Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Christmas Party

Looking for some inspiration from you creative chaps and chapesses.

We are looking for an attraction for our office Christmas party. Something a bit different. We had a giant snow globe last year which made for some nice photos but this year I want something a bit different. I was considering something like Duelling Waiters (don't want to spoil it but if you've seen it, it's very entertaining) or some form of "act" but wondered if anyone on here had any suggestions or contacts who might be able to come up with some cool ideas. (Duelling waiters are great but cost more than £2,500 which is a little bit steep imo)

It's black tie so we can't really do bucking bronco's or anything like that. We also take care of the bar so nothing essentially alcohol related.

Over to you good folk

Comments

• Options
    Instead of a gimmick pay for everyone to hire black tie dress.

Cant stand it when you get a 'we are treating you to a party, but you have got to shell out for the dress code we have chosen' party.
  • Options
    I understand that throwing bread rolls at each other is thought to be great fun!☺
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    close up magician and/or portrait artist

And before someone else says it

"will Tony Cahones be there"

"Must be doing well out of training ground project then"

"Can you give my trolling some more attention please, I'm begging you, please"

: - )
  • Options
    Everybody naked.
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

Cant stand it when you get a 'we are treating you to a party, but you have got to shell out for the dress code we have chosen' party.

You're a load of fun aren't you.

We don't enforce it but we do black tie every year. People have come to expect it (many request it). You can buy a tux for £100 nowadays as opposed to wasting £60 to hire one. We aren't expecting people to rock up in an Armani tuxedo - just to get glammed up for the night while we pay for a venue, food and drinks for all staff and their partners.

• Options

Everybody naked.

you've never met @Swisdom in the flesh i take it
  • Options
    Swisdom said:

MrOneLung said:

We don't enforce it but we do black tie every year. People have come to expect it (many request it). You can buy a tux for £100 nowadays as opposed to wasting £60 to hire one. We aren't expecting people to rock up in an Armani tuxedo - just to get glammed up for the night while we pay for a venue, food and drinks for all staff and their partners.

Can I come ?

• Options

Everybody naked.

My parents would be there so that's a no from me....

having said that.....some of our Admin girls......

• Sponsored links:

• Options

Swisdom said:

MrOneLung said:

Can I come ?

Depends if you work here....or your partner does
  • Options
    Not one for you as you doing it in house but.

https://www.theginstitute.com
  • Options
    Put £500 behind the bar and donate £2000 to the upbeats.
  • Options
    Agree with Henry ... close-up magicians are great
  • Options
    See if you can hire the dancing giant polar bears from Britain's Got Talent.
  • Options
    Strip club and stick the entire budget behind the bar. The next morning hold an early meeting.
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    stonemuse said:

Agree with Henry ... close-up magicians are great

Glass and a bottle and a bottle and a bottle..................just like that :smiley: .
  • Options

Powdered MDMA in the punch.

If you opt for MXE instead you will kill two birds with one stone and lower the bar bill too
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Everybody naked.

you've never met @Swisdom in the flesh i take it
    Sounds like he'd like to though.
  • Options
    The dreaded word already and we're only just into september!

And I've already seen bleeding christfuck cards, for fucks sake!!!!!!!
  • Options
    Reckon you could get Keith Vaz and a few of his 'friends' and a bag of poppers on the cheap.
    Just see what develops, Big Brother stylee.
  • Options
    Sticky vicky & her daughter!
  • Options
    edited September 2016

Was forced to watch their act in Benidorm whilst on a stag as the elder statesman, couldn't believe my eyes having led such a sheltered life :blush: .
  • Options
    RedChaser said:

Was forced to watch their act in Benidorm whilst on a stag as the elder statesman, couldn't believe my eyes having led such a sheltered life :blush: .
    When you say "forced".......
  • Options
    Have Katrien & Roland leading the Hokey Cokey
  • Options
    edited September 2016

RedChaser said:

Yeh screaming and kicking I was, warned them we could all go blond, now where did I put my glasses :smiley: .

Edit; found them, oops sb blind not blond!
  • Options
    Sort of on the duelling waiters theme, real duelling with old fashioned pistols.

Entry requirement is that you must have consumed a shit load of alcohol beforehand.

Back to back, ten paces, turn and fire.

Each barrel loaded with 6 bullets so everyone can have a fair crack.

Everyone wins because the ensuing pandemonium from workmates firing shots everywhere will also keep everyone gripped/on their toes. If shots actually hit their target, this will save on the bar bill as I doubt many will want a drink after being shot. And you can even arrange for the more unpopular members of staff to stick to their ten paces but tip the wink to the other pistol packer at seven paces, thus allowing them a free shot. Not only will this cut down on the bar bill, you'll also be able to lower workforce numbers by getting rid of disliked members of staff without having to go down the often costly legal route.

Invite Roland, Kat and Big Tone.

Merry Christmas.
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    RedChaser said:

RedChaser said:

Yeh screaming and kicking I was, warned them we could all go blond, now where did I put my glasses :smiley: .
    Going there on Saturday for my annual boys booze up week (never been to Benidorm and hopefully won't ever again) if said mother and daughter duo are in town, I'll get this photo signed for you.