Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Malaga fc

Have booked a week away next year to Malaga, and it just so happens they are playing at home to Barcelona the week i'm there, looked on their website and ticket prices vary from 90-140 Euros, has anyone been before and is there a big difference in views and atmosphere.
Any advice welcome.

Comments

• I went about 7 years ago. A nice stadium with good views all round. Have a lively section of ultras who call themselves the 'Hinchas' and another section of supporters who stand behind the goal. They were chanting back and forth at each other and created a good atmosphere. Definitely go.
  • Be aware they change dates/KO times to suit the tele at very short notice.
  • edited September 2016
    Had one of the worst days of my life in Malaga. Hope the football is good though haha I've heard it is!

As long as it's the same weekend I'll be fine.

Usually Friday night, through to Sunday evening I believe. Like I said on another thread I fell foul of this last year, buying for Barcelona on a Saturday and then it was switched to Friday night. We were sitting in Gatwick when the game started ;-(
  • Yeah I popped along for a game a couple of seasons back as I was in town for a wedding. Nice stadium and great atmosphere. Managed to get a seat in the stand with the roof but be aware that the other 4 sides are uncovered. Obviously rain isn't much of an issue but it was bloody hot when we went so we were thankful for the cover.

The ultras at each end were good value. They had an ongoing chant battle the entire time (complete with megaphones) which was actually a lot more entertaining than the match itself (it ended 0-0).

Hope that helps.

Last year I went to watch Valencia play. Originally the game was down as a 9pm k/o on the Saturday. I brought the tickets in advance. Few days later the game was switched to Sunday night, and in the end was played at 9pm Monday night. Fortunately i flew home on the Tuesday.

• I presume the price is as high as that cos its Barcelona they're playing? cant believe over 90 quid a ticket is the norm. must be pricing out nearly everyone.
  • I presume the price is as high as that cos its Barcelona they're playing? cant believe over 90 quid a ticket is the norm. must be pricing out nearly everyone.

From what I've seen I'd say that most clubs sell tickets for their home matches against Real and Barca at roughly 4 times the usual price. All other games are much cheaper, easily get in for £30 and sometimes a lot less. Paying 18 Euros to watch Valencia against Alaves in a couple of weeks.

Yeah they're playing Valancia two weeks after and tickets are from 20 Euros.
  • Sponsored links:

• Decided to go for it, holiday is from 5th - 13th and game is scheduled to be on the 9th so should be ok. Gone for 90 Euro tickets(plus £3 booking fee even though it's print at home lol) right next to one of the covered stands, just need to let the wife know now, or wait until the day, either way she won't be happy.
    Thanks for advice.
  • Doesnt Malaga have a large British season ticket following?
  • edited September 2016

Doesnt Malaga have a large British season ticket following?

it does. When I was in Malaga a couple of years ago, we were talking to an expat who ran a bar out there. It was during the 2014 World Cup and he mentioned that Malaga had a fairly big following of Brits based out there.