Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Fleetwood v Charlton - Player Marks

2»

Comments

• Rudd 6
    Solly 6
    Konsa 6
    Pearce 4
    Fox 7
    Holmes 7
    Crofts 4
    Ulvestad 6
    Lookman 7
    Ajose 4
    Magennis 7
  • Rudd - 6 Should have done better with the first goal. A top goalkeeper should not be beaten from that distance, by a shot hit with that amount of power.
    Solly - 5.5 Reliable, but didn't pull up any trees. Has become targeted by opposition sides, who try to isolate him against a big striker. (If you don't believe me, watch Northampton's goal at The Valley.) We were lucky when 1-0 down when he allowed a big striker a free run and header which, luckily, went over the bar.
    Konsa - 5.5 OK, but the second goal is down to him. Terribly over hit pass to Ulvestad. Good in the air, but struggled against Fleetwood's swift skillful strikers.
    Pearce - 7 Didn't put a foot wrong, until nearly killed by a Fleetwood player. One of the worst pieces of refereeing I've ever seen. And that is saying something...
    Fox - 7 Really top performance. See comments on Solly above. It all changed when when Foxy was moved over from the left to the right for dead ball deliveries, and that particular avenue was instantly snuffed out. But, hey, let's never admit that "Mr. Scapegoat" digs "Captain Fantastic" out of a hole. Also, produced a number of excellent crosses in the 2nd half. I can't remember a single one by Solly.
    Holmes - 7 Still our most creative player. Works so hard, even when we don't have the ball. Great cross for Magennis leveller.
    Crofts - 6 A usual performance in the engine room. So fit, never stops running.
    Ulvestad - 5.5 OK. More forward looking than either Foley or Crofts, but perhaps if we are playing both Holmes and Lookman, the more defensive a tributes of Foley are more of a requirement?
    Lookman - 5 As ineffective as Ajose, as shown by a corner he took late on. Despite both centre backs going up, and both Novak and Magennis being in the box, he decided to hit the corner back to Solly, who was a good 30 yards from the goal. He then telegraphed it, and under hit it so badly that it was easy for the ball to be intercepted. Can not remember him hitting a single corner or cross anywhere near a Charlton shirt. I know we all like a player from our academy coming good, but too many rose coloured spectacles on here, who do not see Ade's short comings.
    Ajose - 5 Poor game. Can not hold the ball up, and not making any decent runs. The way Novak played, may be time to give him a kick up the proverbials...
    Magennis - 8 MOTM Excellent work rate again, winning header after header. So pleased for him when he scored. The Fleetwood defenders were unable to cope with him. Josh and Fleetwood's Ball were clearly the best players on the pitch.
    Novak - 6.5 Not quick, but runs the first 10 yards in his head, so gets in good positions. One sublime chip from tight on the goal line which may have challenged Holmes goal against Shrewsbury for goal of the season. Big, strong, holds the ball up well.
    Botaka n/a From zero to hero. Called by some on here "shit" on the back of less than half an hour's football, to being a "must start" on less than half an hour's football... As responsible for the turn around as anybody, with his pace, trickery, and direct running.
    Foley n/a Another who is consistently slagged off. Now has an assist to his name. Now you have seen Ulvestad (who I don't think had as bad a game as some of you make out), is Foley that bad? Or, as I say, if we are going to play both Holmes and Lookman, isn't it more sensible to have 2 more defensive minded midfielders in the engine room?

I am not going to pick out individual scores, but was astounded by some of the low scores given on here to some of our players, and wondered if I was at a different game. So I checked the stats. Charlton had 53% possession. Sixteen shots, with six on target. Exactly the same as Fleetwood. Fleetwood had 3 corners, to Charlton's 8. So, I came to the conclusion that I was at the right game, and some of you were at the wrong one instead...

"Pearce - didn't put a foot wrong"

Pretty sure he was at fault for the first.

Like him though, reminds me a bit of Steve Brown with the way he throws his body at anything. Fearless, old fashioned defender.
  • We are gelling into a good team....we would have lost that last season...Mcgenis is a beast.
  • Rudd---- 6
    Solly----6.5
    Konsa---6.5
    Pearce---6
    Fox---6
    Holmes---6.5
    Crofts---5
    Ulvestad---5
    Lookman--6
    Ajose---5
    Maginnes--7.5
    Novac--6.5

Ref--chuck this guy out
  • Rudd 6
    Solly 6
    Konsa 6
    Pearce 6
    Fox 6
    Holmes 7
    Crofts 5
    Ulvestad 5
    Lookman 7
    Ajose 5
    Magennis 8
    Novak 6.5
  • RedChaser said:

RedChaser said:

Rudd 6 Can't remember any notable saves he made
    Solly 6 Stuck to his task
    Konsa 6.5 Cool under pressure for his age ok on the ball
    Pearce 6.5 The old head at the back comfortable on the ball
    Fox 5.5 Fox of old at times today with aimless passes better 2nd half
    Holmes 7 Kept probing overdid it at times
    Crofts 6 Didn't really notice him contribute much, booked for giving the ref a deserved volley for not stopping play when Pearce out cold with head injury.
    Ulvestad 6 Tidy neat passes not sure about box to box, backs off a lot rather than tackle
    Lookman 6.5 Good to see him start, some good runs but over played it at times
    Ajose 5.5 I saw his goals at Walsall, snatched at his only chance today but he doesn't work hard enough for me rightly subbed second half.
    Magennis 8 Tireless worker thoroughly deserved his goal
    Novak 7.5 Made a difference when he came on against their big lumps at the back took his goal well booked for celebration yet their scorer who did the same and gave it to us, wasn't!
    Botaka 7 Earned us a point combining with Foley, looked mustard they couldn't handle him
    Foley n/a couldn't understand his introduction although he was involved in build up with Botaka to set up Novak.

Referee 1 inconsistent, fussy, didn't understand the advantage rule or immediate cessation of play for a head injury completely out of his depth.

It was Novak booked for dissent after the Pearce head injury, not Crofts, so none of our players were booked for the goal celebration!
    Well @killerandflash according to the BBC Sport Novak was booked for the Goal celebration :smirk: which if he was then booked for having a go at the referee he should have been sent off for two reds no?

What is for certain, one of us needs to go to spec savers perhaps both even as BBC didn't show a yellow against Crofts :wink: .
    https://www.specsavers.co.uk/

Here's the link for you :smile:
  • Rudd - 6. Not convinced the first goal got a deflection

Solly - 6. Solid defending. Seemed to over hit 90% of his long balls

Konsa - 6. Looked string after a dodgy first five minutes

Pearce - 6. Played well and will keep Lennon out. Will be interesting to see how he plays beside Bauer

Fox - 7. Looks very good at this level. Going forward he caused them a lot of problems and made a couple of great crunching tackles.

Holmes - 8. Despite giving the ball away a couple of times, how this lad hasn't played at a higher level amazes me. I can see him being a real Charlton legend. Gives 100% everytime.

Crofts - 5. Fairly invisible. Disappointing really

Ulvestad - 5. Completely invisible. Lightweight, didn't seem up for the fight at times appeared he didn't want to be there.

Lookman - 7. The kid is going places. Not sure playing in the hole is his ideal role, but so skilful on the ball and difficult to dispossess. Surprised he got away without a booking, though none of his fouls were malicious.

Ajose - 5. Hopefully, just a bad day at the office.

Magennis -7. Bish, bash, bosh. My kind of centre forward. The Fleetwood defence could not handle him. Could have had a couple of more goals with a bit of luck.

Novak -5. Despite his goal, he seemed a little disinterested and did not really get into the pace of the game.
  • edited September 2016
    Rudd 6 Not much to do, I thought there was a chance he could have at least got closer for their 1st goal.
    Solly 6
    Konsa 6
    Pearce 6
    Fox 5 Sorry, but I just don't rate him & nor did anyone standing near me.
    Holmes 6.5 Quieter game, I still think he's carrying a bruised foot, but set up the 1st goal.
    Crofts 6
    Ulvestad 5 Did very little & I think lost the ball for their 2nd goal (but he's not played much for a year).
    Lookman 6 Quiet game, showed a couple of great touches.
    Ajose 5 He's bringing nothing to the team. He's had about 7 games & not produced. I'd have Novak in now.
    Magennis 7 Decent with no support alongside. Extra mark for the goal.
    Novak 7 Better than Ajose by far & scored not long after coming on.
    Botaka n/a The games was lost until he came on. He totally changed it & we went from zilch to dominant.
    Foley n/a Assisted the equaliser, so you can't argue with that.

• Rudd 6
    Solly 6
    Konsa 6
    Pearce 6
    Fox 7
    Holmes 7
    Crofts 6
    Ulvestad 5
    Lookman 6
    Ajose 5
    Magennis 8 MOM
    Novak 7