Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Vuelta a Espana (2019 from page 4)

Comments

• Options
    They cycled past my villa earlier. Noisy buggers
  • Options
    A little too exciting for my liking today.
  • Options
    Hope Froome's tumbles don't effect him tomorrow.
  • Options
    Contador team singing La Bamba ... love it.
  • Options
    Great stage yesterday. Will miss Contador.

Fat guy pushing the rider off his bike was shown on ITV4. Scary. Cop in attendance, so it'll be interesting to see how he's dealt with.
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:

Fat guy pushing the rider off his bike was shown on ITV4. Scary. Cop in attendance, so it'll be interesting to see how he's dealt with.

Charges have been dropped by the rider the moment he learnt that the "attack" has learning difficulties
  • Options

JamesSeed said:

Charges have been dropped by the rider the moment he learnt that the "attack" has learning difficulties
    I did wonder.
  • Options
    Tomorrows stage runs pretty close to where I used to live. Ecija (where it starts) is called the frying pan of Spain as it gets so hot and then they pass through Lucena and Cabra on the way to Priego De Cordoba which is a beautiful town (right through the Sierra Subitecca). They finish at a place called Alcala La Real which has a great castle. The whole area is riddled with castles and watch towers as it was border land between the Moors and Christians.
  • Options
    edited September 2017

JamesSeed said:

The idiot policeman who pushed a spectator under the wheels of a support bike taking both rider and pillion down should face censure.

Are all the Guardia Civil guys on steroids? Some big lads there.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Addickted said:

JamesSeed said:

The idiot policeman who pushed a spectator under the wheels of a support bike taking both rider and pillion down should face censure.

Are all the Guardia Civil guys on steroids? Some big lads there.

Picture looks like something out of star wars.
    May the force be with you.
    Hope the bloke was ok
  • Options
    Froome saying he's saved his legs for today, the last stage before the second rest day.

Couple of hills for them all at the end :wink:

• Options
    Very exciting finish yesterday. When Froome, Nibali and Contador were going head to head I was sitting in my chair and I noticed my feet doing little peddling movements as if I was there with them.
  • Options
    Stig said:

Very exciting finish yesterday. When Froome, Nibali and Contador were going head to head I was sitting in my chair and I noticed my feet doing little peddling movements as if I was there with them.

Lol, same here.
  • Options
    Addickted said:

Froome saying he's saved his legs for today, the last stage before the second rest day.

Couple of hills for them all at the end :wink:

Have a feeling it could be very exciting today. I expect a big attack from Nibali and Contador working together.

You could see Froome was holding back yesterday, brave move so he still feels confident.
  • Options
    Last 6.5 Kms. Getting exciting!
  • Options
    End of 2nd week looking very good for Froome with time trial next.

Some incredibly steep climbs coming up this week.

Miguel Angel Lopez is a real star for the future ... in fact, forget that, he could be podium by next Sunday.
  • Options
    I wish I wanted Froome to win, but I can't help hoping someone else gets a go.
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    What's happened to the coverage on ITV4?
  • Options

They only cover the Highlights of the Vuelta...

Apparently ITV4 are provided live coverage of the Tour of Britain though?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

No highlights today, it's a rest day.
  • Options
    ITV very happy with viewing figures versus cost apparently. Good sign.
  • Options
    I'd like Froome to win as he's fantastic at what he does.

Still ain't having him as a Brit though.
  • Options
    Strange that Cavendish has even been included in the "long-list" ahead of the World Road Championships in Bergen this month.

Going to be far too hilly a course for him to even attempt to win and fully expect him to not be involved when the final list is picked!!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cycling/41147770
  • Options
    No Yates brothers?
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:

No Yates brothers?

Good spot didnt think of them... Although probably ignored because they race for an Australian team

i.e. the Olympic Squad in Brazil was filled with Team SKY riders until one dropped out and Steve Cummings had to be drafted yet apart from Froome no one had a better year than him
  • Options
    If its a climbing course, how is Ben swift even on the long list?
  • Options
    Because he can pull on the front for miles, and also get over big mountains in the front group. Came 2nd on Alpe de Huez in Crit Dauphine, and was in breakaway groups on mountain stages in the TDF. OK so when they go up the real beasts of climbs he'll drop, but for the previous mountains he can pull.
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:

If its a climbing course, how is Ben swift even on the long list?

Ben Swift isnt the Sprinter he once was... As Colin says, he's become more of a Domestique these days
  • Options
    Fantastic TT by Froome today, winning by 30 seconds and making a minute on most of the other GC riders.