they beat the crap out of Microsoft this generation with not offering 4K blu ray player and not allowing mods for the remastering of skyrim and fallout.

Think the specs for the "new" ps4 are a bit of a cop out tbh
  • It won't play games in native 4K and will use some wizardry bullshit to upscale it. You have to pay £300+ to get a GPU capable of playing 4K games at a stable 30fps. You also need a decent CPU, something the PS4 doesn't have.

It will be good for 1080p60fps though.