Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Roland Duchatelet...A religious person?

The man has so much blind faith in people and things, I'm surprised something like the bible is not he's achilles heel. Perhaps it is?

Nothing against any individual that is religious...but it's something I can personally never grasp or understand....and especially why people waste so much time on it.

Common sense simply rules it all out as nonsense. In my opinion. Maybe that's just because I personally have never had any dealings with the supernatural.
Why would you believe? Maybe some people have had genuine supernatural unexplainable things happen with them or to them. That's why they believe. I would respect that, as then the whole thing is not blind faith.

Roland is obviously a man of faith, and one without logic or evidence. He has faith in the wrong people ...because he can afford to? Yes, that is obviously a factor. Otherwise in business terms, hiring a twat as a whatever he is (the dragon ball z bloke that influences transfers)
and an incompetent CEO, in business terms, is suicide.

It carries no logic...to the point where it's so weird, you would assume that only a genius could make it up.
The sad truth is, its just the behaviour of a deluded fool, but one that is without the burdon of actually needing to care. He can afford to be a deluded fool if he wants to be.
Previous owners, chairmans, perhaps could not. They stuck to the rule book for good reason.
The need to be successful and or to survive.
Being realistic enough...because they had to be.

To be honest he's so weird (Roland) I'm even more surprised he is not the leader of a religious cult.

Maybe he is. Maybe the cult is called "gates of network".

They all speak like they are part of a cult or leaders of a cult.

A lot of similarities , thinking about it.

Comments

• His religion is money like most rich people.
  • C4FC4L1f3 said:

His religion is money like most rich people.

Can imagine him on the Belgian dragons den.

The obscure investments
  • Dave2l said:

The man has so much blind faith in people and things, I'm surprised something like the bible is not he's achilles heel. Perhaps it is?

Nothing against any individual that is religious...but it's something I can personally never grasp or understand....and especially why people waste so much time on it.

Common sense simply rules it all out as nonsense. In my opinion. Maybe that's just because I personally have never had any dealings with the supernatural.
    Why would you believe? Maybe some people have had genuine supernatural unexplainable things happen with them or to them. That's why they believe. I would respect that, as then the whole thing is not blind faith.

Roland is obviously a man of faith, and one without logic or evidence. He has faith in the wrong people ...because he can afford to? Yes, that is obviously a factor. Otherwise in business terms, hiring a twat as a whatever he is (the dragon ball z bloke that influences transfers)

It carries no logic...to the point where it's so weird, you would assume that only a genius could make it up.
    The sad truth is, its just the behaviour of a deluded fool, but one that is without the burdon of actually needing to care. He can afford to be a deluded fool if he wants to be.
    Previous owners, chairmans, perhaps could not. They stuck to the rule book for good reason.

To be honest he's so weird (Roland) I'm even more surprised he is not the leader of a religious cult.

This aspect of the regime was illustrated by Meire when she talked of the infallibility of Duchatelet;

i.e. "Roland doesn't do failure"

This rolls on down to new disciples - one of the most vociferous now being Sue Parkes who will defend every SMT decision/action which attracts critics with the response that Katrien/The club know what they are doing and if we all only really understood then we too would see the light.............
  • Dave2l said:

This aspect of the regime was illustrated by Meire when she talked of the infallibility of Duchatelet;

This rolls on down to new disciples - one of the most vociferous now being Sue Parkes who will defend every SMT decision/action which attracts critics with the response that Katrien/The club know what they are doing and if we all only really understood then we too would see the light.............
    "Roland doesn't do failure" and "we've made mistakes"
    Forgive me I am getting old. But does one statement not contradict the other?
    I mean the obviously the bit that's missing is the apology, but who are we to expect such a thing from those perched up in their ivory towers.
    http://www.cafc.co.uk/news/article/club-statement-charlton-athletic-relegation-to-league-one-3068129.aspx
  • I think this thread offers opportunities for sinkage.
  • T.C.E said:

Dave2l said:

"Roland doesn't do failure" and "we've made mistakes"
    Forgive me I am getting old. But does one statement not contradict the other?
    I mean the obviously the bit that's missing is the apology, but who are we to expect such a thing from those perched up in their ivory towers.
    http://www.cafc.co.uk/news/article/club-statement-charlton-athletic-relegation-to-league-one-3068129.aspx
    Like most failed lawyers, Meire would be ideally suited to a career in politics. She will say any old nonsense if she thinks it will get her out of trouble (although it usually results in giving her more trouble!)