Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Bet the Goalie feels like a clown!

Not sure if this has been posted but spotted it on Facebook earlier. Hilarious.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=8fpydN6rejI

Comments

• Thought this was going to be about joe hart.
  • Not sure if this has been posted but spotted it on Facebook earlier. Hilarious.

numerous times I would imagine. it's a good 5 years old if not more and crops up every couple of months. luckily it's still funny
  • I've got a really good one of an Algerian goalkeeper 'saving' a penalty! I don't think many people have seen it either
  • The way the keeper runs off its either in a shoot out or last kick of the game. If it's the former the goal doesn't stand as the rule in shoot out is the penalty is over once the ball ceases it's forward movement.
  • edited September 2016

The way the keeper runs off its either in a shoot out or last kick of the game. If it's the former the goal doesn't stand as the rule in shoot out is the penalty is over once the ball ceases it's forward movement.

Pretty certain that's not the case and the descriptions I can find all state the the ball has to move forward from the kick and the penalty is over when the ball stops moving or is out of play. Nothing about the balls direction after it has been kicked forward.
    Come to think of it if it was true that the ball was dead when it stops moving forward then if the ball hit the post, then went sideways/backwards and hit the keeper and went in then that would be disallowed. Which is clearly not the case and there was a FIFA legal ruling after a world cup game shootout that confirmed this and clarified the law on penalty shootouts. Basically the ball is dead when the ref says it is, not because the ball has rebounded somehow.
  • The way the keeper runs off its either in a shoot out or last kick of the game. If it's the former the goal doesn't stand as the rule in shoot out is the penalty is over once the ball ceases it's forward movement.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Penalty_shoot-out_(association_football)

A kick is successful if, having been touched once by the kicker, the ball crosses the goal line between the goal posts and under the crossbar, without touching any player, official, or outside agent other than the defending goalkeeper. The ball may touch the goalkeeper, goal posts, or crossbar any number of times before going into the goal as long as the referee believes the ball's motion is the result of the initial kick.