Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Trust on Ebay - Lunch with Charlton Athletic Manager Russell Slade

edited September 2016 in General Charlton
That should say CAFCTrust...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/201658258921

Comments

• £0.50 with Meire
  • Starting at £75?! Makes sense I guess, anything less than that wouldn't cover fatty's pies.
  • Kap10 said:

£0.50 with Meire

Does that include a sweet
  • Why do they always have to parade the man around in a scarf? It's blatant overcompensation and it's embarrassing.
  • Have one to sell..?
  • It's up to £200 already...those East Kent Addicks are at it again ;-)
  • Sponsored links:

• £200 for Lunch? What we having!? A pasty, a beer and portion of chips each from the North stand?
  • edited September 2016

It's up to £200 already...those East Kent Addicks are at it again ;-)

That's £14:28 per chip for feck sake!
  • Kap10 said:

£0.50 with Meire

I think some people would pay a lot more than that, the chance to tell what a complete cnut she really is without her bouncers, priceless
  • I'm not going if her bouncers aren't going to be on display.......
  • Seriously? Is this for real?
  • 200 quid, surely you'd get a cheaper lunch at Greggs.
  • The food must be the greatest dining experience possible to justify £75.

You'd expect food from a top chef.

Slade isn't a Charlton legend....so the appeal of having lunch with him?

You would have to ask questions where he would be willing to give the answers....about the day to day running of the club and what a shambles it is. He would put a positive unrealistic spin on everything, I'm guessing. No disrespect to him, and I'm fair enough.

I'm sure he's a nice enough bloke....and one that wants to be particularly positive about things.

He would need to be funny and entertaining, as in the football world saying "I paid £200 to have lunch with Russell Slade" most people would say why? And a number of people would say who?

Some might think it would be incredibly awkward.
  • Not having a go at slade himself.....it's just the cost of it would bring the whole thing down, unless your rich and you don't care!

People are bidding I suppose so obviously they are happy enough to pay whatever amount.
  • Dave2l said:

Not having a go at slade himself.....it's just the cost of it would bring the whole thing down, unless your rich and you don't care!

People are bidding I suppose so obviously they are happy enough to pay whatever amount.

Yet I guess its partly because money will be going to the Community Trust... How many on here have made large donations on auctions for the Upbeats?
  • Dave2l said:

The food must be the greatest dining experience possible to justify £75.

You would have to ask questions where he would be willing to give the answers....about the day to day running of the club and what a shambles it is. He would put a positive unrealistic spin on everything, I'm guessing. No disrespect to him, and I'm fair enough.

I'm sure he's a nice enough bloke....and one that wants to be particularly positive about things.

He would need to be funny and entertaining, as in the football world saying "I paid £200 to have lunch with Russell Slade" most people would say why? And a number of people would say who?

I think it would be bloody awkward. This would be my idea of hell. The best that could happen would be him shovelling the food down fast, barely stopping for air, wiping his mouth on his cuff before belching saying 'thanks love' and buggering off.
  • Sponsored links:

• Dave2l said:

I think it would be bloody awkward. This would be my idea of hell. The best that could happen would be him shovelling the food down fast, barely stopping for air, wiping his mouth on his cuff before belching saying 'thanks love' and buggering off.
    Do you mean 'the best' as in that's what you'd want to happen so you didn't have to sit there for a long time? If you mean that's the best you could expect from Slade I suspect you're doing him a disservice.
  • Dave2l said:

Do you mean 'the best' as in that's what you'd want to happen so you didn't have to sit there for a long time? If you mean that's the best you could expect from Slade I suspect you're doing him a disservice.
    I mean that if in the extremely unlikely event that my family clubbed together to bid for this as a surprise for me then I would dread it. As Dave 21 said - some people would find it incredibly awkward, and I am one of them so would want it to be over quickly. Without knowing Slade I imagine it could be pretty cringeworthy for him too.
  • Dave2l said:

Not having a go at slade himself.....it's just the cost of it would bring the whole thing down, unless your rich and you don't care!

Am I missing something but has the same bidder bid 6 times and outbid himself 5 times?
  • edited September 2016
    We've auctioned similar on here before and got good prices only it was billed as a trip to the training ground, see the players train and meet the manager and eat with him rather than a lunch.

If you read the description it is pretty much the same.

What I'm not clear about is how many people it is for. If it was for two or four people rather than one it could be a good day out, chance to see behind the scenes etc. If people have the money and want to spend it that way, and the money goes to the Community Trust anyway, then good for them.

I doubt they will get the unique experience I had the last time I visited Sparrows Lane of being called a criminal by a hysterical CEO in front of my son for asking for more communication with fans though. Some things money can't buy.

Ironically, that communication I asked for (having regular public meetings with fans, setting up a target 20K group, responding to emails) as part of the original aims of Spell it Out in Black and White are now, in part, what the club is trying to do with Q and As with Slade and KM, Slade pictured answering fans letters on the OS, etc etc.

It's shame the KM is always so far behind what is required and only calls the fire brigade when the house has already burnt down.
  • I doubt they will get the unique experience I had the last time I visited Sparrows Lane of being called a criminal by a hysterical CEO in front of my son for asking for more communication with fans though. Some things money can't buy.

You were told to "keep your hands where everyone can see them" and when you were caught trying to "borrow" bits from the Training Ground for the Museum they naturally reacted as anyone else would after quite firmly saying NO first time round!!
  • Dave2l said:

Am I missing something but has the same bidder bid 6 times and outbid himself 5 times?
    I think someone has bid £200 or more as a maximum but as others bid lesser amounts his or her bids kick in
  • edited September 2016
    I reckon Cajones has bid the highest to save himself all the aggro and extra work that will come his way after Latrine has promised to look into suggestions for improving the match day experience. It'll be well worth the outlay for him! :open_mouth:
  • Good idea by the Trust. Gets money for charity and gives the winner an experience they can't buy in the high street.

For those saying it is a lot, I am organising a 5 a side tournament for charity and one person just said they are too busy to take part so gave me £500 as a donation instead.

If people have the money most tend to give a proportion to charity, if they get something like this in return everyone is a winner.